Would you rather be the Packers or the Seahawks?

TraderGary

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":t0696zyf said:
Well for the most part the Packers have played to their stars strengths and built a team around Rodgers (offense).

Can Seattle say they build to their star QBs strengths?

Rodgers may be unhappy now but if he was with Seattle, he would be extremely disappointed.

Seems like Packers have a coaching staff that can make adjustments, Seattle does not.

Packers are still in a better position to succeed than Seattle is currently.
This

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":11ve6cr9 said:
pittpnthrs":11ve6cr9 said:
Packers are better and closer to winning the prize than Seattle, so there's that.
And the Seahawks went to TWO Super Bowls in a row, and are about two Offensive Players needing to be upgraded + a REAL O.C. to be right back into the conversation, so there is that. :irishdrinkers:

If thats what you think, more power to you. Every year people say the same thing and every year its the same results. Its simple really. Pete needs optimum talent to move forward with his philosophy and he just doesnt have it. He wont change so the teams stuck.

NJlargent

Reaction score
Packers are not winning a SB anytime soon. This was their shot with SF being injured. They also can’t beat Tampa. Their only lucky circumstance is their division is not good but their defense is always suspect which is why they can’t get over the hump of the conference game when defense wins.

We are also far more removed from a SB than just a good OC. We need a major overhaul at OL. We aren’t going anywhere with our OL.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1kz7zzc0 said:
Packers are better and closer to winning the prize than Seattle, so there's that.

I'm not so sure about that. They won't be the 2020 Packers next year. They're in cap hell and could be losing key guys like Aaron Jones, Corey Linsley, and Robert Tonyan. The pressure is really going to be on them next year because it could be Rodgers last year there. Eventually they have to decide if they are all in with him or if they want to give Jordan Love a shot. They don't want to be like the Pats and choose the worst of both worlds and lose both the vet and young replacement and be left bare.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Still 1-4 in Championship games with Rodgers. If that's good enough, ok then.
If I'm a Packers fan, it flat out is NOT good enough. Not trying to start an argument, it goes nowhere. But.....it just sounds like more other teams are great and the Hawks suck stuff.

ONE Super Bowl since Rodgers became starter. Congrats.

balakoth

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2wuqist0 said:

I mean I guess 2 Superbowl appearances in 20 years is more successful than our run in 20 years.... oh wait...

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
balakoth":2q9kkhdt said:
pittpnthrs":2q9kkhdt said:

I mean I guess 2 Superbowl appearances in 20 years is more successful than our run in 20 years.... oh wait...

I guess losing in the first round of the playoffs is better than losing in the NFC title game,,,,,oh wait.

BASF

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1dwyxumk said:
balakoth":1dwyxumk said:
pittpnthrs":1dwyxumk said:

I guess losing in the first round of the playoffs is better than losing in the NFC title game,,,,,oh wait.

I am curious as to how it is different. The only thing I can think of is if you are a player and you are getting extra game checks. If the goal is to always win the Super Bowl (I guarantee you that almost everyone in our locker room and front office has this goal) then both are failures.

xray

Reaction score
Can I say the Bucs ? Sorry .

Mad Dog

Reaction score
chris98251":2hvfqku7 said:
What I found funny was after halftime they asked Andy what they needed to do in the second half, he said score more points.

Playing to win rather then playing not to lose and safe is what, Packers, Chiefs, Bills, and Bucs have done. Doesn't mean they always are successful, but they adapt, try to adjust and exploit systems and weaknesses when they find one.

I saw both the Bills and Packers eschew going for it on 4th down in the redzone when everyone knew they needed a TD and not a FG. How is that playing to win?

Just because they were the top 4 this year doesn't mean the top 4 won't be completely different next year and has nothing to do with "playing to win". Packers, Chiefs and Bucs have arguably 3 of the best QB's in NFL history. Bills have essentially a young John Elway and great defense. That's probably more accoutable for winning than any "attitude".

You need the horses. Our talent level is still a bit lower than some of the other teams but I'm hopeful we are on the right track.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mad Dog":1m3e4rdx said:
chris98251":1m3e4rdx said:
What I found funny was after halftime they asked Andy what they needed to do in the second half, he said score more points.

Playing to win rather then playing not to lose and safe is what, Packers, Chiefs, Bills, and Bucs have done. Doesn't mean they always are successful, but they adapt, try to adjust and exploit systems and weaknesses when they find one.

I saw both the Bills and Packers eschew going for it on 4th down in the redzone when everyone knew they needed a TD and not a FG. How is that playing to win?

Just because they were the top 4 this year doesn't mean the top 4 won't be completely different next year and has nothing to do with "playing to win". Packers, Chiefs and Bucs have arguably 3 of the best QB's in NFL history. Bills have essentially a young John Elway and great defense. That's probably more accoutable for winning than any "attitude".

You need the horses. Our talent level is still a bit lower than some of the other teams but I'm hopeful we are on the right track.

Not the first time Coaches have hedged bets on being safe in a crucial moment, in a big game. But that typically is not their personality.

Funny how the bigger the moment the more conservative people can get.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1vcxe6o8 said:
scutterhawk":1vcxe6o8 said:
pittpnthrs":1vcxe6o8 said:
And the Seahawks went to TWO Super Bowls in a row, and are about two Offensive Players needing to be upgraded + a REAL O.C. to be right back into the conversation, so there is that. :irishdrinkers:

If thats what you think, more power to you. Every year people say the same thing and every year its the same results. Its simple really. Pete needs optimum talent to move forward with his philosophy and he just doesnt have it. He wont change so the teams stuck.
Hey, I don't carry any angst with my opinion. :smilingalien:
Even with a MUCH BETTER Offensive Line, than what the Seahawks fielded last year, the Packs Coaching staff bailed on trusting their Quarterback AND that MUCH BETTER Offensive Line, to get the first down in the waning minutes of that game against the Bucs, and it cost them.
Can the Seahawks do better?, you bet your sweet bippy, but it's just as obvious, that the Packers are missing the bullseye, & have some issues to clean up too.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
scutterhawk":1e35938u said:
pittpnthrs":1e35938u said:
scutterhawk":1e35938u said:
pittpnthrs":1e35938u said:

Hey, I don't carry any angst with my opinion. :smilingalien:
Even with a MUCH BETTER Offensive Line, than what the Seahawks fielded last year, the Packs Coaching staff bailed on trusting their Quarterback AND that MUCH BETTER Offensive Line, to get the first down in the waning minutes of that game against the Bucs, and it cost them.
Can the Seahawks do better?, you bet your sweet bippy, but it's just as obvious, that the Packers are missing the bullseye, & have some issues to clean up too.

Certainly. Sure the Packers have some issues, but they are still further along than Seattle.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Rodgers has authored two MVP seasons that could be argued are the two best QB seasons in NFL history, both resulting in home field advantage.

And won a combined one playoff game (and it had to be over my Rams).

He was fine against Tampa Bay, but the Packers defense picked off Wilson 4 times in an NFCCG and Rodgers couldn't cash in.

That kind of playoff disappointment is tough.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
Seahawks are the better organization & are in far better shape moving forward! Seattle has $86 Million on the books for 2022 right now, which ranks 5th most cap space available with RW signed thru 2023. That’s a lot of cap space & the media pundits are discrediting themselves making cap space an issue. Seattle could have a 100 million to work with in 2021 because they have Brown, Adams, Lockett, Dunlap, Reed, in contract years in 2021. If the cap goes higher in 2022 then they have even more $$$ to work with and have both Wagner & Wilson signed. Seattle could easily switch out LT Brown with LT Trent Williams, Switch out Dunlap with one of a plethora of DE’s, Reed with 1 of several DT’s, and/or Lockett or add a WR to the WR room. I don’t think Seattle has ever been in a situation like this where they can do whatever they want.

The Green Bay fans are pissed! I’ve been listening to their football shows to figure out if All Pro C Corey Linsley is going to be an option for Seattle (he should be), dang those Packer fans are livid so mad they can’t see straight. They have zero confidence in their head coach & it doesn’t look like Aaron Rodgers does either. Very dark clouds over Green Bay lots of substance to what GB fans are complaining about vs a bunch of nonsense the Hawks fans are whining about.