Hypothetical Trade...

massari

Reaction score
As of rite now, the Raiders hold the #1 and #13 picks. Anyone who wouldn't consider Car+those two picks are complete Seahawks homers. If there's a stud QB in this draft class I would probably take a chance with him and Carr+pick #13, but apparently there isn't. So we should hang on to Wilson.

Ambrose83":2vkandsq said:
Stupid.... No... What is wrong with some of you " fans"
You have a Seahawk tattoo and you're asking what's wrong with some of us? For asking a question?

Giphy

Steve2222

Reaction score
Carr’s Cap hit is 4million more than Russell, and is not even close to the same realm of QB as Russell. That alone would make this trade terrible, even if you threw in a few more first.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
DomeHawk":2s2hdibm said:
I'm done with trades for now, build from the draft.

We got CC and David Moore in the 7th rd (not to mention many others), there are plenty of good players to be had.

And, w/o RW we would SOL.

If you like 7th round picks we could trade those two firsts and own the entire 7th

jon70

Reaction score
Only if they toss in Lynch and Cable to boot

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Hawker8989":1tik2mvc said:
Russell Wilson to Oakland for Carr & two 1sts.

Would y'all do it?
We should trade anyone who proposes a Wilson trade to Seahawkblue forum for CHawk Bob. It would be worth it. He brings worthy information.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros":34qtn3ek said:
Can we trade some fans to other fanbases instead? :stirthepot:

I’m in for an outright release. Last off-season we dumped some malcontents in players. Can we do that with “fans”?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
massari":17jze508 said:
As of rite now, the Raiders hold the #1 and #13 picks. Anyone who wouldn't consider Car+those two picks are complete Seahawks homers. If there's a stud QB in this draft class I would probably take a chance with him and Carr+pick #13, but apparently there isn't. So we should hang on to Wilson.

Ambrose83":17jze508 said:
Stupid.... No... What is wrong with some of you " fans"
You have a Seahawk tattoo and you're asking what's wrong with some of us? For asking a question?

Giphy

There is no such thing as a stud QB in the draft. The NFL is littered with "can't miss" NFL QB prospects that clearly missed the mark by a lot. Every pick, literally every darn pick, is a crap shoot. Trading a proven stud for a potential stud is a pile of false hope and "grass is always greener" thinking.

And why is having a Seahawks tattoo more stupid than an idiotic question? Most tattoos are incredibly pointless. Tattoos should represent meaningful parts of our lives. The Seahawks are an important part of many folks lives. I don't find that stupid at all.

Rat

Reaction score
I wouldn't want Carr. The Raiders are going to end up with a top 3 pick though, and in today's NFL, there is no greater advantage than having a good QB that isn't taking up half your cap space. You have to hit on that QB, but I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to taking a similar gamble.

rjas77

Reaction score
Hawker8989":3gcoonpg said:

Would y'all do it?

You Bet! Being that Oakland will likely get the first pick this year and next...why not?

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
rjas77":2zrbw05p said:
Hawker8989":2zrbw05p said:

Would y'all do it?

You Bet! Being that Oakland will likely get the first pick this year and next...why not?

Why not?! Can you guarantee that whoever is picked is going to be a stud? No! If I didn’t need to go baste the turkey, I’d give you a list of high draft picks that have been busts. Ever heard of the phrase, “a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush”?

Anajimmc

Reaction score
Hawker8989":cls1o57v said:

Would y'all do it?
I'm John Gruden, I approve this trade.

poly1274

Reaction score
Would trade RW for 2 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick. But no Carr.

Im sure Jags would trade 3 1st round picks for RW.

poly1274

Reaction score
rjas77":1wq865ip said:
Hawker8989":1wq865ip said:

Would y'all do it?

But how are you gonna remove Carr's contract? He's not gonna be FA till 2023.

gabel

Reaction score
But why though? The only argument against keeping Russ is that he isn't worth 30+ million a year, especially under Pete. You're not only trading Russ for a QB that is objectively worse, but also a QB that has an extremely high salary. No, no, and no.

I think this would be a great trade. There has to be some descending veiws. As Russ slows with age, he will be less effective he is probably at his peak value.
If you look at Carr's cap numbers going forward the worst year is 22.5 million. He received a signing bonus of 12.5 million on a 125 million 5-year contract.

evergreen

Reaction score
The problem is Derek Carr sucks now. I know Wilson is a little off now, but that’s for him. He’s light years beyond Carr and if he gets right we can beat anyone.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
evergreen":2fxnv1hr said:
The problem is Derek Carr sucks now. I know Wilson is a little off now, but that’s for him. He’s light years beyond Carr and if he gets right we can beat anyone.

A little off? He’s tied for 5th most TDs with 23 and 6th in QB rating with a 110.2 which is his highest rating ever. Is there some alternate universe with another Russell Wilson that I’m not aware of? There isn’t a single QB now or in the past who has had some “off” plays.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":2t9mzdxx said:
evergreen":2t9mzdxx said:

A little off? He’s tied for 5th most TDs with 23 and 6th in QB rating with a 110.2 which is his highest rating ever. Is there some alternate universe with another Russell Wilson that I’m not aware of? There isn’t a single QB now or in the past who has had some “off” plays.

Right? He’s on point for his best passing TD season ever. Tossed a perfect game. I’ll keep him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts