Huskies At Boise

hawkfan68

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2u9dfvwe said:
Hope uw coaches are watching the ducks game. They're putting on an offensive clinic for them.

Is Eastern Washington a top 25, Div 1 school? Didn't think so. The Huskies didn't win but at least played close with Boise St last night. If Oregon doesn't beat EWU by at least 30+, then I'd say they underperformed. But not as bad as the Cougs losing to Portland State. It's one thing to gloat if you're beating the likes of Alabama or Ohio State but puffing your chest while beating EWU....when by all accounts they should, doesn't mean much. The Huskies beat EWU last year when EWU had Vernon Adams as their QB. The UW QB was Cyler Miles. Miles led Huskies scored 59 points on EWU. Just saying.

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
CPHawk":3cg2g7mb said:
dumbrabbit":3cg2g7mb said:
I'll start off by saying that I'm a Bronco fan. Went to the game. Jake Browning has a lot of potential. If that punt return for a TD never happened, I wonder what would have happened. More than likely it could have been a rout, and Jake Browning probably doesn't get his credit.

He's a true freshman, he made a few mistakes but, in my opinion, he played much better than Ryan Finley. I thought Finley did decent but our o-line felt like a Seahawks game. They just kept opening holes for the defense. The whole game felt choppy. BSU should have dominated. It could have been worse for UW.

I thought for sure it would be a rout, I mean, it was 16-0 at halftime. But you can never count out Pete's teams.

The reason Pete lost a lot last year was because he didn't have his own personnel on the field. He was trying to get a feel for guys that he didn't recruit. And it also hurt that Cyler Miles was his QB. I think he'll win more games this year.

Anyway, I'm a UW fan now for the rest of the season.

Of course you're a husky fan the rest of the year, because you don't want your biggest win to be against a 3 win team.

Are you serious man?

I'm a Husky fan because Chris Petersen used to coach here. Our program wouldn't be where it is today without him. He needs a couple years to get his own personel on his team. The reason he was so successful his first two years was because he was the OC for several years before he became the head coach, so he knew the personnel he had and he knew how to use them effectively.

Tical21

Reaction score
dumbrabbit":1nsxbmjn said:
CPHawk":1nsxbmjn said:
dumbrabbit":1nsxbmjn said:
I'll start off by saying that I'm a Bronco fan. Went to the game. Jake Browning has a lot of potential. If that punt return for a TD never happened, I wonder what would have happened. More than likely it could have been a rout, and Jake Browning probably doesn't get his credit.

He's a true freshman, he made a few mistakes but, in my opinion, he played much better than Ryan Finley. I thought Finley did decent but our o-line felt like a Seahawks game. They just kept opening holes for the defense. The whole game felt choppy. BSU should have dominated. It could have been worse for UW.

I thought for sure it would be a rout, I mean, it was 16-0 at halftime. But you can never count out Pete's teams.

The reason Pete lost a lot last year was because he didn't have his own personnel on the field. He was trying to get a feel for guys that he didn't recruit. And it also hurt that Cyler Miles was his QB. I think he'll win more games this year.

Anyway, I'm a UW fan now for the rest of the season.

Of course you're a husky fan the rest of the year, because you don't want your biggest win to be against a 3 win team.

Are you serious man?

I'm a Husky fan because Chris Petersen used to coach here. Our program wouldn't be where it is today without him. He needs a couple years to get his own personel on his team. The reason he was so successful his first two years was because he was the OC for several years before he became the head coach, so he knew the personnel he had and he knew how to use them effectively.
Neuheisel said this week he thinks there's a chance Petersen goes back to Boise next season. I know I'm suppose to wait for him to have his classes come through and everything, but I've seen enough. I don't think there is such thing as an "offensive guru" that takes weeks to put together the game plan we watched last night. Can you really close your eyes and see any offensive coach literally not throwing an intermediate pass until the 4th quarter and NEVER throwing a deep pass? Not one? He's got no backbone. Sark, with a true freshman QB, a suspect line and young receivers, would have found ways to look much better than we just did. Heck, he made Jake Locker look halfway decent. You guys can tell me to be patient, but every year he is here is a year wasted year. I've seen enough.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Good to see Husky fans still think their program is better than what it actually is

EDSBS-Les-Miles-Clap.gif

It's not 1991 anymore.. this program will be fortunate to hit 7-9 wins a year. Sorry folks. Let Petersen get his system and players in place, maybe every now and then he surprises and puts you in contention for a P12 division title.. but for the most part, those seasons you hated under Sark are pretty much your peak for the foreseeable future.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Boise coaches have a solid tradition going, and it looks like Pete will keep it up. There is a reason UO wouldn't even interview him when the hired Helf.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CPHawk":da8p3a7r said:
Boise coaches have a solid tradition going, and it looks like Pete will keep it up. There is a reason UO wouldn't even interview him when the hired Helf.
Peterson told Oregon no, so I guess that's the reason

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
This thread is pretty funny, just a bunch of ducks wishing they had a national championship and usc bandwagon fans who will probably be cheering for Alabama by the time the year is over. Carry on

CPHawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":28tx32mm said:
CPHawk":28tx32mm said:

Not true at all. UO didn't even call him back, they had Helf tabbed as the guy before chip even left the building. It's funny how people outside of Oregon think they know what went down. The people inside Oregon we rent interested in going backwards and having a coach who wouldn't keep running Chips style of O.

Your story holds as much water as husky fans believing UO offered Browning. He doesn't fit our system and is slow as a snail, UO didn't want him.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CPHawk":34w9bdbm said:
Hawkfan77":34w9bdbm said:
CPHawk":34w9bdbm said:

Not true at all. UO didn't even call him back, they had Helf tabbed as the guy before chip
Even left the building. It's funny how people outside of Oregon think they know what went down. The people inside Oregon we rent interested in going backwards and having a coach who wouldn't keep running Chips style of O.
Didn't call him back? You've got some off revisionist history going on here. What's next? You'll tell us Oregon actually did beat Ohio st in the national championship game?

The truth is he said no to Oregon. But then again, in the mind of a duck fan, no one would ever do tha to such a "prestigious" place like Oregon.

CPHawk

Reaction score
That's your right to believe whatever you want. But unlike you, and J knows I have good sources, I'm 100% telling you UO didn't want or offer the job to Pete. When chip almost took the Tampa job, Helf was set to be announced that next morning, the UO knew chip would leave and wanted to maintain the culture he had set up. They never thought about going out of house for a HC.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":2fluqkg7 said:
This thread is pretty funny, just a bunch of ducks wishing they had a national championship and usc bandwagon fans who will probably be cheering for Alabama by the time the year is over. Carry on

Or a fan base that thinks they're on the level of those three programs.

But that's none of my business

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I believe that the Oregon Ducks offered the job to 3 individuals knowing that who they wanted was who they picked. It is in the rules that they have to OFFER the job out for consideration to perspectives and then hire who they want that fits. I believe that Petersen had no inclinations of going to that school. I seem to recall that being the case. I think that is what the reporters said that covered this situation prior to Petersen being selected to Washington head coaching position.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1o55716s said:
Hawkfan77":1o55716s said:

Or a fan base that thinks they're on the level of those three programs.

But that's none of my business
Oh really? Who?

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
CPHawk":24sunzh4 said:
That's your right to believe whatever you want. But unlike you, and J knows I have good sources, I'm 100% telling you UO didn't want or offer the job to Pete. When chip almost took the Tampa job, Helf was set to be announced that next morning, the UO knew chip would leave and wanted to maintain the culture he had set up. They never thought about going out of house for a HC.
Unlike me? You have no idea who my connections are. He said no to oregon

Tical21

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1nfyjxks said:
Good to see Husky fans still think their program is better than what it actually is

EDSBS-Les-Miles-Clap.gif

It's not 1991 anymore.. this program will be fortunate to hit 7-9 wins a year. Sorry folks. Let Petersen get his system and players in place, maybe every now and then he surprises and puts you in contention for a P12 division title.. but for the most part, those seasons you hated under Sark are pretty much your peak for the foreseeable future.
Not necessarily. The key to success is finding the right coach. Find the right coach, you can win big quickly, anywhere. Could be worse. We could be underperforming on a yearly basis in the football mecca.