Hypothetical Trade...

massari

Reaction score
Mad Dog":2agjoxxe said:
massari":2agjoxxe said:
As of rite now, the Raiders hold the #1 and #13 picks. Anyone who wouldn't consider Car+those two picks are complete Seahawks homers. If there's a stud QB in this draft class I would probably take a chance with him and Carr+pick #13, but apparently there isn't. So we should hang on to Wilson.

Ambrose83":2agjoxxe said:
Stupid.... No... What is wrong with some of you " fans"
You have a Seahawk tattoo and you're asking what's wrong with some of us? For asking a question?

Giphy

There is no such thing as a stud QB in the draft. The NFL is littered with "can't miss" NFL QB prospects that clearly missed the mark by a lot. Every pick, literally every darn pick, is a crap shoot. Trading a proven stud for a potential stud is a pile of false hope and "grass is always greener" thinking.

And why is having a Seahawks tattoo more stupid than an idiotic question? Most tattoos are incredibly pointless. Tattoos should represent meaningful parts of our lives. The Seahawks are an important part of many folks lives. I don't find that stupid at all.
If you read my post carefully, Mad Dog, you'll see it says "If there's a stud QB in this draft class I would probably take a CHANCE with him and Carr+pick #13". A stud QB at the draft means a guy with the necessary tools to become great. Not give the guy his hall of fame jacket rite now.

This wasn't an idiotic question, but even if it was, this tattoo says a lot more about you than a single question. Let's leave it there.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I don't quite understand why there's so much angst around Russ from both sides. He's 100% Pete's guy and Pete isn't going anywhere. If you have doubts about the relationship there just watch any press conference over the last six seasons where Pete mentions Russ or Russ talks about Pete's philosophy. For some reason, this board has posters on both sides who think they can help either Pete or Russ out by blaming the offensive woes on the other one when in reality they are both on the same side.

More importantly, the conversation about Russ's contract could be interesting if we had a promising young and cheap replacement. Unless you think that's Alex McGough then we don't have one of those right now and "finding a QB later" is neither reliable nor routinely successful in the NFL. Think about the times when good QBs have actually changed teams in the NFL. One of the major factors is always that the old team thought they had a replacement QB ready to go. You don't just trade a top 10 QB away with the plan of replacing them down the road somehow.

In my view backup/developmental QB is the position worth a larger debate next off-season. We've been under investing in that area for understandable reasons but it will eventually catch up with us.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Nobody remembers Dante Culpepper(Vikings)?He came right in as a rookie.
Had a good D.OL,RB and WR's and they got to the NFC Championship and
lost on a missed FG if memory serves..

Sure I know he had a fast Moss on one side and Carter on the other..
I won my fantasy football that year using all of the Vikings :D
The point is I gambled since I drew the last pick and it paid off.

You can gamble like the Vikes did that year if you have a team set up
around that QB..Our big fast WR we have never had would be huge
in this case after the QB of course but that is what scouting is for.

For your imfo,I am basing this off a trade for 2-3 high picks for RW.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Does anyone ACTUALLY think Russ would go play behind a Tom Cable O-line again? Someone tries to make that deal and Russ goes to the baseball diamond hahah. This thread is a joke.

Seymour

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":2fxued19 said:
Does anyone ACTUALLY think Russ would go play behind a Tom Cable O-line again? Someone tries to make that deal and Russ goes to the baseball diamond hahah. This thread is a joke.

I know that was meant as a joke, but Russell cannot make a living playing baseball....period. So that only makes the joke of a thread worse.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Seymour":2ji5g6r0 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":2ji5g6r0 said:

I know that was meant as a joke, but Russell cannot make a living playing baseball....period. So that only makes the joke of a thread worse.

Exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chawx

Reaction score
Hawker8989":3ids9fz2 said:
Russell Wilson to Oakland for Carr & two 1sts.

Would y'all do it?

Interesting. But, what makes you think this front office can draft useful 1st rounders? I'd rather keep a top 5 QB in the league instead of getting an overpaid bottom half QB with two "potentially great, but given our draft history most likely will be mid-tier" players. Thanks though. :2thumbs:

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
I don't know. I don't know how to choose between a ridiculously generous trade offer and the ridiculousness of trading a great QB. I mean, even if you don't want Carr and his salary, you could probably get a 2nd or 3rd rounder for him. Even if you aren't in love with QBs we could draft in the early first round the next two seasons, some teams will and might net us another 1st rounder by trading up to get their guy. There's so much potential to get better off the trade with the sole caveat of how badly it could backfire.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Remember when the whole league thought RG3 was ‘the guy’ for the that draft, Aaron Curry a can’t miss prospect, and the Rams got zip from their 3-1st round picks in the RG3 trade. Simply put there is no certainty with the draft and Carr isn’t Wilson or frankly even close to as talented as Wilson.

In response to the question posed by the thread. I am a total homer but even for three 1st round picks I wouldn’t do that deal, because RW is a franchise QB and he is an elite QB. No doubt for sure at times he starts slow but he’s finisher. I don’t want to turn back the clock. No deal for me!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
jammerhawk":i6k7386r said:
Remember when the whole league thought RG3 was ‘the guy’ for the that draft, Aaron Curry a can’t miss prospect, and the Rams got zip from their 3-1st round picks in the RG3 trade. Simply put there is no certainty with the draft and Carr isn’t Wilson or frankly even close to as talented as Wilson.

In response to the question posed by the thread. I am a total homer but even for three 1st round picks I wouldn’t do that deal, because RW is a franchise QB and he is an elite QB. No doubt for sure at times he starts slow but he’s finisher. I don’t want to turn back the clock. No deal for me!

EXACTLY

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":1q70esrj said:
rjas77":1q70esrj said:
Hawker8989":1q70esrj said:
Russell Wilson to Oakland for Carr & two 1sts.

Would y'all do it?

You Bet! Being that Oakland will likely get the first pick this year and next...why not?

Why not?! Can you guarantee that whoever is picked is going to be a stud? No! If I didn’t need to go baste the turkey, I’d give you a list of high draft picks that have been busts. Ever heard of the phrase, “a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush”?

There's a point at which that logic fails, though. The #1 pick in the hands of a contender is an entirely different story in terms of the ability to secure a quality QB. Most teams that pick #1 are low in talent and coaching quality, and they chuck the QB into the melee and kill him. This team doesn't have that problem. Unlike most #1 picks, this QB would be going to a near-contender.

Unfortunately, this draft doesn't have such a QB. But then you consider Carr and whether HE would play well behind this line. He was terrific just two years ago and is suffering at least partially because of Cable now. Yeah, he's expensive. Wilson's about to be expensive, too.

Besides, in Pete and John's hands, the #1 pick immediately becomes a #4 and an additional pick in the #12-#15 range, while still keeping Oakland's #13. So the OP's scenario is really talking about three first-round picks in the top 15 (or more likely, the lower picks dropping to the 20-32 range and netting an extra pair of mid-second-rounders), all without that highest pick ever leaving the top 5. That's a franchise-altering deal, especially when that draft is rich in an area we're relatively poor (DL).

For just two first-rounders and Carr, no, Wilson's probably the better bet.

For three and Carr? You seriously consider taking that deal and bypassing the risk of a possible long painful goodbye of a QB who's about to be astronomically expensive himself and who still has not confirmed that he'll be able to consistently QB well without running, any more than Aaron Rodgers has. He came through against Green Bay, but we'll be yelling for his head if he lays an egg again against Carolina.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
massari":184h1lch said:
Mad Dog":184h1lch said:
massari":184h1lch said:
As of rite now, the Raiders hold the #1 and #13 picks. Anyone who wouldn't consider Car+those two picks are complete Seahawks homers. If there's a stud QB in this draft class I would probably take a chance with him and Carr+pick #13, but apparently there isn't. So we should hang on to Wilson.

Ambrose83":184h1lch said:
Stupid.... No... What is wrong with some of you " fans"
You have a Seahawk tattoo and you're asking what's wrong with some of us? For asking a question?

Giphy

There is no such thing as a stud QB in the draft. The NFL is littered with "can't miss" NFL QB prospects that clearly missed the mark by a lot. Every pick, literally every darn pick, is a crap shoot. Trading a proven stud for a potential stud is a pile of false hope and "grass is always greener" thinking.

And why is having a Seahawks tattoo more stupid than an idiotic question? Most tattoos are incredibly pointless. Tattoos should represent meaningful parts of our lives. The Seahawks are an important part of many folks lives. I don't find that stupid at all.
If you read my post carefully, Mad Dog, you'll see it says "If there's a stud QB in this draft class I would probably take a CHANCE with him and Carr+pick #13". A stud QB at the draft means a guy with the necessary tools to become great. Not give the guy his hall of fame jacket rite now.

This wasn't an idiotic question, but even if it was, this tattoo says a lot more about you than a single question. Let's leave it there.

Please enlighten me to what my tattoo says about me? Aside from being a huge fan of the hawks since my family grew up here and we had season tickets from the very beginning . I grew up only knowing the hawks ..... But go on...

Tinymac2

Reaction score
No, unless Russ wants out. If he's leaving anyway, take the compensation.. but I see no reason to trade him for a guy who doesn't fit our system and is fairly expensive.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Hypothetical trade:

A smaller shovel and two other garden implements to be name at later date.....

.....For the current shovel that you’re hitting yourself in the face with.
You hit yourself with this shovel simply because it feels good when you stop.

Hypothetically of course, would you trade?

Bandwagon76

Reaction score
If I were given the choice between Carr and 2 1sts Vs just 2 1sts, I’d pick the latter if that gives you an idea of what I think about this high pathetic ill trade idea

evergreen

Reaction score
I got bashed for pointing out what we can all see and that’s Russell is not quite right at times. These are the times when it’s time to win. Like the end of the Denver game. Sure better refs and running could’ve won that game. So would elite Qb play. The pic 6s must not be a part of his highest rating. Including the strip sack against the Rams and missing on 4th down? The old Russell might’ve had one of those. There are multiple times in critical situations where he missed open receivers. The old Russ didn’t do that. Except against AZ. These examples aren’t against Az. Sorry but we are elite Russell from being 8-2 or 7-3.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The real hypothetical here is what would Russell Wilson look like with the Super Crown. Im asking for a friend.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Aros":1711sv4c said:
Can we trade some fans to other fanbases instead? :stirthepot:

Maybe we could but not sure we would get much in return for them.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
After today's game, and Russ's clutch throws from the pocket, no. No, I wouldn't trade him. Period.

Latest posts