Falcons Forum Falcon Cowboy NFCCG thread

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
johnnyfever":325iir2k said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the falcons in their last 6 games play 5 opponents with losing records, and lose to the only team with a winning one? Something like that anyway.-

Kinda like the Hawks last 5 games against 4 losing teams and losing to one of them.........at home, for the #2 seed.

Not sure where all this Falcons stink and we're awesome stuff is coming from.

Hawks have a good chance Saturday, but other than a bad Lions team that limped into the playoffs, we haven't beaten anyone since the Patriots game.

johnnyfever

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":30dbw4bi said:
johnnyfever":30dbw4bi said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the falcons in their last 6 games play 5 opponents with losing records, and lose to the only team with a winning one? Something like that anyway.-

Kinda like the Hawks last 5 games against 4 losing teams and losing to one of them.........at home, for the #2 seed.

Hawks have a good chance Saturday, but other than a bad Lions team that limped into the playoffs, we haven't beaten anyone since the Patriots game.

I don't see where I said we were awesome Largent, maybe pay more attention.

I do however see both our fans on this board and these falconers acting like the falcons are untouchable.

But I read.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2xuju9m8 said:
johnnyfever":2xuju9m8 said:

nobody has said that.

RussB

Reaction score
Overseasfan":9t3w47bv said:
RussB":9t3w47bv said:
I got a funny feeling thats its gonna be packers vs seahawks again.

And after that we face NE again in the SB. Welcome back to the 14/15 season.
Except i dont want to see this again.
tom-brady-celebrating-interception-super-bowl.gif

sam1313

Reaction score
ApnaHawk":dosoj056 said:
FalconsFanNW":dosoj056 said:
Ad Hawk":dosoj056 said:
Please tell exactly how "altogether" different the Hawks defense is compared to 2013, personnel-wise. Compare position by position, please.

No Earl Thomas
No Chris Clemons
No Bruce Irvin
No Red Bryant
No Brandon Mebane

2013 - 39 takeaways
2016 - 19 takeaways

Players come and go but lets not pretend it's the same D.

Zombie Hawk":dosoj056 said:
Damn man, give it a rest.

Can't... it's a good time to be an Atlanta fan.

LOLL.

Brother, our D-line is far better then that 2013 line. FAR better.

And, Clemons was out when we played in 2013, or we would have won that game for sure.

Steve2222

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":diaqc4l3 said:
I didn't make that thread nor have I posted in it... but yes, I am extremely confident. I'm more confident about this Falcons team than any previous Falcons team. My top 10 reasons why:

1 Home game
2 Bye week
3 Ryan's MVP season and his run entering the playoffs(4950 yds, 38 TD, 7 INT 117 rating. Last 4 games 11 TD 0 INT)
4 Defense has played better since the bye - stats are misleading, lots of yards given up in garbage time
5 Dan Quinn isn't Mike Smith
6 Seattle's offense is like a box of chocolates - Falcons averaged 35 ppg at home
7 Beasley led NFL in sacks - gonna get after Wilson - we have a pass rush finally
8 No ET - Opposing QBs w/ ET on the field this year: 7 TDs, 10 INT, 77.8 rtg w/o ET: 9 TDs, 1 INT, 99.5 passer rating
9 We have the best OL in NFC outside of Dallas. Our OL was garbage in our 2008-2012 playoff runs.
10 Wilson is 0-3 in playoffs when D gives up 24+.. Falcons have scored 24+ in every turf game this season

:)

And I'm more confident this year than 2012 because...

1.) We did not play at Washington in a tough game where we lost our leader in sacks and kicker
2.) Then fly all the way back to Seattle
3.) To fly all the way back to the east coast to play at Atlanta six days later

The Seahawks have not left the west coast since early December. They should be well rested. Other than ET (which admittedly is a HUGE loss), this team is healthy.

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Prosise a game day decision, at a minimum Atl has to prepare for him either way, McDaniel cleared to play.

This is getting better by the minute!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I love the unabashed confidence of Falcon's Fan who fails to recognize that Seattle's D is significantly healthier than it was when Seattle beat Atlanta in Seattle earlier this season without Bennett for half the game and Clark, Chancellor, and Morgan who didn't play last game these teams set to battle. I'd think he would be a bit more reserved as Seattle thumped Ryan quite a bit last game w/o 1 1/2 of their full time pass rushers. Ryan will likely get "rubbed" a more than a few times on Sunday. The belief that Seattle is very vulnerable w/o Thomas doesn't stand up to careful examination, Thomas is missed but the addition of a healthy Chancellor to the D makes more of a difference than losing Thomas and replacing him .

Further Russell has no knee brace, and is feeling better, Rawls is healthy again, the rest of the O is playing together better than it has all season and we now have a real FB in Reece. Yep, the O has been a box of chocolates but what you are seeing lately seems to be the new direction that will be seen a lot more.

I expect a good close game but it certainly won't be a cinch like Falcon's Fan seems to think, and may not be as close as I initilly anticipated if Seattle can get their run game going early. I respect Atlanta's O but think they don't measure up as well defensively although Beasley will need to be limited.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":sxxpfxsi said:
FalconsFanNW":sxxpfxsi said:
Hawk_Nation":sxxpfxsi said:
Who had a better offensive season as a whole? The 2013 Broncos or the 2016 Falcons?

:stirthepot:

2013 Broncos

606 pts
7317 yds
55 passing TD
16 rushing TD

2016 Falcons

540 pts
6653 yds
38 passing TD
20 rushing TD

Totally cool with it too. Different teams altogether... much like the 2013 and 2016 Seahawks.

Please tell exactly how "altogether" different the Hawks defense is compared to 2013, personnel-wise. Compare position by position, please.

All you have to know is 2013: Earl Thomas. 2016: No Earl Thomas.

The Falcons are going to run Julio and Gabriel deep and make Terrell choose. Then they'll run Foreman and Freeman underneath while using Toilolo to attack the seams. If our pass rush doesn't get home, Ryan will have a field day.

They aren't going to run on us. I don't see them getting much out of the backfield with the RB's if that's what they rely on. They need to hit explosive plays down field against Terrell or it's not going to happen.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2hvfvf2p said:
I love the unabashed confidence of Falcon's Fan who fails to recognize that Seattle's D is significantly healthier than it was when Seattle beat Atlanta in Seattle earlier this season without Bennett for half the game and Clark, Chancellor, and Morgan who didn't play last game these teams set to battle. I'd think he would be a bit more reserved as Seattle thumped Ryan quite a bit last game w/o 1 1/2 of their full time pass rushers. Ryan will likely get "rubbed" a more than a few times on Sunday. The belief that Seattle is very vulnerable w/o Thomas doesn't stand up to careful examination, Thomas is missed but the addition of a healthy Chancellor to the D makes more of a difference than losing Thomas and replacing him .

Further Russell has no knee brace, and is feeling better, Rawls is healthy again, the rest of the O is playing together better than it has all season and we now have a real FB in Reece. Yep, the O has been a box of chocolates but what you are seeing lately seems to be the new direction that will be seen a lot more.

I expect a good close game but it certainly won't be a cinch like Falcon's Fan seems to think, and may not be as close as I initilly anticipated if Seattle can get their run game going early. I respect Atlanta's O but think they don't measure up as well defensively although Beasley will need to be limited.

Brock Coyle started that game at SAM, though I'm not sure how much he played.
Brock Coyle...and we still won!

hawkfan68

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":32ypgct7 said:
Christian fricken Michael was the starter. And we STILL won.

CM ended up being the leading rusher for the Seahawks this season and he was jettisoned after week 9....tells the story of the sad state of the Seahawk running game this season.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3unjq0q1 said:
RussB":3unjq0q1 said:
I got a funny feeling thats its gonna be packers vs seahawks again.

Of course you do. Never mind the fact that both #1 and #2 seeds being eliminated in the divisional round has only happened twice since the playoffs went to this format...

2006 #4 NE @ #3 IND
2008 #6 PHI @ #4 ARI

Every other year it's been one or both making the conference championship.

So you're telling me there's a chance?

Ad Hawk":3unjq0q1 said:
The box of chocolates analogy is a good one regarding the Hawks this year. The problem for you is that you can't be certain that the same hawks team that beat NE on the road won't show up this weekend, which must temper, to at least a degree, your expectations.

I understand your confidence in your team's new-found consistency. But we played you very well before, and could again. Not giving up two dramatically broken coverages could very well have kept your team below 20 pts, not just under 30.

Both teams have tremendous potential and talent. What will happen can't be told right now, regardless of confidence.

Thanks... Forrest Gump is one of my favorite movies.

Anyway, if the Hawks team shows up that showed up in NE... I expect a very close game.

If the Hawks team shows up that showed up in Tampa... NO... LA... GB... not so much.

That's why they play the game.

New England is significantly better than Atlanta.

If Seattle plays like they did that night, the game won't be close at all.

Your view of your team is significantly out of whack. You are blinded by years of losing and a cute little winning streak.

Lets not forget, Seattle and Atlanta both lost 5 games this year. This teams are even at worst. Your only advantage is home field in a lame dome.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3ei7nb3w said:
I didn't make that thread nor have I posted in it... but yes, I am extremely confident. I'm more confident about this Falcons team than any previous Falcons team. My top 10 reasons why:

1 Home game
2 Bye week
3 Ryan's MVP season and his run entering the playoffs(4950 yds, 38 TD, 7 INT 117 rating. Last 4 games 11 TD 0 INT)
4 Defense has played better since the bye - stats are misleading, lots of yards given up in garbage time
5 Dan Quinn isn't Mike Smith
6 Seattle's offense is like a box of chocolates - Falcons averaged 35 ppg at home
7 Beasley led NFL in sacks - gonna get after Wilson - we have a pass rush finally
8 No ET - Opposing QBs w/ ET on the field this year: 7 TDs, 10 INT, 77.8 rtg w/o ET: 9 TDs, 1 INT, 99.5 passer rating
9 We have the best OL in NFC outside of Dallas. Our OL was garbage in our 2008-2012 playoff runs.
10 Wilson is 0-3 in playoffs when D gives up 24+.. Falcons have scored 24+ in every turf game this season

:)

Cool stats

Tell me, if Tom Brady couldn't put up 35 against us this season, what makes you think Matt Ryan can?

Better yet, what makes the Falcons D-line so much better than the Lions? Or any other we've faced this season

What is Matt Ryan's winning record when the opposing team scores 25-30 points?

SkerBird8710

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":2bv1e9ws said:
DynoHawk":2bv1e9ws said:

Almost forgot...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=134986

Pot meet kettle.
I hope you seahawk fans realize y'all overlooked our game about 10 minutes after you beat the lions.. do you know the definition hypocritical?
AND I QUOTE
"I know, "too early".

I want, in this order:

giants would be our best matchup

Then packers, but only because we would be at home.

Dallas last, but on a neutral field it is a tossup between the pack and the boys.

What you say?"

SkerBird8710

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1j6qtpg7 said:
Christian fricken Michael was the starter. And we STILL won.
Funny you say that because Laroy Reynolds a 3rd string ST LB was starting next to our 2nd string SS.. Y'all haven't seen Deion jones or devondre Campbell.. it was a close game dictated by 2 turnovers. I doubt you'll get those two gifts this time around in plus territory

uncle fester

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3fk1els7 said:
I'm more confident about this Falcons team than any previous Falcons team. My top 10 reasons why:

1 Dan Quinn isn't Mike Smith

Fixed it for you :)

SyCOLA

Reaction score
Hawkpower":10n83h6i said:
New England is significantly better than Atlanta.

If Seattle plays like they did that night, the game won't be close at all.

Your view of your team is significantly out of whack. You are blinded by years of losing and a cute little winning streak.

Lets not forget, Seattle and Atlanta both lost 5 games this year. This teams are even at worst. Your only advantage is home field in a lame dome.
This wont be a 1 pm start, week 4, half empty dome though. It'll be rocking in there for the playoffs.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
The rock will be going from Russell Wilson to the endzone for 6. Over and over and over.