They are not gonna play against the Jaguars that way

hawker84

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":znh9mpvk said:
I saw the Jags play in London, if we lose this game its time to give up.

All do respect, that time came a few weeks ago when Wilson went down. Geno, Pete and Norton are exactly who we thought they were....

Tokadub

Reaction score
mistaowen":3vjtl6vn said:
It’s abundantly clear Geno is not an NFL QB anymore.

Geno was never a good NFL QB?

What do you mean ANYMORE?

NCJag79

Reaction score
That first question is hard to answer: You read a lot of local reports saying the team has quit/has no respect for him....but then on the GW FG against Miami, you had Lawrence standing on the sideline with his arm around Meyer. A LOT of his former players actively WANT to come play for him. Same with Cullen on the defensive side. I don't think they believe he's a joke, per se...but his style takes some getting used to.

2. Yes. That is the one thing that is driving us absolutely CRAZY right now. Perfect example: first and goal against TENN. You have James Robinson, the guy averaging EIGHT YARDS A CARRY....and you pull him out, and give it to Carlos Hyde who games nothing. Including going for it on 4th down, that series went back NEGATIVE yards and got no points. The game was a competition at that point, but after that....it went downhill fast. It's changing week to week though. We picked up a TE (Dan Arnold) from the Panthers and i'm expecting him to get more involved in the RZ as he picks up the offense. Bevell is also learning to trust Robinson more. Which is good. He's a stud and needs to be fed.

3. Easy question: Trevor is LEGIT. He's the goods. His eyes are always scanning, always moving, and he has escapability/mobility in the pocket. He throws receives open, and every week he's making a throw that a rookie QB should NOT be making. I haven't seem him get crushed yet, because he's sneaky mobile but he's not afraid. The team has his back too. They know they will live and die with him. His first three weeks he was testing the waters on what he could do in regards to throwing to receivers and some interceptions happened, but the past 3 weeks he's only thrown one, and that was with like :02 seconds left in the game. Given the turnover machines we've had over the past decade between Bortles and Gabbert....it's a revelation.

Fade":20whr661 said:
NCJag79":20whr661 said:
Greetings all. Jags fan here. I like popping into the opponents message board the week prior to say howdy and answer any questions y'all might have.

Tough loss last night. But, it gives me hope that Jacksonville might have a shot for winning in Seattle for the first time....EVER! What gives in Seattle? Is Geno that bad? Is it a Bill/Tom question like it is for Pete/Russ?

Yall got any questions about the Jags? Yes...I know we suck, but man is Trevor fun to watch.

Thanks for posting. :irishdrinkers:

The Seahawks are an underachieving, poorly coached football team. They play a rigid, predictable style of football on both offense and defense telegraphing everything they do. They are extremely easy to prepare for.

So far they've continued to play hard and try to gut out wins, but without the Wilson magic to mask the broken formula, Pete has been exposed, to the point that even the regular fan that just tunes in for 3 hours on Sunday, and forgets about the team the rest of the week wants him gone.

Geno Smith is what he was in New York. Doesn't know how to stand in the pocket, very poor mechanically, he should look to run more, but chooses not to. He is terrible.

I have a few questions.

How is the team playing for Urban Meyer? Does the team consider him a joke? Have they already quit on him?

Is Bevell still just as terrible as he has always been calling plays in the red zone? How are the Jags attacking when they get down there?

Does Trevor have "it"? How does Trevor react when he gets hit? Is he unfazed, or does he start seeing ghosts?

NCJag79

Reaction score
See....as a Jags fan, we are never optimistic. Its just our nature.

Chapow":dahpvh21 said:
NCJag79":dahpvh21 said:
So yeah. If I was a Jags fan I'd probably be pretty optimistic about my chances too. This Seahawks team just isn't very good right now.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":18it1p8g said:
The best thing that could happen to this franchise is to lose to the Jags.

I cannot get myself to root against the Hawks, but I know the best outcome is a loss even though I don't want to see it.

Sadly agree. Wins and any kind of heroic comeback to end the season too little too late will just continue to mask the underlying issues that have plagued this team into a slow but sure decline each year since 2014.

Fade

Reaction score
NCJag79":t0vzadvz said:
That first question is hard to answer: You read a lot of local reports saying the team has quit/has no respect for him....but then on the GW FG against Miami, you had Lawrence standing on the sideline with his arm around Meyer. A LOT of his former players actively WANT to come play for him. Same with Cullen on the defensive side. I don't think they believe he's a joke, per se...but his style takes some getting used to.
Yeah, that's why I asked as I'm hearing and seeing two different things, and am confused by the situation and what is being reported.

2. Yes. That is the one thing that is driving us absolutely CRAZY right now. Perfect example: first and goal against TENN. You have James Robinson, the guy averaging EIGHT YARDS A CARRY....and you pull him out, and give it to Carlos Hyde who games nothing. Including going for it on 4th down, that series went back NEGATIVE yards and got no points. The game was a competition at that point, but after that....it went downhill fast. It's changing week to week though. We picked up a TE (Dan Arnold) from the Panthers and i'm expecting him to get more involved in the RZ as he picks up the offense. Bevell is also learning to trust Robinson more. Which is good. He's a stud and needs to be fed.
That's Bevell alright, lol. He won't ever fully trust Robinson, he will give lip service, but actions speak louder than words. Bevell is all about "they'll never see it coming," choosing to use tertiary players.

3. Easy question: Trevor is LEGIT. He's the goods. His eyes are always scanning, always moving, and he has escapability/mobility in the pocket. He throws receives open, and every week he's making a throw that a rookie QB should NOT be making. I haven't seem him get crushed yet, because he's sneaky mobile but he's not afraid. The team has his back too. They know they will live and die with him. His first three weeks he was testing the waters on what he could do in regards to throwing to receivers and some interceptions happened, but the past 3 weeks he's only thrown one, and that was with like :02 seconds left in the game. Given the turnover machines we've had over the past decade between Bortles and Gabbert....it's a revelation.
Cool beans. I'm looking forward to watching him play, and seeing where he is at in his development.

If Trevor is legit, you guys will win easy. Shut down the run on 1st and 2nd down, and watch a comedy of errors unfold with Geno on 3rd and long. Ball game.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
The scapegoating of Geno is laughable to me. It’s as if people can’t accept that the O-line is below average and that the roster isn’t as good as people think it is.

Maybe we need to throw Justin Herbert back there so that people will get that final slap to reality? Or Case Keenum?

Actually, someone tell me. What backup QB is better than Geno based on performance/stats? I haven’t dived into it, but his numbers don’t look horrid. Can someone break this down to me since it’s suddenly Geno’s fault now?

He played like a backup. That’s what he is. Russell Wilson is an all time great so the gap looks tremendous. If you don’t consider Russell an all time great and current top 5 QB, then this is probably hard to accept for some here.

Fade

Reaction score
Scorpion05":33e2ze42 said:
The scapegoating of Geno is laughable to me. It’s as if people can’t accept that the O-line is below average and that the roster isn’t as good as people think it is.

Maybe we need to throw Justin Herbert back there so that people will get that final slap to reality? Or Case Keenum?

Actually, someone tell me. What backup QB is better than Geno based on performance/stats? I haven’t dived into it, but his numbers don’t look horrid. Can someone break this down to me since it’s suddenly Geno’s fault now?

He played like a backup. That’s what he is. Russell Wilson is an all time great so the gap looks tremendous. If you don’t consider Russell an all time great and current top 5 QB, then this is probably hard to accept for some here.

Whether it's Geno or the O-Line, it doesn't matter. They've proven as a unit they cannot function on 3rd and long. Pete will predictably look to run the ball into loaded boxes, which will lead to 3rd and long a lot of the time. The Seahawks offense is dead in the water when they are in 3rd and long as evidenced by this entire season, especially with Geno in at QB.

Players are being setup to fail. They have to overcome their own scheme as well as the opponent lining up across from them. The players are playing hard but they are done no favors by this staff.

LTH

Reaction score
John63":pmg8oxqn said:
Mizak":pmg8oxqn said:
Are they?

PC is still the coach, right? Then the odds are really good they will.

Look man the one thing that you and I agree on is that when Russell Wilson is on the field... he can turn a game around quick... Russell Wilson isn't on the field... Geno Smith is...

Geno isn't Russell Wilson right now so the best thing to do is not ask him to do something he is not capable of doing and that is play like Russell Wilson... Geno is getting better slowly he is doing what Carroll is asking of him and he had a good game against the Saints for the most part.. but he ain't Russell right now... So expect to see the run game lets see how he address the issues that he had in the Saints game... Hopefully he will learn and improve that's the idea... He doesn't have to be great he just has to be good...solid no turn overs

I'm telling ya... we just need to get Russ back on the field and I just get the feeling Russ is going to light it up... and I think the D is getting better I think they have figured out how they want to scheme with the talent they have... I think they just need to get the pass rush going a bit more... I'm hoping that Adams and Taylor are going to come alive... notice they played a lot more man coverage vs the saints that means Carroll has more confidence in the corners..

If they could just find a way to win against the jags then a bye week and hopefully Russ comes back we still got an out side chance at a play off spot... nobody doubts this, anytime Russell Wilson is on the field special things happen...I put nothing past Russ or Carroll or the Seahawks for that matter... we have seen this before the comeback its what they do...

LTH

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LTH":gmui884h said:
If they could just find a way to win against the jags then a bye week and hopefully Russ comes back we still got an out side chance at a play off spot... nobody doubts this,

LTH

I do

NCJag79

Reaction score
This is the biggest thing that gives us HOPE vice years past. Trevor LOOKS the part compared to who we have had over the past 2 decades (Leftwich, Garrard, Gabbert, Bortles, Minshew). Leftwich could read a defense and had a cannon, but his wind up was horrendous and he was not mobile. Gabbert was fragile/curled up and got shellshocked. Bortles tried to rely on talent that he had in college, and that doesn't cut it in the pros. Minshew was limited by his size/talent but his heart/brain were great. Lawrence is a complete package. Hope you enjoy the show Sunday. I know I will.

[/quote]
Cool beans. I'm looking forward to watching him play, and seeing where he is at in his development.

If Trevor is legit, you guys will win easy. Shut down the run on 1st and 2nd down, and watch a comedy of errors unfold with Geno on 3rd and long. Ball game.[/quote]

LTH

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1jec0oip said:
LTH":1jec0oip said:
If they could just find a way to win against the jags then a bye week and hopefully Russ comes back we still got an out side chance at a play off spot... nobody doubts this,

LTH

I do

Bad writing on my part... I meant nobody doubts that special things happen when Russ is on the field...

Gosh I wish I was a better writer LOL

LTH