Would you rather be the Packers or the Seahawks?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
My hope for the Seahawks was not to win the SB again (that is a lofty, almost unrealistic goal).

But instead to do what the Packers have done. Once the Packers won the SB, they still consistently made the playoffs and generally made it to the conference game. (They did miss a few times, mainly when Rodgers was injured)

That is a pretty amazing run.

But you can hear the discontent in Green Bay. Apparently, 4 conference games, already having a won a SB with that QB, is not enough.

I have to remind myself that while Carroll frustrates me for not even trying things that would make us better, at least he isn't Tom Flores.

(This is a pretty good run even though I think Wilson could be doing better with another system.)

But now you have the Packers team in upheaval not even knowing what is happening with their QB. (not really, he obviously stays). Meanwhile, Wilson still seems solidly behind Carroll for the foreseeable future.

So are the Packers in a worse place than the Seahawks even after making multiple trips to the conference game? Or are the Seahawks, given our regular flameouts in the playoffs?

Just curious because to me the Packers are what the Seahawks should aspire to achieve. But the Packers really don't seem that happy with that achievement.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Well, 1 win in 5 tries isn't good enough if you're a Packers fan. Stats and MVP awards don't matter if you can't finish the job. Rodgers has been in 1 Super Bowl.
Just like 3 playoff wins in 6 years for the Hawks isn't good enough.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Packers are better and closer to winning the prize than Seattle, so there's that.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But still 1 for 5 under Rodgers. Close doesn't matter if you don't get the job done.
We hear this every single day on here about the Hawks. So, that also applies to any other team that is "close"
Also, how many years have we heard about how the Pack didn't go out and get one more piece to push them over the top? Pretty much every time they get knocked out in the NFC Title game. Especially on Defense.
Shoot, as much as people want to blast the Hawks front office, the Packers picked a QB in the 1st round. That is laughable.

Just my opinion. Right now, sure the Pack are a better team. But the gap isn't as wide as people think.
No, I'm not trying to argue, just voicing an opinion.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Well, we are the right coordinator away from the NFCCG/Super Bowl in my mind. It's not like we are rebuilding. We have the talent to get there, we just need the proper coaching and scheming to pave the way.

rjdriver

Reaction score
Aros":v6gzt3ce said:
Well, we are the right coordinator GIVEN FREE REIN away from the NFCCG/Super Bowl in my mind. It's not like we are rebuilding. We have the talent to get there, we just need the proper coaching and scheming to pave the way.

Fixed it for you boss ;)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
rjdriver":3li0cqm8 said:
Aros":3li0cqm8 said:
Well, we are the right coordinator GIVEN FREE REIN away from the NFCCG/Super Bowl in my mind. It's not like we are rebuilding. We have the talent to get there, we just need the proper coaching and scheming to pave the way.

Fixed it for you boss ;)

Thank you it needed fixing. :lol:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3g541kct said:
But you can hear the discontent in Green Bay. Apparently, 4 conference games, already having a won a SB with that QB, is not enough.

pittpnthrs":3g541kct said:
Packers are better and closer to winning the prize than Seattle, so there's that.

I'm saying this as respectfully as I can, but given your posting history, you'd both be essentially exactly the same level of unhappy with the Packers situation.

This is just going to be how a segment of every fan base is; no matter where they are at/where they've been at, it's just like this. If anybody thinks a chunk of Patriots fans weren't like this during their nine year SB win drought, I think they're being delusional.

I hope everybody reading this gets some enjoyment out of games/the season that isn't Super Bowl win or bust, it's supposed to be fun. Being unhappy is totally fine and normal to an extent with this stuff, but if anybody who posts here is just flat miserable watching this team I'd advise finding something else to do with your time. Even most Jets/Bengals/Jags/etc. fans find a way to enjoy a football season, and they have basically put up some serious crap for an eternity.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's been a hell of a run, and the season was a blast.
I'm on the positive side of things almost always. But at the same time, 3 playoff wins in 6 years just isn't good enough. I'm extremely grateful for the run this team has been on, we have it good here.
The frustration comes from the fact that many of us know what they are capable of. Hopefully something changes, but with Pete at the helm, I'm more cautiously optimistic than in the past.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Well for the most part the Packers have played to their stars strengths and built a team around Rodgers (offense).

Can Seattle say they build to their star QBs strengths?

Rodgers may be unhappy now but if he was with Seattle, he would be extremely disappointed.

Seems like Packers have a coaching staff that can make adjustments, Seattle does not.

Packers are still in a better position to succeed than Seattle is currently.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet he has been to 1 less Super Bowl than Russ 8)
The same Russ who is 2-0 in Championship games. While Lord Rodgers is 1-4.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":ih762mf7 said:
Well for the most part the Packers have played to their stars strengths and built a team around Rodgers (offense).

Rodgers may be unhappy now but if he was with Seattle, he would be extremely disappointed.

Seems like Packers have a coaching staff that can make adjustments, Seattle does not.

What adjustments did the Packers staff make? Are you talking about the adjustment to not trusting your QB with the SB on the line. Pretty common on this forum, blame and criticize Pete and John but make excuses for other teams big loses.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":mkbxksp1 said:
But still 1 for 5 under Rodgers. Close doesn't matter if you don't get the job done.
We hear this every single day on here about the Hawks. So, that also applies to any other team that is "close"

The Packers make it to the conference title game while Seattle can barely make it out of the first round. There's a big difference in what some consider getting 'CLOSE'.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
But still didn't make the Super Bowl, for the 4th straight time w/Rodgers under center, in the NFC Championship game.

It's not good enough if you don't make it to the Super Bowl. And that applies to them, and I'm sure the players would tell you the same thing.

Nobody is saying the Hawks have a better team. But the fact is that the Packers and Rodgers have lost 4 straight times in the NFC Championship. Not good enough.
Oh well, I only care about one team. Have a great night.
Go Hawks

xray

Reaction score
slightly off topic but it's safe to say that Wilson will never have to face Brady on NFC Championship Sunday . :D

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":18dc9bn5 said:
And the Seahawks went to TWO Super Bowls in a row, and are about two Offensive Players needing to be upgraded + a REAL O.C. to be right back into the conversation, so there is that. :irishdrinkers:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
We need 2 rbs..a wr3...oline help...dline help..and db help...then maybe a contender. If I hear ppl say we will be fine with Penny and Collins then be prepared for same ol same ol..

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Flyingsquad23":336bhkiz said:
TheLegendOfBoom":336bhkiz said:

What adjustments did the Packers staff make? Are you talking about the adjustment to not trusting your QB with the SB on the line. Pretty common on this forum, blame and criticize Pete and John but make excuses for other teams big loses.
Yes the Packers lost but they lost a relatively close game.

One or two plays essentially was the difference.

I don’t know what Seahawks games you have been watching this year but I saw a bunch of short runs for 3-4 yards and then the pocket breaking down and Wilson escaping for his life and having to heave the ball 30 plus yards.

I saw this a lot.

The non adjustments I speak of was the lack of creativity and a sense of situational play calling on certain downs.

Seattle does that all the time, even before Schottenheimer, situational football for a full 16 game regular season is not a Seattle staple.

The Packers at least play a full offensive game plan and can attack with short intermediate throws or long down and distance throws. Their short game is vastly more impressive when Adams runs in motion and Rodgers can hit him real quick and gets 10-12 yards easily. The Packers have a vastly better offensive line but Seattle fails to adjust their philosophy on obtaining offensive lineman that are proven players.

Well if you haven’t notice, the Seahawks have been playing like this, just decent enough to get into playoffs but nowhere near coming close to putting together a group of 53 and their coaching staff capable of getting past the first round of playoffs. Who is exactly is the common denominator if every year new players come in? The common variable is Carroll.

You can’t blame Bevell anymore. You can’t blame Quinn anymore. You can’t blame Richard Sherman or Earl Thomas.

This team is built on a philosophy that is outdated and largely been figured out.

If Seattle cannot run the ball effectively especially in playoffs, they are NOT going to win the game, especially now when defenses are playing two high safety.

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
The last SIX years in the playoffs:
Packers - 5-4 missing the playoffs in 2017 and 2018
Seahawks - 3-5 missing the playoffs in 2017

It feels like the Packers try to draft/sign players that fit their system THEN adjust their system to their players when the season starts. It feels like the Seahawks try to draft/sign players to fit their system then run the same system regardless of personnel when the season starts.

I like Wilson/Lockett/DK and several others so I’d rather keep our players but I’d trade coaching staffs with almost any other team at this point.

chris98251

Reaction score
What I found funny was after halftime they asked Andy what they needed to do in the second half, he said score more points.

Playing to win rather then playing not to lose and safe is what, Packers, Chiefs, Bills, and Bucs have done. Doesn't mean they always are successful, but they adapt, try to adjust and exploit systems and weaknesses when they find one.