Falcons Forum Falcon Cowboy NFCCG thread

SyCOLA

Reaction score
i think it's kind of silly that falcon fans are already talking about next week's opponent. anything could happen tomorrow. but then again, this board was already talking about the falcons a week before you played detriot..some fans are more confident than others.

I try really hard not to over think these sort of things. in 2010 we beat Greenbay, and ended up drawing them in the playoffs..i was already thinking about the NFC championship game because there was no way we would lose to them at home after already beating them.

Largent80

Reaction score
It's called VISION Sir Twatwaffle.

Our goals are much bigger than winning a single playoff game. Maybe someday, you and your team and fan base will get it.

SyCOLA

Reaction score
Largent80":655qa2to said:
It's called VISION Sir Twatwaffle.

Our goals are much bigger than winning a single playoff game. Maybe someday, you and your team and fan base will get it.
are you talking to me? whats with the insults? pretty rude

AustrianHawk

Reaction score
We had the same thing for the Falcons game before Seattle played the Lions, sooo...

FalconsFanNW

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3ibv208v said:
New England is significantly better than Atlanta.

Your view of your team is significantly out of whack. You are blinded by years of losing and a cute little winning streak.

Lets not forget, Seattle and Atlanta both lost 5 games this year. This teams are even at worst. Your only advantage is home field in a lame dome.

So is yours. This isn't 2013 anymore and your offense has been complete garbage for most of the season.

BTW... our home advantage is pretty significant all things considered.

As for NE.. I'm not thinking that far ahead yet.

Sgt. Largent":3ibv208v said:
johnnyfever":3ibv208v said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the falcons in their last 6 games play 5 opponents with losing records, and lose to the only team with a winning one? Something like that anyway.-

Kinda like the Hawks last 5 games against 4 losing teams and losing to one of them.........at home, for the #2 seed.

Not sure where all this Falcons stink and we're awesome stuff is coming from.

Hawks have a good chance Saturday, but other than a bad Lions team that limped into the playoffs, we haven't beaten anyone since the Patriots game.

Gotta tip my cap to Sgt. Largent on this one.

:mrgreen:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
johnnyfever":kzehbgua said:
Sgt. Largent":kzehbgua said:
johnnyfever":kzehbgua said:
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the falcons in their last 6 games play 5 opponents with losing records, and lose to the only team with a winning one? Something like that anyway.-

Kinda like the Hawks last 5 games against 4 losing teams and losing to one of them.........at home, for the #2 seed.

Hawks have a good chance Saturday, but other than a bad Lions team that limped into the playoffs, we haven't beaten anyone since the Patriots game.

I don't see where I said we were awesome Largent, maybe pay more attention.

I do however see both our fans on this board and these falconers acting like the falcons are untouchable.

But I read.

And more importantly, we totally controlled them for 3 quarters of game 6, totally shit the bed in 1 quarter and still won right? I honestly don't think the falcons are that good. On paper they have good stats, but they aren't a hard team to control as if you shut ryan down thats all she wrote. And their defense? What defense.

I am way more confident playing the falcons than I was the friggin rams this year. Saturday can't come soon enough to clear the board of all these falconers.

I paraphrased, but it's exactly what you're saying.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":uexszpfv said:
Hawkpower":uexszpfv said:
New England is significantly better than Atlanta.

Your view of your team is significantly out of whack. You are blinded by years of losing and a cute little winning streak.

Lets not forget, Seattle and Atlanta both lost 5 games this year. This teams are even at worst. Your only advantage is home field in a lame dome.

So is yours. This isn't 2013 anymore and your offense has been complete garbage for most of the season.

BTW... our home advantage is pretty significant all things considered.

As for NE.. I'm not thinking that far ahead yet.

Sgt. Largent":uexszpfv said:
johnnyfever":uexszpfv said:

Gotta tip my cap to Sgt. Largent on this one.

:mrgreen:

Man, if our offense has been complete garbage all year, our defense MUST be epic then to have the same lofty mighty record Atlanta does.

Must be 2013 level after all!

Thanks for clearing that up.

irocdave

Reaction score
Hawkpower":ep0abokm said:
Ad Hawk":ep0abokm said:
FalconsFanNW":ep0abokm said:
Hawk_Nation":ep0abokm said:
Who had a better offensive season as a whole? The 2013 Broncos or the 2016 Falcons?

:stirthepot:

2013 Broncos

606 pts
7317 yds
55 passing TD
16 rushing TD

2016 Falcons

540 pts
6653 yds
38 passing TD
20 rushing TD

Totally cool with it too. Different teams altogether... much like the 2013 and 2016 Seahawks.

Please tell exactly how "altogether" different the Hawks defense is compared to 2013, personnel-wise. Compare position by position, please.

For obvious reasons, this guy has been playing up the "this isnt the 2013 Seahawks" for two weeks now.

Since the 2013 Falcons were trash, he may not have watched football that year and realized that the 2013 Seahawks had some ugly wins over terrible teams and played awful at times during that season. He seems to think that because we also played awful at times this year, the team isn't as good.

The 2016 Seahawks have every capability that the 2013 team did. It will be tougher on the road, but its not because personnel wise they dont have the same chops.

But I can understand why NW wants to push that narrative.

Except for the offensive line, Lynch, a consistent run based offense, a consistent smothering defensive backfield and consistently great special team play and kicking game. Other than that, yea this years hawks have more capability than that 2013 team had.

Tomorrows game is going to be a white knuckle ride for both fanbases.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
:stirthepot:[/quote]

2013 Broncos

606 pts
7317 yds
55 passing TD
16 rushing TD

2016 Falcons

540 pts
6653 yds
38 passing TD
20 rushing TD

Totally cool with it too. Different teams altogether... much like the 2013 and 2016 Seahawks.[/quote]

Please tell exactly how "altogether" different the Hawks defense is compared to 2013, personnel-wise. Compare position by position, please.[/quote]

For obvious reasons, this guy has been playing up the "this isnt the 2013 Seahawks" for two weeks now.

Since the 2013 Falcons were trash, he may not have watched football that year and realized that the 2013 Seahawks had some ugly wins over terrible teams and played awful at times during that season. He seems to think that because we also played awful at times this year, the team isn't as good.

The 2016 Seahawks have every capability that the 2013 team did. It will be tougher on the road, but its not because personnel wise they dont have the same chops.

But I can understand why NW wants to push that narrative.[/quote]

Except for the offensive line, Lynch, a consistent run based offense, a consistent smothering defensive backfield and consistently great special team play and kicking game. Other than that, yea this years hawks have more capability than that 2013 team had.

Tomorrows game is going to be a white knuckle ride for both fanbases.[/quote]

You are so busy playing nice with the Falcons that you didnt read my post.

I said that although the road will be tougher, the 2016 team has every opportunity to win the Super Bowl just like the 2013 team did, and I also rightfully pointed out that the 2013 team struggled at times as well.

Go ahead and point out what is wrong with my statement.

Thanks

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
FalconsFanNW":3i4dcykb said:
Ad Hawk":3i4dcykb said:
Please tell exactly how "altogether" different the Hawks defense is compared to 2013, personnel-wise. Compare position by position, please.

No Earl Thomas
No Chris Clemons
No Bruce Irvin
No Red Bryant
No Brandon Mebane

2013 - 39 takeaways
2016 - 19 takeaways

Players come and go but lets not pretend it's the same D.

Zombie Hawk":3i4dcykb said:
Damn man, give it a rest.

Can't... it's a good time to be an Atlanta fan.

With the exception of Earl, we've upgraded every position you stated.

Atradees

Reaction score
300-023.jpg

Give them nothing; but take from them Everything.....

The Falcons dont know anything about winning playoff games or they would have boosted their defense.

The Atlanta Falcon's season ends Saturday.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines

Sealake80

Reaction score
Can't rest because its a good time to be a Falcons fan? So your over here with us eh?

You will prob fall asleep real early tomorrow evening. My guess is Falcons crash and burn against this team in the playoffs this time.

If you are sooooooo confident... why are you wasting your time here. Prepare to see your precious QB engulfed. Thats what Im saying. Eaten. Our D Line is about to make a snack out of another "really great" offense.