Aros' Fearless Prediction Thread (Seahawks @ Panthers)

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
As the immortal words of Kurt Russell said in the glorious intro for SBXLVIII:

"This isn't a sight-seeing, we're just happy to get back to the big dance kind of thing for these guys."

No, this is a football team that has been there, has the championship pedigree, experience and talent to get back and win it all, again. It takes grit, staying power, never giving up on one another, playing for your brothers, and yes, sometimes luck, to get to where you want to go. The team standing in their way this week is a team that is a lot like their twin.

The Carolina Panthers are a very good team, and could possibly be the best team in the NFL this year. On the career performance of Cam Newton, the Panthers are riding high and have every reason to feel confident. These two teams play each other very close. It's a heavyweight battle from start to finish. Both sides fans have reason for bravado, but if you're being 100% honest with yourself, you know that when these two teams face each other, it could go either way.

Unless somehow the wheels fall off for either team, I see this going as the way it traditionally goes for these two teams. A close, hard fought battle that won't be decided until the last seconds tick off the clock. I expect a defensive game, with both offenses struggling to find the end zone. This game will likely be decided by that one play where the other team blinks.

Buckle up. This game is why we are football fans.

PS, I chose the Seahawks for two reasons....One, because, DUH, and two because the Panthers have all the pressure to win this game while there is no pressure on the Seahawks to win.

Aros' Fearless Prediction: Seahawks 24 - Panthers 21

Aros' Fearless Record: 11-6

Laloosh

Reaction score
I'm going 27 - 21 SEA. Defense gets a much needed stop in the red zone in the final seconds.

Go Hawks!

Decimation

Reaction score
I'm happy we got it done against the Vikings in atrocious conditions. Anyone who thinks our offense will be just as bad this week will be surprised that's for sure. Hawks win this one.

Seahawks: 32

Panthers: 28

chawx

Reaction score
I'm a fan. I don't have to play the game, therefore, I don't have to be humble when I predict the scores.

Seahawks in a blow out.

Seahawks: 38
Panthers: 6

HawkFan72

Reaction score
This could be a good one. And it could go either way. But I think the Hawks surprise some people in Carolina.

Seahawks 24
Panthers 20

My Record to Date: 14-3

jkitsune

Reaction score
francois.nc":3gdmdv80 said:
Aros":3gdmdv80 said:
Aros' Fearless Record: 12-5[/b]

So the Hawks are 11-6 and you are 12-5, seems like you pick the Hawks EVERY game but 1, weird. You are some predictor.

I've had this same thought before (although to be fair to Aros, a few of his predictions were losses this year, including being wrong on the AZ game where he picked us to lose).

At any rate, I'm just excited as hell for Sunday, come what may. This is the toughest matchup possible for us in the playoffs, so if we get through this week, the rest of the way will be more favorable.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Pity the fans with heart issues.
Seahawks 26-Panthers 20 in Overtime.
Wilson long bomb to Lockett to win it.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I think we handle them pretty decisively .. I think next weeks game in Arizona will be the one that shortens everyones collective lives by a year or two.

Seahawks 24
Panthers 10

rideaducati

Reaction score
Carolina has never seen this offense and has never beaten THIS defense. The Seahawk defense at full strength has never lost to Cam Newton and they aren't going to this time either.

Combine our improvements with the Panthers team that has a secondary that is in shambles and even more pedestrian receivers than the Seahawks and you have a rather convincing win for the Seahawks.

Seahawks win 35-13

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
francois.nc":3n9p5t8t said:
Aros":3n9p5t8t said:
Aros' Fearless Record: 12-5

So the Hawks are 11-6 and you are 12-5, seems like you pick the Hawks EVERY game but 1, weird. You are some predictor.

Whoops, my math was off. 11-6. Good catch.

My picks this year:

Seahawks 24 - Rams 20 (L)
Seahawks 24 - Packers 30 (W)
Seahawks 35 - Bears 13 (W)
Seahawks 24 - Lions 20 (W)
Seahawks 13 - Bengals 20 (W)
Seahawks 28 - Panthers 17 (L)
Seahawks 17 - 49ers 20 (L)
Seahawks 28 - Cowboys 20 (W)
Seahawks 27 - Cardinals 23 (L)
Seahawks 34 - 49ers 9 (W)
Seahawks 28 - Steelers 23 (W)
Seahawks 24 - Vikings 21 (W)
Seahawks 34 - Ravens 13 (W)
Seahawks 38 - Browns 13 (W)
Seahawks 24 - Rams 17 (L)
Seahawks 24 - Cardinals 28 (L)
Seahawks 27 - Vikings 17 (W)

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
I really think Seattle is the better team at this point in the season. The losses of Tillman (starter, CB) and Silatolu (starter, LG) are two huge subtractions from the first game. Plus Seattle is only missing Graham really from the first game (who was doing very little at that time) and getting back many starters on defense. Really both teams are different from their first game. Plus there will be no real issue with the weather, so the only new advantage the Panthers will have is their home field and that has been HUGE this season (undefeated). So with all the new wrinkles in this game I can't stop thinking about how Seattle was handling the Panthers the first game, plus I also can't forget how they gave up a bad TD with a bunch of backups in the game at that the end (KPL LB, Williams CB (gone), Tukuafu and Marsh at DT) etc), two big issues that still stick in my head.

SO, if Seattle doesn't turn the ball over more than once I see them winning, but if they turn over the ball 2 or more times I see this being a coin flip at that point, but ill stick with my original thought and go with...

Seattle- 24
Carolina-13

marko358

Reaction score
NorCalSeahawk":cj8lpeet said:
Plus Seattle is only missing Graham really from the first game (who was doing very little at that time)

To be fair, he had a monster game against them. Something like 8 catches for 140 yards.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Errr dammit, looks like I will be the first Debby downer here. I think it will be a defensive slugfest with both offenses struggling throughout, but the Panthers pull away late.

Panthers: 20
Hawks: 17

Hope I'm wrong!

Overseasfan

Reaction score
I have to admit the Panthers look strong. I feel like it'll be a very close game whoever wins. I'm picking Seattle to win though, I feel like we match up pretty well against the Panthers.

Seahawks 24
Panthers 20

tdlabrie

Reaction score
Carolina has the pressure of expectations on them, has had one of the easiest schedules (only four of the teams they beat has a winning record), and, I think, they're kind of under-estimating us. WooHoo! I pick our boys in a tough battle

Seattle 27
Carolina 24

My record-to-date: 13 - 4

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
I feel that this game will be determined on two factors......Special Teams and Turnovers. If Tyler can give us good field position on kick-offs and punt returns, then we have the upper hand. If we have two turnovers, chances of winning are slim.

Never-the-less, I see us winning in a close one.......Hawks 20 Panthers 19

Latest posts