Devin Hester to Seahawks

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Fumbles are very concerning, but do we really have a better option at this point and time? I sure don't want to see Sherm or Baldwin back there at this point and time.

Polaris

Reaction score
Hester isn't great (anymore), but frankly as a PR/KR he's a LOT better than what we have w/o Lockette right now which is essentially nothing. It's a good, cheap, low risk move IMO.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
In 2010 he averaged over 35 yards per kickoff and over 17 yards per punt return. Jeebus, I didn't know that was possible. Maybe he can flash again, or help coach up some of our youngsters.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1p3jjmr6 said:
Good signing. Who knows he may have his third wind playing for a playoff team. He's a vet and is regarded as the best all time returner in the NFL. He did have 2 punt returns of 20+ yards this season according to his career stats -
http://www.nfl.com/player/devinhester/2506897/careerstats

If he doesn't work out, then Jacoby Jones is available.
You called this move earlier in another thread! Good job!

dbsn2420

Reaction score
If your an opposing ST coach in a one and done scenario do you kick the ball to him? I think not so much........ As long as he holds on to the ball and presents a threat whatever so slight, it's a positive!

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":a6p6y7v4 said:
In 2010 he averaged over 35 yards per kickoff and over 17 yards per punt return. Jeebus, I didn't know that was possible. Maybe he can flash again, or help coach up some of our youngsters.

We all know he used to be the best returner in the NFL, that was 7 years ago however...

This reminds me us of having Peter Warrick on our Super Bowl losing team

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I could look it up, but I'll ask first -- Does he have a ring yet in his long career? If not and perhaps given his final chance with us, don't you think he'll have burning desire to get it done?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":xbjfptbp said:
hawkfan68":xbjfptbp said:
Good signing. Who knows he may have his third wind playing for a playoff team. He's a vet and is regarded as the best all time returner in the NFL. He did have 2 punt returns of 20+ yards this season according to his career stats -
http://www.nfl.com/player/devinhester/2506897/careerstats

If he doesn't work out, then Jacoby Jones is available.
You called this move earlier in another thread! Good job!

Thanks Sioux!

According to the article below (see link), he was dealing with nagging injuries in Baltimore. Hopefully he is fully healthy and can provide a bit of spark in the return game. Field position is going to be important. If nothing else, as someone else mentioned, he can scare other teams to make mistakes by trying to kick away from him.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...-nfl-playoffs/ar-BBxRTnl?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

2_0_6

Reaction score
Outside of the fumbles, his season doesn't look that bad honestly.

In 12 games, he had two kick returns of 40+ yards with the longest being 60 yards, and two punt returns of 20+ yards with the longest being 28.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ohflglcy said:
I could look it up, but I'll ask first -- Does he have a ring yet in his long career? If not and perhaps given his final chance with us, don't you think he'll have burning desire to get it done?
I think that plays a huge role in why he came here. Look at who he's been with this year. Baltimore to begin the year, a team that has a shot any given year usually. Then New England. He knows he's almost done and wants a shot at a ring. I like the signing a lot. He had a few fumbles this year, but the guy has been fielding punts his entire career and been the best to ever do it. I by no means am expecting an explosive returner, but he gives me much more confidence back there to even field the punt than anyone on the team (especially Sherm). I am sure he has enough speed and wiggle to be able to break one if the blocking is right, but not a guy that is going to make a ton of people miss and run by everyone up the sideline like he used to. Add to it that he is hungry, hard not to like the signing and maybe even be a little excited about it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":37jok7ww said:

I believe he went to the Superbowl XLI with Chicago in 2007 but they ended up losing to the Colts.

chet380

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":194oyxac said:
No, pure desperation is having your highest paid corner catching punts.
I love the move.

Having Kenny Easley running back punts and getting banged around was a factor in the injuries that shortened his career.

Seafan

Reaction score
I'm more excited by the Tyler Ott signing but I'd rather have Hester back there than RS25.

mikeak

Reaction score
He was hesitant in baltimore. Hopefully knowing this is mostlikely his last few games and each game can truly be the last brings a different mentality....

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":12rblkzp said:
Is he an upgrade from Bryan Walters?

Michael Bennett returning punts would be an upgrade over Bryan Walters. Thank God they didn't bring Walters back.

ZorntoLargent

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":27zgfe0j said:
Grahamhawker":27zgfe0j said:

We all know he used to be the best returner in the NFL, that was 7 years ago however...

This reminds me us of having Peter Warrick on our Super Bowl losing team

What about Leon Washington? Most career kickoff TD returns.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Pete will instruct him on the importance of securing the ball.

I believe this is more about protecting Sherman from an overzealous opposing ST.