Votes: 8 4.1%
  • Breno Giacomini

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Other - write in

Votes: 12 6.1%

• Total voters

kearly

Reaction score
Players only. Remember, this is asking your favorite, not necessarily the best. I can only nominate six choices, unfortunately, so the last option I left open as a write in.

I voted Sherman. He's so delightfully unique- I sense that there is a strong inner nerd within him despite being the NFL's best corner, and that's not something you see every day. I also find him genuinely nice, humble, fun, and very easy to like. A lot of NFL stars seem distant and elite. Sherman comes across like an old high school friend that somehow made it big. He's an entertainer and it doesn't hurt that he's really damn good at his job. He is a treasure and we are incredibly lucky to have him.

Russell Wilson was my 2nd choice. He's the perfect QB, and perhaps even more than Sherman, he has a gift for winning people over.

Breno Giacomini would be my 3rd choice. When I played OL I wasn't much for talent or athleticism, but I got pretty far because I had a talent for intensity. I see a lot of that in Giacomini, he's just a guy who knows nothing other than playing the game at 110% while striving for 1110%. The opportunity for being intense out of my skull is the thing I miss the most about playing, and watching Giacomini play feels nostalgic.

Marshawn Lynch would be my 4th choice. Like Giacomini, he plays every down like it's his last. He runs like a drunken master and is good for a few plays every game that will make you chuckle as he carries several NFL players extra yards on his back.

Kam Chancellor and Sidney Rice are fun to watch and tend to be consistent. Michael Robinson seems like the salt of the earth and makes great videos. There are a ton of great choices, I'm curious to see where the pulse of .net is on this one.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
In order for me:

1. Wilson
2. Sherman
3. ET
4. Leroy Hill
5. Clemons

Which is wierd because i'm usually more of an offensive guy then a defensive guy. On the 2005 team it would have been Hasselbeck, Alexander, DJack, Big Walt and Leroy Hill.

Harperville

Reaction score
1. Russell Wilson
2. Richard Sherman
3. Kam Chancellor
4. Marshawn Lynch
5. Earl Thomas/Michael Robinson

pinksheets

Reaction score
Tie for me between Wilson and Sherman, funny since the seem such polar opposites. Love the humility and dedication of Wilson, yet love the big mouth and cockiness of Sherman. Need to go out and get my wolf grey Sherm jersey, got a Russ, got an Earl(long-term option since dude has my last name + surprised to not see him as an option). To me Wilson-Sherman-Thomas are the 3 players that identify this team. Love Marshawn, too, just doesn't pack the same long-term punch as the others.

OP
OP
kearly

kearly

Reaction score
Looking like I should have made this a two option poll, lol.

Throwdown

Reaction score
1. Sherman - I love him, I LOVE HIM TO DEATH. I love the athletes that come to Seattle and put on, and talk and the talk while walking the walk, this is why Gary Payton is my favorite Seattle athlete of all time, and why Sherman's my favorite Hawk.
2. Wilson - c'mon!
3. Chancellor - Boom
4. Thomas - Dudes just great
5. Wagner - talk about underrated.

olyfan63

Reaction score
1. Wilson - 'nuff said.
2. Sherman - More for his play than theatrics, but both are fantastic.
3. Tate - the dude simply makes key plays. Not the best interview, but has that knack. Wail Mary one week and the Sean Lee blowup block right after. Caught key TD against Patriots, 2 TD's against Packers.
4. Clemons - Love the way the guy brings it all the time and makes key plays.
5. Lynch - 'nuff said.

... And the list could go on and on!
Wagner, MRob, ET, Sweezy, Bryant, KJ, Browner, ...

Oh yeah, once again Tate had a game-saving play against the Rams... Wilson's long pass had been picked by his defender in the end zone, but Tate stuck his hand in there as a defender, and ripped the ball out for an incompletion. Seahawks go on to score a TD on that drive. Without Tate's great not-on-the-stat-sheet play, we are looking at OT or even a loss.

Seahawkscrazy

Reaction score
Man....I voted Sherman, but really it's a pick 'em with him , Russell, Lynch, and Kam. I love all of them for different reasons...I'm shocked that Kam hasn't gotten any votes yet!

Bromers

Reaction score
ZACH MILLER! Has been great at blocking this season and can always be relied upon to make catches.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
Sherman is just so damn hated by every other fan base. I love that.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
I voted for Marshawn. More because I feel like he has managed to become underappreciated amongst Seahawk fans than anything else; I wanted to show him some love. Sherman and Wilson are awesome too obviously.

NYCoug

Reaction score
I voted for Russell. He's quickly becoming my favorite athlete of ALL-TIME. And that's coming from a 25 year old who theoretically shouldn't still be enamored with his favorite athletes, but I digress.

1. Russell Wilson
2. Brandon Browner
3. Marshawn Lynch
4. Richard Sherman
5. Red Bryant

That was a tough list to come up with and it hurts me to leave some of my other favorites off the list. Bottom line is, this team saved my passion for football. I had grown tired of the "New" NFL favoring the passing game, ticky tack calls, countless money grabs, and the "player safety" angle. This team plays the game the old school way and I love that. I love that I can root for a team like this. I'm in heaven.

Go Hawks!

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
1. 3 way tie. Wilson/Sherman/Tate - I can't pick.
2. Lynch/Robinson
3. Leon
4. ET/Kam
5. Rice/Browner/Red

nsport

Reaction score
We need a "all those guys" option. Because I want to make babies with each of them.

Latest posts