Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seahawks at Niners 11/11...

Discuss any and all NFL-related topics. Ex-Seahawks fall into NFL topics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Seahawks at Niners 11/11...
Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:59 pm
  • Fade wrote:pic

Posted in this very thread yesterday, lol.

Here's a new one:

RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:11 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:But I'm in Seattle. All we have here is Rain, Sushi, Coffee, Grunge and Computers.

And Díck's. We have bags of Díck's too.

Chapow
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:49 pm
  • Fade
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:06 pm
  • Fade wrote:

Like I wasnt nervous enough for this game. Thanks Fade lol
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:14 pm
  • rlkats wrote:
    Fade wrote:

Like I wasnt nervous enough for this game. Thanks Fade lol

TB is 2-6
    Atlanta is 1-7

Not worried
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:24 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm so glad I have the pleasure of a 49ers fan spending all his time on a HAWKS site. You have NO clue what you are talking about. But keep acting like you do. They haven't missed a sellout in well over a decade.

You guys spend every day on a HAWKS site. How pathetic.

:lol:

Bro...Levi's Stadium has been sold out since the day it opened.

That don't mean they are all Niner fans or that they all show up.

A sellout, according to Niner fans:

Lots of fans disguised as empty seats in those pictures though I’m sure the Niner trolls will object and tell us not to believe our lying eyes.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:29 pm
  • Fade wrote:

How did that Ravens game go?
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:41 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm so glad I have the pleasure of a 49ers fan spending all his time on a HAWKS site. You have NO clue what you are talking about. But keep acting like you do. They haven't missed a sellout in well over a decade.

Lots of fans disguised as empty seats in those pictures though I’m sure the Niner trolls will object and tell us not to believe our lying eyes.

Have you been to Levi?
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:47 pm
  • NINEster wrote:
    Fade wrote:

Washington49er wrote:TB is 2-6
    Atlanta is 1-7

Not worried

Read comp. fail. :drool:

Then 49ers play zone. Not man.

Baltimore, TB, ATL, played man.

Look at the zone numbers again.

"The 49ers play zone at the 3rd highest rate."

61% success @ 9.3 YPA. :D
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:49 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:But I'm in Seattle. All we have here is Rain, Sushi, Coffee, Grunge and Computers.

Epic mountains.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:50 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

49ers fans are more of a national fanbase. There are probably more 49er fans in Seattle than Santa Clara.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:52 pm
  • 5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

49ers fans are more of a national fanbase. There are probably more 49er fans in Seattle than Santa Clara.

"We're really SUPER popular, that's why we don't sell out."

Jesus Christ.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:01 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    NINEster wrote:
    Fade wrote:

Atlanta is 1-7

Not worried

Are you trying to convince me or yourself?

Still not worried, but it sounds like you are.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:03 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

Jesus Christ.

Yeah, that’s a reach, even for 5 rusty rings.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:04 pm
  • Washington49er wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    NINEster wrote:
    Fade wrote:

Atlanta is 1-7

Not worried

Doesn't change the fact that your reading comprehension sucks.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 8:14 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Washington49er wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    NINEster wrote:

Atlanta is 1-7

Not worried

Doesn't change the fact that your reading comprehension sucks.

No my reading comprehension is just fine. You two are just trying way too hard. I don't care what the numbers say, it will all be figured out on Monday night

Numbers mean nada, how many passing yrds did TB have? Loss.

Atlanta, wasn't it like over 400 passing yrds? Loss

You all care so much about numbers, it means nothing if you lose. RW numbers will probably be some of the best, if not the best in the league. If the Hawks don't make the playoffs would you still say he's a MVP candidate?
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:22 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:And even if the game was in Seattle, I'd still be plenty nervous. They have a shot IF they play their best game of the year. Just like the Niners will have a shot in Seattle if they do the same.

I think the 49ers reasonably should beat the Seahawks handily if you were symply to break down the numbers on the individual opposing units.

The problem is that games aren't played that way. Wilson is a HUGE X-Factor and has it in his ability to defy rankings.

It doesn't matter that the 49ers are on a historic pace for Pass D. Thats Wilson over there. 22TDs, 1 INT, leader for MVP.

I've been burned by that guy WAY, WAY too often to underestimate him.

Burned by him WAY, WAY too often by that guy when we had a significantly inferior team and/or when they had the LOB. Now we have the superior defense.

All they have is him. Legion of Boom is gone and they barely beat average to below average teams this year. I think they lose to Carolina next week as well.

I expect a convincing win on Monday. And I'm not alone. 49ers have a right to have a swag right now. Let's see if the Hawks can humble us. Highly doubtful but we will see. Until they do, I will remain cocky based on our performances on the field this year relative to what Seattle has done. We are playing for the division and home field advantage and will be focused on 11 days rest against Sherman's old team. I expect a high level of play from our defense.

Only fear I have is a Jimmy WTF pick six or if Dre Greenlaw will be able to hold up in coverage in replacing Alexander. If he plays like sh** allowing 3rd down conversions, then the game will be a lot closer than I am anticipating. Kwon Alexander was an important piece in terms of coverage. This is nullified if the DLine does what it does.

Can't wait for Monday night.
    Last edited by Ezekiel38 on Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:26 pm
  • ....this is why we can't have nice things.

So....

Zone/Man....Wilson is good. I wouldn't draw too much from those numbers. The 49ers allow 138.1 yards per game, 6 yards per pass play, 7 TDs and 10 INTs and a passer rating of 65.7. Wilsons numbers are astronomical. So which wins out?

The 49ers haven't faced a QB like Wilson and Wilson hasn't faced a D like the 49ers. Quote all the numbers you want....that's why they play the games.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:59 pm
  • Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:And even if the game was in Seattle, I'd still be plenty nervous. They have a shot IF they play their best game of the year. Just like the Niners will have a shot in Seattle if they do the same.

I think the 49ers reasonably should beat the Seahawks handily if you were symply to break down the numbers on the individual opposing units.

The problem is that games aren't played that way. Wilson is a HUGE X-Factor and has it in his ability to defy rankings.

It doesn't matter that the 49ers are on a historic pace for Pass D. Thats Wilson over there. 22TDs, 1 INT, leader for MVP.

Burned by him WAY, WAY too often by that guy when we had a significantly inferior team and/or when they had the LOB. Now we have the superior defense.

All they have is him. Legion of Boom is gone and they barely beat average to below average teams this year. I think they lose to Carolina next week as well.

I expect a convincing win on Monday. And I'm not alone. 49ers have a right to have a swag right now. Let's see if the Hawks can humble us. Highly doubtful but we will see. Until they do, I will remain cocky based on our performances on the field this year relative to what Seattle has done. We are playing for the division and home field advantage and will be focused on 11 days rest against Sherman's old team. I expect a high level of play from our defense.

Only fear I have is a Jimmy WTF pick six or if Dre Greenlaw will be able to hold up in coverage in replacing Alexander. If he plays like sh** allowing 3rd down conversions, then the game will be a lot closer than I am anticipating. Kwon Alexander was an important piece in terms of coverage. This is nullified if the DLine does what it does.

I hope the 49ers underestimate Wilson as much as you do.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:21 pm
  • Maulbert wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

I underestimate YOUR TEAM. Not Russell Wilson. Same reason why I'm not concerned at all about Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. They, AS A TEAM, are inferior.
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:14 am
  • Seriously getting sick of all these “Hawks” fans kissing these 49ers fans asses.
    They’re garbage. Jimmy G ain’t $h!t, Wilson wipes his ass with Garrapolo. Stop kissing their asses on your own message board. Go to webzone and see the garbage they’re spewing about us, screw San Fran and all their weak ass fans.
    tifferradish
    NET Rookie

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:02 am
  • Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Well Mr. I just walked in the door, where were you before 8 - 0, 7 - 2 is so inferior, yes we will see how things work out, but with all due respect to Marvin and 5 Rings and even Ninester, you are exactly the type of fan that makes people cringe to see people suddenly wear red and gold, followed closely by Washington49er who just wants to stir $h!t up regardless.

Considering your toughest opponent has been the Rams and unlike the 49ers we have played the Saints and the Ravens which are 6 - 2 and the Saints 7 - 1 there is actually no room to talk, 49ers have a offensive coach who wants to score and we have always played defensive football with closer scores. You can look that up but we won't wait for it, your attention span wouldn't be long enough to look at it all.

We don't expect to blow the doors off the 49ers, we mostly respect the 49ers and only really Question Garoppolo as a legitimate franchise guy still. That's the difference here.

Last time we had this type of fandom come in here it didn't work out so well, really it was just the TIP of the downfall going forward.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:23 am
  • tifferradish wrote:Seriously getting sick of all these “Hawks” fans kissing these 49ers fans asses.
    They’re garbage. Jimmy G ain’t $h!t, Wilson wipes his ass with Garrapolo. Stop kissing their asses on your own message board. Go to webzone and see the garbage they’re spewing about us, screw San Fran and all their weak ass fans.

Wow emotional much?

No one is kissing our "asses". Everyone is debating football. That's what fans do. Why is that so offensive to you?

Hawks are a great team and Wilson makes them better. Realistically this will be a tough game. Chill pal.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:42 am
  • Let's see... Gameplan

Single High Safety looks with Blair, and finally unleash the beasts upfront
    Which receiver is Sherman going to worry about? We've got more than Lockett this season. A LOT more
    Carson can crush your soul (hopefully he holds the ball)
    Russell Wilson is the king of the darkness and it's MNF game

I'm expecting a good close game, but I'm hoping Clowney, B-Wagz and Russ CRUSH THEIR SOULS.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:09 am
  • Actually, many Hawks fans ARE kissing their asses and crowning them. And yes, it does get old.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:14 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Actually, many Hawks fans ARE kissing their asses and crowning them. And yes, it does get old.

To hell with the Whiners and Sherm.
    Sox-n-Hawks
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:35 am
  • Accurate ^^
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:06 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Well Mr. I just walked in the door, where were you before 8 - 0, 7 - 2 is so inferior, yes we will see how things work out, but with all due respect to Marvin and 5 Rings and even Ninester, you are exactly the type of fan that makes people cringe to see people suddenly wear red and gold, followed closely by Washington49er who just wants to stir $h!t up regardless.

Considering your toughest opponent has been the Rams and unlike the 49ers we have played the Saints and the Ravens which are 6 - 2 and the Saints 7 - 1 there is actually no room to talk, 49ers have a offensive coach who wants to score and we have always played defensive football with closer scores. You can look that up but we won't wait for it, your attention span wouldn't be long enough to look at it all.

We don't expect to blow the doors off the 49ers, we mostly respect the 49ers and only really Question Garoppolo as a legitimate franchise guy still. That's the difference here.

Last time we had this type of fandom come in here it didn't work out so well, really it was just the TIP of the downfall going forward.

Thanks for the nod. But if you think about it, I'm simply the 49er fan version of Sportshernia.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:09 am
  • tifferradish wrote:Seriously getting sick of all these “Hawks” fans kissing these 49ers fans asses.

Try this
    s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg (25.99 KiB) Viewed 316 times
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:14 am
  • Maulbert wrote:
    5_Golden_Rings wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:

Jesus Christ.

Nice twisting of what I said. What was I comparing the baseline to? Santa Clara. The wine and cheese elite don’t really care about sports. The tickets are already bought and paid for, but by who? Rich turds who thought the licenses were a wise financial investment, or a good social investment status, not fans. That is why they pay the money and either don’t show up or hang out in the comfortable restaurants areas. Where this Candlstick and the home of the cholos, you wouldn’t see this.
    Last edited by 5_Golden_Rings on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
    5_Golden_Rings
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:14 am
  • Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

I underestimate YOUR TEAM. Not Russell Wilson. Same reason why I'm not concerned at all about Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. They, AS A TEAM, are inferior.

We'll see on 11/24 just how we match up. Then we will most likely see you again in the same venue in the playoffs.

Considering your attendance records, there might be more Packer fans there than 9er fans. :)
    PackerNation
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:15 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Actually, many Hawks fans ARE kissing their asses and crowning them. And yes, it does get old.

Sorry I take it as I give it. Mutual respect. I dont take it as ass kissing.
    rlkats
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:55 am
  • Respect is one thing, crowning them is another. People have been acting scared of these guys for weeks. It's gross.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:06 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Respect is one thing, crowning them is another. People have been acting scared of these guys for weeks. It's gross.

I guess to me its more like when Seattle fans show the same respect Niner fans (not all obviously) show to the Seahawks in this forum, its viewed as "crowning them".

No biggy. To be expected.

I'm just not given to predictive statements in general. I feel good about the Niners chances, Particularly Niner O vs Seahawk D, but Wilson always scares me. Rodgers is the same way.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:28 am
  • Niners are a damn good team. And SOME of the fans who come on here are solid contributors.
    I just get sick of all the worship, and I can't stand the Niners. It's never going to change. I'm not claiming they are not a solid team. It's WAY too early to call them Super Bowl bound like so many media and fans are doing.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:32 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Where was I before 8-0? Assessing my team. It's not just about 7-2...it's about how that 7-2 looks when watching the games. Barely beating marginal teams at home or on the road, the defense looking poor, and the MVP balling out and bailing out the team. The Seahawks 7-2 is inferior to, and not the same as, the Ravens 6-2 from watching both teams. If you asked any fan or player etc, who would they say they would fear more to play out of the two? The Ravens by far. Clearly.

I make people cringe because I have a swagger about the 49ers this year and not afraid to say bluntly say so? Not going to sugar coat how average your team has looked in achieving its 7-2 record just because I'm on a Seahawks board. If I were a Hawk fan I'd openly acknowledge how average they have been while praising how RW has been anything but average and covering over the deficiencies of the team with MVP caliber play.

Our toughest opponent has been the Rams and Panthers. We dominated both convincingly. We both have brutal schedules the last half of the season; will the 49ers be exposed/humbled like the Pats just were? Likely. But from what I've seen it won't be by the Seahawks despite the greatness of Russell Wilson. However, this is a division game and these are usually hard fought, close games.

Garoppolo has demonstrated consistently he is clutch at end of games and on 3rd downs. So I am optimistic he has the "it" factor that RW has despite his patented WTF Jimmy throw per game in less important times during the game. He obv needs to prove he has "it" in the playoffs and that he can do what he did to the Cardinals and win the game by himself. He is a franchise guy that has one season worth of starts and still developing. I am excited to see how he performs these last eight games.

And my coming in here has nothing to do with the future outcomes for the 49ers. Jimmy >>> Kap and Shanahan >>>> Harbaugh.

I like to stir things up. You know your team is not near as good as the 7-2 record suggests, and certainly far inferior to your teams from the recent past when you had the LOB. And I know this 49ers team has a legit defense and run game that can travel in the playoffs if we have to go on the road and is a recipe for playoff success. My guess is we go 13-3 at worst with the game at New Orleans deciding the #1 seed.

If the Seahawks prevail Monday night I will be the first to come on here in this thread and offer congratulations for a job well done. If you do win, it would make for an exciting stretch run for the NFC West crown. If you lose, the NFC West is a wrap. My only hope is that there isn't a terrible ref call that decides the game for either team.

Score prediction: 49ers 34, Seahawks 20
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:33 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Niners are a damn good team. And SOME of the fans who come on here are solid contributors.
    I just get sick of all the worship, and I can't stand the Niners. It's never going to change. I'm not claiming they are not a solid team. It's WAY too early to call them Super Bowl bound like so many media and fans are doing.

I mean this sincerely, what worship? So far I see excitement about how the 9ers are doing, maybe a little smack but no more than what we've been exposed to.

As far as the media, I am seeing and hearing the opposite. Most are still doubters.
    Washington49er
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:41 am
  • National media has crowned them. Many Seahawks fans have been basically doing the same. As if we are going up against the greatest team of all time. It just gets really old. Fortunately, the remote can always turn it off. Along with the radio dial during their love fest for the future Super Bowl Champion Niners.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:44 am
  • PackerNation wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Maulbert wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:

We'll see on 11/24 just how we match up. Then we will most likely see you again in the same venue in the playoffs.

Considering your attendance records, there might be more Packer fans there than 9er fans. :)

We will see on 11/24. I wasn't afraid of the Packers before this past weekend, and even less afraid now after that performance against the Chargers.

And just like the Chargers, we can get to Rodgers with 4. Just like the Chargers, we have two beast edge rushers. Rodgers will be ineffective. The Packers 7-1 record was a mirage, same as the Seahawks 7-2 record will prove to be. GB was literally handed that game against Detroit by three egregious ref calls in the 4th quarter. Packers are a 6-3 team as far as I'm concerned.

And yes we may see you again in the playoffs in SF. The odds heavily favor a 49ers vs Saints NFC Championship game.
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:47 am
  • I'm not even sure why they should play this game next Monday. I mean, the Hawks clearly have no shot and have already lost. And the Niners schedule has been so tough, they clearly are the best 8-0 team in the history of the NFL.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:49 am
  • Ezekiel38 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:

Where was I before 8-0? Assessing my team. It's not just about 7-2...it's about how that 7-2 looks when watching the games. Barely beating marginal teams at home or on the road, the defense looking poor, and the MVP balling out and bailing out the team. The Seahawks 7-2 is inferior to, and not the same as, the Ravens 6-2 from watching both teams. If you asked any fan or player etc, who would they say they would fear more to play out of the two? The Ravens by far. Clearly.

I make people cringe because I have a swagger about the 49ers this year and not afraid to say bluntly say so? Not going to sugar coat how average your team has looked in achieving its 7-2 record just because I'm on a Seahawks board. If I were a Hawk fan I'd openly acknowledge how average they have been while praising how RW has been anything but average and covering over the deficiencies of the team with MVP caliber play.

Our toughest opponent has been the Rams and Panthers. We dominated both convincingly. We both have brutal schedules the last half of the season; will the 49ers be exposed/humbled like the Pats just were? Likely. But from what I've seen it won't be by the Seahawks despite the greatness of Russell Wilson. However, this is a division game and these are usually hard fought, close games.

Garoppolo has demonstrated consistently he is clutch at end of games and on 3rd downs. So I am optimistic he has the "it" factor that RW has despite his patented WTF Jimmy throw per game in less important times during the game. He obv needs to prove he has "it" in the playoffs and that he can do what he did to the Cardinals and win the game by himself. He is a franchise guy that has one season worth of starts and still developing. I am excited to see how he performs these last eight games.

And my coming in here has nothing to do with the future outcomes for the 49ers. Jimmy >>> Kap and Shanahan >>>> Harbaugh.

I like to stir things up. You know your team is not near as good as the 7-2 record suggests, and certainly far inferior to your teams from the recent past when you had the LOB. And I know this 49ers team has a legit defense and run game that can travel in the playoffs if we have to go on the road and is a recipe for playoff success. My guess is we go 13-3 at worst with the game at New Orleans deciding the #1 seed.

If the Seahawks prevail Monday night I will be the first to come on here in this thread and offer congratulations for a job well done. If you do win, it would make for an exciting stretch run for the NFC West crown. If you lose, the NFC West is a wrap. My only hope is that there isn't a terrible ref call that decides the game for either team.

I think the point he is making is that several Niner fans in this forum have been here for years and were here when the team sucked hard.

Now some fans are popping up for the first time when the team is good and they have something to say. IE, kinda like if yer gonna talk a when you are good, ya gotta be here when its bad.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:53 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:National media has crowned them. Many Seahawks fans have been basically doing the same. As if we are going up against the greatest team of all time. It just gets really old. Fortunately, the remote can always turn it off. Along with the radio dial during their love fest for the future Super Bowl Champion Niners.

As arrogant as I am right now about the 49ers based on the level of play so far this season, I am not crowning the 49ers as Super Bowl champions.

That would be dumb. The Saints are the biggest roadblock in the NFC and with Brees and their defense they could certainly beat the 49ers, same as we could beat them.

The Pats are still there, the Ravens, the Chiefs...in the AFC. All three of these teams would be difficult to beat in the SB if the 49ers are fortunate enough to make it.

We are not the greatest team of all time...no 49ers fan thinks so. We can just see that we are among the NFL's elite so far THIS YEAR, and that we have a chance to go all the way. We could def lose in the playoffs esp if we have to go to New Orleans. They may be better than us and I'm very excited to see how we match up against them next month in New Orleans.
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:National media has crowned them. Many Seahawks fans have been basically doing the same. As if we are going up against the greatest team of all time. It just gets really old. Fortunately, the remote can always turn it off. Along with the radio dial during their love fest for the future Super Bowl Champion Niners.

The bolded is funny to me. :) Perception can be a funny thing dependant on which side of the conversation you find yourself on.

You see it as Media has crowned them. I see it as SOOO many disrespecting them...."Will Jimmy G hold them back?". Peter King Yesterday, "WIll SF rethink the QB position next year when Cousins might be available".

Saints are 7-1 and +39 in point differential. 49ers are 8-0 and +133 in point differential. Despite that, all I read all day is "Well the Saints are clearly the best team in the NFC". Yup...Saints didn't have Brees. That's impressive. So is missing both Tackles, your Pro Bowl FB and a starting Corner. Saint may be the best, but it seems like to many its a forgone conclusion.

I dunno whats gonna happen here in the next few games, but all I see is people doing the "yeah but" excuse all day long RE the 49ers.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:04 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:

I think the point he is making is that several Niner fans in this forum have been here for years and were here when the team sucked hard.

Now some fans are popping up for the first time when the team is good and they have something to say. IE, kinda like if yer gonna talk a when you are good, ya gotta be here when its bad.

In my defense, I’ve been here for years. This site however, would never accept my gmail address until this year.
    Stanley
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:16 am
  • Stanley wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    Ezekiel38 wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

In my defense, I’ve been here for years. This site however, would never accept my gmail address until this year.

Pictures or it didn't happen :)
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:18 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:I'm not even sure why they should play this game next Monday. I mean, the Hawks clearly have no shot and have already lost. And the Niners schedule has been so tough, they clearly are the best 8-0 team in the history of the NFL.

Obv the Seahawks have a shot. It's the NFL. But based on what we have all seen thus far, the Niners are the better team. We still have to be the better team on Monday night and prove it.

Our schedule has not been very tough. But for not being very tough, we have a large point differential. The Niners could prove to not be as good as advertised. These last eight games will illuminate for better or for worse if the Niners are as good as many think. If Jimmy plays like he did against AZ when we need him to play that way then we will be difficult to beat. Most games we don't need him to carry the team. Last week we did and he came through as he has consistently done since that stretch of 5 games in 2017. Emmanuel Sanders was a huge addition and we prob lose that game without him.

And no, we aren't the best 8-0 team in the history of the NFL. We have played impressively THUS FAR and along with a handful of teams (Saints, Pats, Ravens, Chiefs) SEEM to be a legit threat to win the Super Bowl this year if we continue this level of play. If we get the #1 seed it likely means we beat the Saints next month in NO and there is no reason to think we won't be playing in the NFC Championship game (likely against the Saints again) and the favorite to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. By no means is any of that certain. But so far the Niners look to be the real deal if JG plays at a high level when he is needed.

Niners fans have good reason to feel very confident about this game and the possibilities this season.
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:22 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:National media has crowned them. Many Seahawks fans have been basically doing the same. As if we are going up against the greatest team of all time. It just gets really old. Fortunately, the remote can always turn it off. Along with the radio dial during their love fest for the future Super Bowl Champion Niners.

The bolded is funny to me. :) Perception can be a funny thing dependant on which side of the conversation you find yourself on.

You see it as Media has crowned them. I see it as SOOO many disrespecting them...."Will Jimmy G hold them back?". Peter King Yesterday, "WIll SF rethink the QB position next year when Cousins might be available".

Saints are 7-1 and +39 in point differential. 49ers are 8-0 and +133 in point differential. Despite that, all I read all day is "Well the Saints are clearly the best team in the NFC". Yup...Saints didn't have Brees. That's impressive. So is missing both Tackles, your Pro Bowl FB and a starting Corner. Saint may be the best, but it seems like to many its a forgone conclusion.

I dunno whats gonna happen here in the next few games, but all I see is people doing the "yeah but" excuse all day long RE the 49ers.

This. All of this.
    Ezekiel38
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:35 am
  • The home field will likely be the difference. Finally there will actually be fans in their seats. Mind.....blown
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:40 am
  • Ezekiel38 wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:National media has crowned them. Many Seahawks fans have been basically doing the same. As if we are going up against the greatest team of all time. It just gets really old. Fortunately, the remote can always turn it off. Along with the radio dial during their love fest for the future Super Bowl Champion Niners.

This. All of this.

The latest was yesterday...conversation with Michael A Smith (I want to break his face every time he says P0rnstar Jimmy...get over it).

Its like, "oh, and more than any team the Saints deserve it after the last few years".

G.T.F.O. That ain't how this works. Ya know how many game I want back? Robbed of perfect Season in 84. Robbed of Super Bowl appearance in 83. I still think Crabtree was held in SB vs Ravens. Hell, Seahawks got jobbed BAD out of 1st SB win vs Steelers.

Get outta here with that. You had a miracle play you didn't defend and a bad call. You also had a DC putting bounties out on players.

This is the NFL.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:13 pm
  • He calls him P0rnstar Jimmy? Is he in 3rd grade?
    Bottom line, I would love to look like that dude. Jimmy G is doing just fine :roll:
    Go Hawks

Actually, the Saints literally had the Super Bowl taken away from them on the worst non-call in the history of the NFL. They have plenty of room to complain. The Rams had no business being in the Super Bowl.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 6:20 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ NFL NATION ]

Information