MY THREE PENNIES

THE TABS

Reaction score
As a life long Seahawk fan, I can't begin to explain just how enjoyable a season 2013 has turned out to be. Watching this team play week in and week out, it's been so fun to watch. After 37 years, I truly believe that the organization has finally gotten it right. For the first time, the football operations side of the house is among the best in the league. On the field and on the sideline, we've got the right mix. We've got youth, strength, size, speed, and knowledge, but most important of all, we're great at the one position where it all comes together; the quarterback position. I don't think it's a coincidence that when we FINALLY got our personnel department in order, was when we were finally able to identify, draft, AND develop a legitimate FRANCHISE quarterback in Russell Wilson. We have the best of both worlds; we are developing a great young quarterback without sacrificing on-field success, just like Pittsburgh did with Big Ben. It feels sweet.

When you look at the overall makeup of this team, you see a specific mindset that was part of the evaluation process for these players. You see players that had the ability to be great, but their path wasn't as smooth as they figured it would be. Wilson was too short, Richard Sherman was a hothead, Golden Tate was too slow, Bruce Irvin didn't have a position, Marshawn Lynch couldn't stay out of trouble, Doug Baldwin and a bunch of others were undrafted, and so on. These guys were CHALLENGED, and they responded exactly how the powers that be hoped, through teaching, and competition. It is truly a wonderful thing to behold, from our perspective.

I still think back to the Super Bowl eight years ago, comparing that team to this one, and how different the two teams are. The '05 team went 13-3, but really, I had my doubts as to how good that team really was. It wasn't very well built, and it took advantage of having no real competition in the division, or the conference. They had a relatively easy time getting to the championship, and low and behold, they get the #6 seed Steelers, instead of Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. That was our year, and unfortunately, they couldn't finish the job. Yes, the officiating played a major role in the outcome, but when the chips were down, nobody responded.

Eight years later, I have no such worries about this team. They've got it where it counts. In the past, on game day, I'd be a nervous wreck, wondering what Seahawk team would show up that day. Not now, not anymore. I have no reason to worry, because I know this team is ELITE. They wouldn't have it any other way, and that's what the world will see tomorrow.

Now, my thoughts on the match up.

Denver is what it is; an ELITE offense with a MEDIOCRE defense. All the noise about Peyton Manning's legacy aside, he has absolutely nothing to prove. He's one of the best EVER, win or lose tomorrow. He's had the single greatest season by a quarterback in league history, period. i believe, no quarterback in league history is more directly responsible for his team's success than Manning. I have nothing but praise for him.

HOWEVER...the Broncos have not faced a truly elite defense all season, let along one as physical as ours. A lot of people like to compare this match up to the Rams-Patriots Super Bowl back in '02, but to be honest, this reminds me of Bills-Cowboys. You have a no-huddle finesse offense going up against a defense that is bigger, faster, stronger, and also DEEP at every position. We have big corners in Sherman and Byron Maxwell that will contain Demarius Thomas, and we have FIVE guys that can completely shut down Julius Thomas, just like we did to Vernon Davis (three times) and Jimmy Graham (twice). The greatest strength of this defense is it's adaptability, just like the Dallas Cowboys from 20 years ago.

Having said all that, Manning will NOT decide this game; Wilson will decide this game. Our offense has hibernated for the last two months, and it's mostly due to the fact that they've been facing some of the best defenses in the league. Meanwhile, the Bronco defense doesn't scare me at all. Their best playmaker, Von Miller, is out, and this is the team that they need him the most. They have nobody that can account for Wilson's scrambling ability, nor do they have a top-shelf pass-rusher that can collapse the pocket. San Diego provided the blueprint for how to beat them; pound the rock and feature play-action, which plays right to our greatest offensive strength.

Perhaps this is wishful-thinking on my part, but the REAL X-factor in this game is Percy Harvin. It's been a lost season for him due to injury, only having played two games all season, but he's 100 percent now. Even if he doesn't catch a single ball, Denver still has to account for him, which will loosen things up for Tate and Baldwin. Again, in the wishful-thinking department, this is the game that could very well determine whether Darrell Bevell becomes a future head-coach. Although I understand that you must play to your strengths (great defense, great running game, don't turn the ball over), we MUST unleash Wilson, for two big reasons. One, the Bronco defense is vulnerable, and there are big plays to be had against them, and two, this is the one game that you absolutely, positively CANNOT settle for field goals; we MUST get touchdowns in the red zone!

I'm sure you've all figured out by now where I'm leaning on my game prediction. Bottom line; we are just too strong across the board for these guys. I will be SHOCKED if we don't win this game, and I believe that we will. Seahawks 38, Broncos 24. Game MVP goes to Lynch.

BOLD PREDICTION: Harvin runs back a kick for a TD.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
THE TABS":12btn3xq said:
we are just too strong across the board for these guys. I will be SHOCKED if we don't win this game, and I believe that we will. Seahawks 38, Broncos 24. Game MVP goes to Lynch.

BOLD PREDICTION: Harvin runs back a kick for a TD.

Got that right Boss!!!!! :thirishdrinkers:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Who covers NoshOn? We can get to manning but we have to take away his quick read options.