Ben Johnson

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I still had some hope for Dan Quinn before tonight...maybe not so much now.
If he is not the choice, there will be a complete turn over of the team culture, coaches and players.
I guess this needs to happen and the Seahawks will soon be sold...It seems like this is the business decision that Pete was referring to.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Good first half vs Rams, not much in the second half. Seems like something we've seen before.

Raifers

Reaction score
Good first half vs Rams, not much in the second half. Seems like something we've seen before.
Yea so what gives? I do kinda think that blown penalty in the first half stopped their momentum, but the 2nd half ain’t selling me on him. Maybe next game

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Maybe we'll have to hold off and see how the Ravens defense performs.

renofox

Reaction score
Why is this rumor going around? He doesn't really have any connection to that team. His history is with the Dolphins and the local team where he's from is the Panthers. Not saying you're wrong, just curious why I keep seeing this.
Commanders just hired a new GM and I heard on some show that he has links to Johnson.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Seahawks would be a far more attractive job than Commanders. Better ownership, better culture, strong fan base.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Personally I’m way more impressed with Slowik than Ben Johnson, but I do think Johnson’s system fits the Hawks better.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Hes going to the skins
They've had discussions, but no announcements, so while that MAY happen, Johnson to Commanders is NOT a done deal.
I'm under the impression nobody can actually HIRE Johnson until the Lions season is over. Anyone know the actual rule?

olyfan63

Reaction score
Ben Johnson's 4-minute offense won the game when it mattered. Good enough for me.
A couple clutch throws by Goff and plays by the receivers when it truly mattered. So many teams have choked on simple little plays that would have won the game.

I was crushed when my idol Gardner Minshew missed a simple little throw in week 18 to convert a 4th down and it put Houston in and Indy out.
Geno and the Hawks offense missed a couple simple throws against the Cowboys in crunch time. Executing silly little simple plays in crunch time COUNTS.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Why is this rumor going around? He doesn't really have any connection to that team. His history is with the Dolphins and the local team where he's from is the Panthers. Not saying you're wrong, just curious why I keep seeing this.
It's being reported in several places in the media, but only as the skids are all greased and ready to sign Johnson when it becomes allowable. No word if this is what Johnson wants.

olyfan63

Reaction score
One thing about Johnson... the Lions O came in with a plan to neutralize Aaron Donald and their plan was mostly effective. It was a thing of beauty to see after years of watching Donald throw Seahawks O-Linemen around like rag dolls. They pretty much doubled and sometimes tripled Donald on every play.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Ben Johnson's 4-minute offense won the game when it mattered. Good enough for me.
A couple clutch throws by Goff and plays by the receivers when it truly mattered. So many teams have choked on simple little plays that would have won the game.

I was crushed when my idol Gardner Minshew missed a simple little throw in week 18 to convert a 4th down and it put Houston in and Indy out.
Geno and the Hawks offense missed a couple simple throws against the Cowboys in crunch time. Executing silly little simple plays in crunch time COUNTS.
Sounds like bias. That offense wasn't good in the second half. I'll pass.

olyfan63

Reaction score
You remember that play differently than I do.
Here's how I remember it:
Relevant play is at time code 11:31. 4th and 1, in Red Zone, Indy trails by 6, late in game. Minshew throws it behind the receiver, leading to a "drop". Simple play, the kind where failure to execute, unforced error, causes the dreaded "L". Did the receiver run the route wrong? Doesn't matter, Colts go home.
My point is that Goff and the Lions, under Johnson's leadership, made two of those simple pass plays to close out the Rams with the 4-minute offense. Gimmes can easily be gotchas.

How do you remember that play differently? (Apologies for the NFL Tubewall)

Last edited:

Raifers

Reaction score

So we have the right play caller but the wrong players? If we had the right simple plays called in the situation, why do we need to replace our OC? Or execution was just off and they will be better with more practice?

olyfan63

Reaction score
So we have the right play caller but the wrong players? If we had the right simple plays called in the situation, why do we need to replace our OC? Or execution was just off and they will be better with more practice?
The OC is responsible for his unit's execution, players being on the same page. I've never called for Waldron's head. If Johnson were to become the coach, and decided to keep Waldron, or choose his own guy, I'm fine with either. Waldron is 2-0 against Johnson's Lions the last two seasons, with the Seattle offense being the unit that won the game, in crunch time. Both times.

I did like how Johnson's scheme largely neutralized Aaron Donald in the Lions Wildcard win over the Rams. Don't recall Hawks ever managing to do that.