Falcons Forum Falcon Cowboy NFCCG thread

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1tjjigej said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1tjjigej said:
Maybe this air of overconfidence is being absorbed by the Falcons too.

I commented on at least three overconfidence threads in this forum Monday and Tuesday. We are not immune to looking forward either. It's what fans do, and that's just fine cause we're not playing the game.

I'm fine with Atlanta, Vegas and the media being overconfident.... it means one great thing. The Seahawks will walk into the dome with a chip on their shoulder. Julio whining about Sherman.... stoke that fire Atlanta! A fired up Seahawks team is a good Seahawks team.

2_0_6

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":39y2juew said:
Ad Hawk":39y2juew said:
Please tell exactly how "altogether" different the Hawks defense is compared to 2013, personnel-wise. Compare position by position, please.

No Earl Thomas
No Chris Clemons
No Bruce Irvin
No Red Bryant
No Brandon Mebane

2013 - 39 takeaways
2016 - 19 takeaways

Players come and go but lets not pretend it's the same D.

Zombie Hawk":39y2juew said:
Damn man, give it a rest.

Can't... it's a good time to be an Atlanta fan.

Earl is going to be a loss for sure, but the others look more like upgrades to me.
I would take a 2016 Michael Bennet over a 2013 Chris Clemmons
I would take a 2016 Frank Clark over a 2013 Bruce Irvin
I would take a 2016 Jarran Reed over a 2013 Brandon Mebane

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
WmHBonney":2786taoo said:
For the love of God......your team is NOT going to score 35 pts.
Seattle 35
Atlanta 17

Now go away.

So you're gonna score 19 pts above your 16ppg road average AND are gonna hold a team in their house to 18 points under their home average?

k. Pass me some of whatever you're smoking too.

ApnaHawk":2786taoo said:
Brother, our D-line is far better then that 2013 line. FAR better.

... and we don't have a garbage OL this playoff run either. Gonna be fun to watch.

Hawkpower":2786taoo said:
I told you your desperation was getting epic. Might be time to step away from the keyboard for a bit.

Not sure what googling the 2013 Seahawks roster has to do with desperation... I was merely answering the dude's question about how the teams are different.

Sgt. Largent":2786taoo said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2786taoo said:
Maybe this air of overconfidence is being absorbed by the Falcons too.

I commented on at least three overconfidence threads in this forum Monday and Tuesday. We are not immune to looking forward either. It's what fans do, and that's just fine cause we're not playing the game.

Yep... it's not like any of us have any control over the outcome.

Ad Hawk":2786taoo said:
The main point is, the team isn't "altogether" different. Some parts, yes, and I'd prefer Earl in than out. But much of our defensive backfield is the same, including linebackers.

Not altogether different.

True I suppose... but the stats don't lie. The 2016 Seahawks are much worse from an opposing QB's statistics view without ET in the lineup.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
RussB":27lj1bv4 said:
I got a funny feeling thats its gonna be packers vs seahawks again.

If it is, I can't wait to see Paul raise the flag!!!! The Clink will be off the charts again!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":28feczyx said:
True I suppose... but the stats don't lie. The 2016 Seahawks are much worse from an opposing QB's statistics view without ET in the lineup.

But the stats are a different issue than the personnel. Just wishing for some accuracy.

The individual talent this D provides may be greater than 2013, but you are right that it hasn't always shown it and the stats bear it out this year.

The box of chocolates analogy is a good one regarding the Hawks this year. The problem for you is that you can't be certain that the same hawks team that beat NE on the road won't show up this weekend, which must temper, to at least a degree, your expectations.

I understand your confidence in your team's new-found consistency. But we played you very well before, and could again. Not giving up two dramatically broken coverages could very well have kept your team below 20 pts, not just under 30.

Both teams have tremendous potential and talent. What will happen can't be told right now, regardless of confidence.

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
RussB":3eccp6sw said:

Of course you do. Never mind the fact that both #1 and #2 seeds being eliminated in the divisional round has only happened twice since the playoffs went to this format...

2006 #4 NE @ #3 IND
2008 #6 PHI @ #4 ARI

Every other year it's been one or both making the conference championship.

So you're telling me there's a chance?

Ad Hawk":3eccp6sw said:
The box of chocolates analogy is a good one regarding the Hawks this year. The problem for you is that you can't be certain that the same hawks team that beat NE on the road won't show up this weekend, which must temper, to at least a degree, your expectations.

I understand your confidence in your team's new-found consistency. But we played you very well before, and could again. Not giving up two dramatically broken coverages could very well have kept your team below 20 pts, not just under 30.

Both teams have tremendous potential and talent. What will happen can't be told right now, regardless of confidence.

Thanks... Forrest Gump is one of my favorite movies.

Anyway, if the Hawks team shows up that showed up in NE... I expect a very close game.

If the Hawks team shows up that showed up in Tampa... NO... LA... GB... not so much.

That's why they play the game.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
one thing Atlanta fans are ignoring, they are a finesse team. We are a physical team. I f this d comes out fired up and gets a couple turnovers early, it will be an ass wooping after that.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":21v1jzmh said:
RussB":21v1jzmh said:

Of course you do. Never mind the fact that both #1 and #2 seeds being eliminated in the divisional round has only happened twice since the playoffs went to this format...

2006 #4 NE @ #3 IND
2008 #6 PHI @ #4 ARI

Every other year it's been one or both making the conference championship.

So you're telling me there's a chance?

Ad Hawk":21v1jzmh said:

Thanks... Forrest Gump is one of my favorite movies.

Anyway, if the Hawks team shows up that showed up in NE... I expect a very close game.

If the Hawks team shows up that showed up in Tampa... NO... LA... GB... not so much.

That's why they play the game.

Ive asked in another thread. But care to explain losing at HOME to San Diego and Tampa Bay???

Hey Atl may well win, but one thing your list doesn't take into account, Seattle has been to the mountain top, your team has watched it from home. Your D improved in the back half of the year cause its chalk full of rookies or 2nd year guys, this will be the first taste of playoff football. Also your defense got healthy vs the rams and niners of the world.....

2_0_6

Reaction score
Trolls do troll things. I never bought the "Hey I'm just here for good football talk" one bit.

Largent80

Reaction score
Kinda funny they would put Sherms reaction to the losing last play of the game when in their only Super Bowl appearance that was after the first play of the game.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":2wmhac27 said:
one thing Atlanta fans are ignoring, they are a finesse team. We are a physical team. I f this d comes out fired up and gets a couple turnovers early, it will be an ass wooping after that.

Our D is 75% of it's 2013 physical self I'd say, but the offense is at best 40-50% of what it was when Beast Mode was ramming the ball down people's throats.

So are we the physical team you say we are? It's not a clear as it used to be. We certainly strive to be that team, but I'd say this year it's been inconsistent at best.

12thbrah

Reaction score
They apparently don't care about jinxing their team. Pretty pathetic Falcons fans have to bring up endless stats to make themselves feel good about their chances. Its nice supporting a team like the Seahawks, stats or no stats we know is capable of beating any team in the NFL on any given Sunday.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Here's my only reason why the Hawks will win this game!

1 - It doesn't matter what either team did in the regular season!

I understand your confidence, Atl has had a great run, nothing to laugh at. The Hawks have struggled and have been inconsistent all season to say the least. However, If the Hawks weather the storm in the first 10 minutes, If the score is within 10 at the half. Hawks win at the end.

I understand Atl may be better after their bye, an improved O-Line, average 28 + or whatever at home, only give up 14 or whatever, yada yada, it don't mean jack until the game is played.

Hawks positives going in:
1 - They found a running game
2 - Wilson is healthy
3 - Kam Chancellor will be hunting
4 - D-line is hungry and will include a healthy Bennett, Clark, and Avril (If Matty ice thinks he was hit last game, Well.........)
5 - Wagner and KJ playing lights out at exactly the right time
6 - O-Line finally showing some consistency
7 - Wilson to Baldwin
8 - Who's Jimmy, who's been under utilized all season for exactly this game
9 - Experience, legitimate playoff experience!
10 - Depth

I think the best you can hope for down the stretch and as an Atl fan would put money on, would be a Haushka missed game winner! :0190l:

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the falcons in their last 6 games play 5 opponents with losing records, and lose to the only team with a winning one? Something like that anyway.

And more importantly, we totally controlled them for 3 quarters of game 6, totally shit the bed in 1 quarter and still won right? I honestly don't think the falcons are that good. On paper they have good stats, but they aren't a hard team to control as if you shut ryan down thats all she wrote. And their defense? What defense.

I am way more confident playing the falcons than I was the friggin rams this year. Saturday can't come soon enough to clear the board of all these falconers.

Que up falconfanNw...and....go-