Where Have You Stood on Bevell?

Before the Rams Game...Where Have You Stood on Bevell?

• I've always thought he was a great OC for us.

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • I've always thought he was an average OC for us.

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • I've always thought he was a bad OC for us.

Votes: 33 24.8%
  • I've never been able to make up my mind with him, win or lose.

Votes: 47 35.3%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Feel free to expand on your selections of course...

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
He runs on both ends for me. He's either fantastic or you wonder what the hell he was thinking.

TriCHawk

Reaction score
I think he's ok, but some of his playcalling is mind blowing at times. For me it's hard to say one way or another without having a different OC working with the current group to compare him to. I think how he utilizes Harvin will be telling.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
already learned long ago that I'm not going to like every call we make nor am I any better equipped to have a professional opinion about a sport I havent' played since high school than pretty much any other fan.

OrFan

Reaction score
He has been good, he has been bad. Average.

Find me one forum where after bad games or questionable decisions were made, that at least half of the fan base wasn't calling for the oc's head on a platter.

Mojambo

Reaction score
Easy scapegoat for people who have a hard time seeing the full picture.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
As long as there are offensive coordinators in football, there will be people questioning his calls and demanding his head.

The results of this poll will be skewed because we're coming off a poor offensive performance that was affected significantly by injury. All I care about is Ws and Ls. I'm happy with the staff as a whole as long as the Ws keep flowing in.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I have no idea whether he is a good OC or not. He completely sucked last game.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I had no problems with him until around halfway through last year. We had personnel problems on offense, to put it mildly, before the arrival of one DangeRuss Wilson. I didn't like much of what we were doing in terms of offensive play calling early on last year, but we had a rookie QB, a great running game, and a great defense; I understood that we were easing him into the pro game. As much as I didn't like it, I did like it, because a lot of QBs get ruined or their development gets delayed because coaches and coordinators give them too much, too quickly.

However, once we started opening up the play book more, I started liking Bevell less and less. Two runs in a row between the A gaps and then a pass just to fail to get a 1st down drove me nuts. I've disliked him basically since the midway point of last year, or within a couple games after that. He showed a bit of promise intermittently in the two games prior to St. Louis this year, but then he called an abysmal game in St. Louis.

I want him gone, but I wasn't a "hater" until approximately one calendar year ago.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
I figure him to be average. It should be noted that talent and improvisation can only make up for so many mis-calls; injuries not withstanding. If he gets Russell hurt, he will join the likes of Behring in my book. FIX this oline or work around it for chrissakes.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
What absolutely kills me is that he is capable of ingenuity. His changes in play calling as the game went on in Washington and Atlanta in the playoffs last year were great.

WHERE IS THAT BRILLIANT CHANGE?!?!

Maybe he's bipolar in real life?

Largent80

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2c1cctip said:
What absolutely kills me is that he is capable of ingenuity. His changes in play calling as the game went on in Washington and Atlanta in the playoffs last year were great.

WHERE IS THAT BRILLIANT CHANGE?!?!

Maybe he's bipolar in real life?

Definitely inconsistent at making proper changes, but that's just my opinion.

86Hawk

Reaction score
The game in Atlanta last year it just wasn't working. That fourth quarter was brilliant though. I think we win that game if we changed our gameplan earlier. That's when I first really started to wonder.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I'm curious to see how this poll shapes up. Bevell deserves credit for a lot of stuff--he also makes some head scratching decisions.

calihawk

Reaction score
I believe if Wilson didn't make plays out of nothing we would be 3 and 5 and the oc would be gone .

When he does make changes during a game 20 plus points are scored before he wakes up and does it.