Anybody else feeling uneasy about this game?

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3o3c9kmd said:
Those cases of pluralization are the rare exception precisely because following the rule would cause confusion.
Except, Xs and Os causes no confusion for anyone.

olyfan63

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":767yc00n said:
Seahawk Sailor":767yc00n said:
Those cases of pluralization are the rare exception precisely because following the rule would cause confusion.
Except, Xs and Os causes no confusion for anyone.

I just want to say that, thanks in part to guys like Scottemojo and lately, BigSkyDoc, Seahawks.NET is helping me be a better X's and O's guy.

From an X's and O's standpoint I think the 'Hawks crush the Panthers.

seahawks08

Reaction score
It's perfectly ok to feel uneasy, specially when it is not a regular season. Fans also have short term memory when a team has a bye. I am confident we will win, I have told all my friends who are going to the stadium to make sure home field advantage does come into play and the team feeds off the 12s energy. I will be there making a lot of noise and so will my wife and kid. It's playoffs baby, there is no looking back. Lets make the stadium as loud as we can. I am excited and feel lucky to be part of the 12s to enjoy post season back to back. I will do everything I can to disrupt the opposing team with my vocal chords. My tea, honey and lemon is all I have been drinking for the past few days. Let's get this win and play for each other! GO HAWKS

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
I'm only feeling uneasy because of the fact that the playoffs are do-or-die. There is no making up for the loss the next week. We have seen so many upsets in the last few years that it's hard to feel overly - confident about any playoff game.

As far as the match up itself, I don't feel nervous about it. Can't wait until tomorrow

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawk-A-Loogie":37dz258s said:
Last time we were a team with a losing record who just happened to upset the world champions, Saints.
This year Carolina is the team with the losing record playing us, the world champs.

Hopefully that has not relevance and i'm sure it doesn't. Just thought I point out the coincidence for fun.

But I am kind of scared for this game. Home field this time is great but i'm not gonna say this will be an easy game.

some differences to that parallel that are important:

Saints were the away team. Champs are at home this time. The under .500 team is on the road.
It was the Saints and Hawks first game of the playoffs. The Champs have a bye this time. the under .500 team is traveling across the country after playing a game last week.

BASF

Reaction score
The only reason to feel uneasy are the weird coincidences about the Panthers and the teams that have actually won in Seattle in prime time games. The '04 Cowboys, '06 Niners and the '07 Saints all had losing records, good running games and a defense playing better than they probably should. The big receiver thing killed us back then with Keyshawn Johnson and Marquis Colston having big plays that killed us and Benjamin is capable of that even against Sherman as we saw in the earlier match-up this season.

The reasons to feel easy about this game: the Carolina Panthers are just 5-15 on the road in Prime Time games. Only one of those wins was against a team with a winning record when the Panthers broke Donovan McNabb's ribs in the second quarter of the 2003 NFC Championship game. Since 2000, the Pathers have only one win against a West coast team with a better than .500 record, and that was when Kaepernick threw a ridiculous interception into triple coverage to stop the Niners game winning drive with less than a minute left. Carolina has defeated a better Seahawks team once in their existence (in Carolina with a 10am start) when a very strong wind kept Hasselbeck from being effective through the air and inexplicably Holmgren wasn't even trying to run the ball with only 11 rushes from the running backs as Spencer and Sims were not very good young players and Gray should have retired the previous offseason. The Seahawks have only one loss* in prime time post season games since the salary cap era began. There are only three maybe four players on the Panthers who would actually be starters for the Seahawks.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Uncle Si":5xs4bjtb said:
Hawk-A-Loogie":5xs4bjtb said:
Last time we were a team with a losing record who just happened to upset the world champions, Saints.
This year Carolina is the team with the losing record playing us, the world champs.

Hopefully that has not relevance and i'm sure it doesn't. Just thought I point out the coincidence for fun.

But I am kind of scared for this game. Home field this time is great but i'm not gonna say this will be an easy game.

some differences to that parallel that are important:

Saints were the away team. Champs are at home this time. The under .500 team is on the road.
It was the Saints and Hawks first game of the playoffs. The Champs have a bye this time. the under .500 team is traveling across the country after playing a game last week.

To add to that, the Seahawks lost the in the Divisional round to the Bears the following week. Tonight's game is a divisional round game...the same fate may happen to the Panthers. After all they are what they are, a 7-8-1 team.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I was way more nervous last year against the Saints. They looked impressive going on the road in the WC round against the Eagles and winning convincingly. The Panthers outlasted last week against the Cards in a game neither team wanted to win.

Don't underestimate our HFA in addition to this being Cams first game here

I fully expect a blow out.