Hypothetical Trade...

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Hawker8989":1q52f4u4 said:
Russell Wilson to Oakland for Carr & two 1sts.

Would y'all do it?

Do you care to answer your own question?

Ambrose83

Reaction score
Ambrose83":25i5ryko said:
massari":25i5ryko said:
Mad Dog":25i5ryko said:
massari":25i5ryko said:
As of rite now, the Raiders hold the #1 and #13 picks. Anyone who wouldn't consider Car+those two picks are complete Seahawks homers. If there's a stud QB in this draft class I would probably take a chance with him and Carr+pick #13, but apparently there isn't. So we should hang on to Wilson.

You have a Seahawk tattoo and you're asking what's wrong with some of us? For asking a question?

Giphy

There is no such thing as a stud QB in the draft. The NFL is littered with "can't miss" NFL QB prospects that clearly missed the mark by a lot. Every pick, literally every darn pick, is a crap shoot. Trading a proven stud for a potential stud is a pile of false hope and "grass is always greener" thinking.

And why is having a Seahawks tattoo more stupid than an idiotic question? Most tattoos are incredibly pointless. Tattoos should represent meaningful parts of our lives. The Seahawks are an important part of many folks lives. I don't find that stupid at all.
If you read my post carefully, Mad Dog, you'll see it says "If there's a stud QB in this draft class I would probably take a CHANCE with him and Carr+pick #13". A stud QB at the draft means a guy with the necessary tools to become great. Not give the guy his hall of fame jacket rite now.

This wasn't an idiotic question, but even if it was, this tattoo says a lot more about you than a single question. Let's leave it there.

Please enlighten me to what my tattoo says about me? Aside from being a huge fan of the hawks since my family grew up here and we had season tickets from the very beginning . I grew up only knowing the hawks ..... But go on...

Im waiting ......

Scorpion05

Reaction score
massari":2hqrlvj4 said:
As of rite now, the Raiders hold the #1 and #13 picks. Anyone who wouldn't consider Car+those two picks are complete Seahawks homers. If there's a stud QB in this draft class I would probably take a chance with him and Carr+pick #13, but apparently there isn't. So we should hang on to Wilson.

Ambrose83":2hqrlvj4 said:
Stupid.... No... What is wrong with some of you " fans"
You have a Seahawk tattoo and you're asking what's wrong with some of us? For asking a question?

Giphy

Well with that deluded mindset you shouldn’t run a team. Any GM worth his salt KNOWS Russ is a top 5 QB. And you don’t just pick up “studs” in the draft.

Research all the 1st round QBs of the past 5 years and tell me what percentage of them are considered even remotely elite. Some of you really think this is madden, and you overhype the draft when only an extreme minority become “studs”

Rat

Reaction score
Russ is a tremendous player. A true franchise QB.

That being said, I still think it's fair to discuss whether using such a ridiculous percentage of your cap on one player is the best use of resources in today's NFL. I lean strongly towards just giving him what we need to, but I don't think the opposing school of thought is completely absurd either.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Rat":3qoqrz3i said:
Russ is a tremendous player. A true franchise QB.

That being said, I still think it's fair to discuss whether using such a ridiculous percentage of your cap on one player is the best use of resources in today's NFL. I lean strongly towards just giving him what we need to, but I don't think the opposing school of thought is completely absurd either.

Sounds like you’re afraid of commitment.

:{)

olyfan63

Reaction score
Mad Dog":wh5d9tre said:
So with that trade you end up with a QB costing you 25 million a year hampering your cap and he's been terrible since he broke his leg. And 2 draft picks which might get you one stud player and one mediocre/washout.

So is Russ worth an average QB, a very good player and a bad player? We have shown you can remove 6 stud players from this defense and still win. Are you sure you can win without Wilson?

Pretty massive gamble that would cost everyone in the FO their job if it failed.

Post of the thread.
Just needs to be updated with the other post that Schneider & Carroll would turn #1 into a #4 and another 1st and 2nd rounder. That's intriguing. But still a bad idea.

Bad idea since Russell now has a decent O-Line, a capable OC, years of experience, and a running game.
Russell is poised to go into a series of Drew Brees years. Meaning the current incarnation of Brees.
We'd need to wait until Wilson becomes his version of an over-the-hill Eli Manning before even thinking about parting ways.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2kx4b38n said:
Dumb topic.

In defense of this thread, wouldn't the reception be a little better if this question was asked after the first two games with the Hawks at 0-2 and looking really clueless, and Russell throwing pick-6's in crunch time?

It's an entertaining topic, IMO, but such a timing-sensitive topic. Right now, all it does is reinforce Wilson's value to the team and the chemistry the offense is starting to show, and make the question sound ludicrous. Especially after the high of two wins in a row, over the Packers and Panthers, with Russell and the offense playing huge and making the difference.

Wilson looked way less special after game 2 vs. Bears.
Now we're all starting to assume that Schotty and Solari and Wilson and the whole O will simply continue on their positive trajectory, as they play together more and continue to gel. I confess I am. it's hard not to get excited about that.

But, as we all know, weird random schtuff can happen that torpedoes everything. I don't even want to mention that stuff, just to avoid jinxing. Injuries, non-specific, are always a factor. Pete's system relies on competition and developing depth and next man up, and Schotty seems to adapt fairly well so far, so, for example, losing Dissly, they put Fant into the TE rotation, and we get Dickson back, and then Vannett now seems to be stepping up more and more as well.

Let's keep Russell and enjoy his next 5 years at the helm of this offense, and maybe another Lombardi or two.
THEN, as Russell ages into his version of end-of-career Eli, it's time for "What would Belichick do?" OK, so what Belichick DID... was to keep his franchise QB Tom Brady and trade Jimmy Garoppolo. And before that, he kept Brady and traded other NE backup QBs for draft picks. Matt Cassell, etc.

Just bad timing for the topic. Interesting to think about though, and important to revisit from time to time, as one way of taking inventory of Wilson's value to the team, before each "next" contract.

DJ_CJ

Reaction score
How Russ is ever topic of somehow the thing “holding us back”/problem is completely utterly asinine. Trading him talk is right along same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk