Clayton says Bevell and Cable will be back

mrt144

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2w0wpzsn said:
HawkNuts":2w0wpzsn said:
I can’t get excited to watch this team next year.

Neither can I. It's been a long time since I can really say that our team is no longer exciting. I haven't heard a fan actually say that they are "excited" looking forward to next year.
How can Pete look himself in the mirror and say that a majority of this team's problems are on the players?

I've only really seen qualified excitement like

"I'd be excited if X and Y were fired and we had a clean slate"

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ocwwvp1 said:
HawkNuts":2ocwwvp1 said:
This looks like a Mike Holmgren 8-8 season with the most difficult to watch offense I have ever seen.

That's kinda how I felt all year as well, like Pete Holmgren looked tired and was holding onto players hoping they'd regain their SB form.

BUT............unlike Holmgren and his icy relationship with Allen and Ruskell, I think Pete still works very well with Allen and Schneider. That should give us at least a little hope that they can turn it around.

Except that history always repeats itself unless enough changes are made to alter it.

At this rate, we will be seeing 3 quarters of Russell Carr instead of the present 2 by next seasons end. :pukeface:

Jville

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2t7goy9t said:
HawkNuts":2t7goy9t said:
I can’t get excited to watch this team next year.

Neither can I. It's been a long time since I can really say that our team is no longer exciting. I haven't heard a fan actually say that they are "excited" looking forward to next year.
How can Pete look himself in the mirror and say that a majority of this team's problems are on the players?

Well let me be the first, this old fart is excited about 2018.

P.S. My eyes seem to have stabilized and I'm seeing well. Happy New Year .... good to hear from you :2thumbs:

xgeoff

Reaction score
johnnyfever":1ilwvdbj said:
Seymour":1ilwvdbj said:
NJlargent":1ilwvdbj said:
Jeremy517":1ilwvdbj said:
Completely predictable based on what Pete was saying at the presser after the final game.

Com-PETE only applies to players and not to coaches.

It doesn't even apply to players anymore. No one competed with Walsh and I am dying to meet the sad sack who competed with Ifedi and lost.

That and they passed and Kaep to avoid conflict with Russell. Pete himself said he was a starter in this league.
Now did I want Kaep?? Hell no! But he is better than Davis for damn sure.
Also we released Collins to keep Lacy?? Say what? He ended up #11 in the NFL in rushing for crying out loud! That was not a cost issue there, that was riding the $$ invested in Lacy over a cliff.

To be fair, Collins had plenty of chances here and didn't do squat. No one was bitching when he was sent packing. As has been said many times, our players were at a talent level during the Superbowl runs to hide the ineptitude of Bevell and cable. Collins is now in a system that allows his decent athletic ability to look better than it is.

Just imagine what we would look like with offensive coaches that were actually good at their jobs.

I was happy when Collins was sent packing, but I've now been able to watch him a bunch of times this year for the Ravens. To place Collins' success at the feet of the Ravens' system is pretty ignorant. Don't get me wrong, the Ravens do have a good system. And Buck Adams runs well in that system as well. But Collins is explosive in that offense, and to label him as mediocre is just not paying attention.

It appears obvious to me that Collins was a good talent (though still perhaps not as good as the guys ahead of him here) who was mired in a bad system with a bad offensive line. Collins, more than anything else, should be a shining example of how broken our OLine and system here really are. Russ Wilson and backs like Marshawn, Rawls and Carson have masked this ineptitude, but now it's available for all to see. Every Ravens game the announcers are dumbfounded that Collins was cut loose. Game after game after game. And it's not just the system. That guy has talent, but it was completely hidden here.

Seymour

Reaction score
johnnyfever":20kbcolt said:
Seymour":20kbcolt said:
NJlargent":20kbcolt said:
Jeremy517":20kbcolt said:
Completely predictable based on what Pete was saying at the presser after the final game.

Com-PETE only applies to players and not to coaches.

It doesn't even apply to players anymore. No one competed with Walsh and I am dying to meet the sad sack who competed with Ifedi and lost.

That and they passed and Kaep to avoid conflict with Russell. Pete himself said he was a starter in this league.
Now did I want Kaep?? Hell no! But he is better than Davis for damn sure.
Also we released Collins to keep Lacy?? Say what? He ended up #11 in the NFL in rushing for crying out loud! That was not a cost issue there, that was riding the $$ invested in Lacy over a cliff.

To be fair, Collins had plenty of chances here and didn't do squat. No one was bitching when he was sent packing. As has been said many times, our players were at a talent level during the Superbowl runs to hide the ineptitude of Bevell and cable. Collins is now in a system that allows his decent athletic ability to look better than it is.

Just imagine what we would look like with offensive coaches that were actually good at their jobs.

I see you did not address the rest of my post that we kept Lacy instead....why? :roll:

Can you explain this mystery athleticism that only works for the Ravens oline blocking, and not Tom Cable's please?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1rdkxak8 said:
Sgt. Largent":1rdkxak8 said:
HawkNuts":1rdkxak8 said:
This looks like a Mike Holmgren 8-8 season with the most difficult to watch offense I have ever seen.

That's kinda how I felt all year as well, like Pete Holmgren looked tired and was holding onto players hoping they'd regain their SB form.

BUT............unlike Holmgren and his icy relationship with Allen and Ruskell, I think Pete still works very well with Allen and Schneider. That should give us at least a little hope that they can turn it around.

Except that history always repeats itself unless enough changes are made to alter it.

At this rate, we will be seeing 3 quarters of Russell Carr instead of the present 2 by next seasons end. :pukeface:

You missed your chance to post the "hope is a dangerous thing Andy" gif to follow your Shawkshank theme.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
xgeoff":2oibcjdi said:
It appears obvious to me that Collins was a good talent (though still perhaps not as good as the guys ahead of him here) who was mired in a bad system with a bad offensive line.

He fumbled.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Bevell discovering Jimmy Graham is gone.
shawshank-escape.jpg

Jimmy Graham celebrates.
ObeseClearIndianelephant max 1mb

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I decided I am not going to any more games next year.

It is cold, sometimes rainy and I don't like just sitting there the first half doing nothing.

It is harder to see the great plays on defense from the stands and if you just show up at the half, half the time someone is in your seats.

I still watch the 2nd half but it’s a waste of time watching the 1st.

(that said, what happened? Remember when we went to a quick passing offense a few years ago? How it was almost unstoppable? Russ was throwing darts, Baldwin was scoring all over the place. Bevell was the coordinator then too, so I am not sure why we decided we were not doing that anymore? We went away from it the next year and sucked again. What gives?)

Pete's brand of football is tired and pathetically boring now. It isn't worth the trip or the wait for the entire first half to be over.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Stupid.

Kinda over Pete... plus what he's talking about now has nothing to do with football... he lets his players create the narrative.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3ou1l31b said:
(that said, what happened? Remember when we went to a quick passing offense a few years ago? How it was almost unstoppable? Russ was throwing darts, Baldwin was scoring all over the place. Bevell was the coordinator then too, so I am not sure why we decided we were not doing that anymore? We went away from it the next year and sucked again. What gives?)

That's the best question that everyone's not asking.

London12

Reaction score
Seymour":2wa3jnl5 said:
London12":2wa3jnl5 said:
Seymour":2wa3jnl5 said:
London12":2wa3jnl5 said:
Well if this is true, I hate to say it but Pete has to go if he can't identify and act upon these problems. It's very well documented that they are our problems.

Ummmm....I'm telling hawk2017 you said that and he is going to quote you on that for the next 6 months now. :roll:

This means nothing to me?

It is a joke about a poster here who I had to block and cannot let go of someones opinion. Nothing to you.

Some just can't handle the fact that you can love your team and disagree or dislike your coaches decisions.

Ahh. If it helps my opinions have probably been the polar opposite to yours regarding Pete, I'm usually very much Pete in. That being said, failure to address the woeful offensive playcalling and offensive line coaching is just too big of a failing for me. I can't forgive it!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm hoping more people give up their seats. A lot of great fans out there who have been waiting to get in on season tickets.

mistaowen

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":11uaox58 said:
TwistedHusky":11uaox58 said:

Doug was borderline unstoppable during this stretch and still makes 1-2 catches a game where you say 'how in the world did he get that?' He should be getting at least 7 targets a game, in front of the line of scrimmage, in space. Way too many long sideline throws that get no YAC. Get back to routes going across the middle attacking zones.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
mistaowen":stxlvblk said:
MontanaHawk05":stxlvblk said:
TwistedHusky":stxlvblk said:

Doug was borderline unstoppable during this stretch and still makes 1-2 catches a game where you say 'how in the world did he get that?' He should be getting at least 7 targets a game, in front of the line of scrimmage, in space. Way too many long sideline throws that get no YAC. Get back to routes going across the middle attacking zones.

He's the only WR who gets separation regularly, so I wonder how much of that is Doug being Doug.

But based on his own "I need the ball!" comments the other day, I do think Bevell might not be entirely immune from criticism.

SkyHawks16

Reaction score
Pete needs to go. We can't keep giving this man excuses because of what he did in the past, the sooner he retires the better.

Latest posts