Is Wilson still injured or just overweight?

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
King Dog":19x3j5n6 said:
LeftHandSmoke":19x3j5n6 said:
King Dog":19x3j5n6 said:
Boykin looked a lot faster out there which shouldn't be the case.
.. ?
Why shouldn't it be the case that Boykin looks faster than RW? Look at the kid, everything about it says 'Fast.'

Boykin 4.77 40
Wilson 4.55 40

Yeah before the 11 lbs Wilson put on. Id put my money on TB in a foot race now.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Wilson has been slower since pre-season so I don't think it's an injury.

andyh64000

Reaction score
Who hasn't gained weight just after getting married? I mean when you wake up would you rather get out of bed and venture out in the cold to work out or stay in your warm bed and have a less physically beneficial but far more enjoyable workout?

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
Age, money, and sympathy weight! Rich and happy will do that to anybody! Not why he's playing poorly though, I think he's hurt and will require off season surgery. We'll see.

NOLAHawk

Reaction score
andyh64000":1xxlsqs2 said:
Who hasn't gained weight just after getting married? I mean when you wake up would you rather get out of bed and venture out in the cold to work out or stay in your warm bed and have a less physically beneficial but far more enjoyable workout?

Huh. For 75MM, she outta be pushing his bowl of cheetos away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seymour

Reaction score
King Dog":36y45jkz said:
LeftHandSmoke":36y45jkz said:
King Dog":36y45jkz said:
.. ?
Why shouldn't it be the case that Boykin looks faster than RW? Look at the kid, everything about it says 'Fast.'

Boykin 4.77 40
Wilson 4.55 40

Exactly, someone gets it.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Seymour":5bzs6lyr said:
King Dog":5bzs6lyr said:
LeftHandSmoke":5bzs6lyr said:
King Dog":5bzs6lyr said:
.. ?

Boykin 4.77 40
Wilson 4.55 40

Wasn't that hard to get, which is more profound of the question in the first place.

I guess if you don't know your own damn team....

andyh64000

Reaction score
NOLAHawk":qoqyiwgy said:
andyh64000":qoqyiwgy said:

Huh. For 75MM, she outta be pushing his bowl of cheetos away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But most of that money is already in the bank...plus she brought some $$$ to the deal.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Wilson is not "overweight." That is absurd. He's no heavier than a Peyton Manning was, or Big Ben, or Matthew Stafford, or even a Dak Prescott

He's held to a high standard, which is understandable. I just wish people would just give the guy a break. He had a significant knee injury, he had a torn pec, and by fighting through all of that he has us in the playoffs. I say that's awesome

I'm not trying to play the super fan card or even suggest Wilson can't be critiqued, but I find this to be negative considering all Wilson's overcome this season. For all we know, if not for his new bulk of muscle(which comes with some fat) he may have been injured and done for the season. I see a guy that we always praised for being one of the better pocket QBs in the league and I think he's gonna tear through the playoffs.

minormillikin

Reaction score
It was just reported* that Russell Wilson is 5'2" and 350 lbs.

*Right here, by me, in this very post. Feel free to cite this as evidence in future threads/essays.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Seymour":3oopzehz said:
King Dog":3oopzehz said:
LeftHandSmoke":3oopzehz said:
King Dog":3oopzehz said:
.. ?

Boykin 4.77 40
Wilson 4.55 40

Gets what? Id bet my mortgage that RW couldn't run under 4.6 right now. He ran that 4.55 four and a half years ago and 11lbs lighter. Id also put money down that he weighs more than 215 as well.

Redsand187

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1az745cn said:
Wilson is not "overweight." That is absurd. He's no heavier than a Peyton Manning was, or Big Ben, or Matthew Stafford, or even a Dak Prescott

He's held to a high standard, which is understandable. I just wish people would just give the guy a break. He had a significant knee injury, he had a torn pec, and by fighting through all of that he has us in the playoffs. I say that's awesome

I'm not trying to play the super fan card or even suggest Wilson can't be critiqued, but I find this to be negative considering all Wilson's overcome this season. For all we know, if not for his new bulk of muscle(which comes with some fat) he may have been injured and done for the season. I see a guy that we always praised for being one of the better pocket QBs in the league and I think he's gonna tear through the playoffs.
He's also 6" shorter than Peyton and Ben.

Wilson isn't bad, but he's not the greatest ever to play the game. He's a team player, when the half of his team sucks, he can't make up for it.

No way Wilson or the Seahawks are going to tear through the playoffs. If they go anywhere it will because they scratched and clawed their way through. It will be a tough battle unless somehow the team magically transforms in the next week.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Redsand187":1slxt63r said:
Scorpion05":1slxt63r said:

He's also 6" shorter than Peyton and Ben.

Wilson isn't bad, but he's not the greatest ever to play the game. He's a team player, when the half of his team sucks, he can't make up for it.

No way Wilson or the Seahawks are going to tear through the playoffs. If they go anywhere it will because they scratched and clawed their way through. It will be a tough battle unless somehow the team magically transforms in the next week.

There is no player/QB in NFL history that has put up the numbers Wilson has and is still casually dismissed by fans like yourself

Okay fine, so he's shorter than the Qbs I mentioned. His numbers in the pocket says that doesn't make that much of a difference however, so I don't see the point you're making

Wilson is a lot more than "isn't bad." He's one of the best Qbs in the league and has gotten little respect for it. Never said he was the greatest to play the game, just that he's great. Which is. This is statistically undebatable, and obvious to most fair minded NFL observers. The team is the number 3 seed and beat some of the best teams in the league this season. Our big play ability and offensive talent means no one will sleep on us. We're capable of beating any team in the NFC. No magical transformation needed.

sc85sis

Reaction score
The six inches difference in height matters when comparing Russ' weight to those guys.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
Watching the Rain City Miracle yesterday, it struck me how much slimmer/sleaker was a few seasons ago.

He isn't "fat". I think he bulked up to protect himself this season absorbing all the blows. I expect he is going to go back to the slimmer/speedier version of himself this off-season.

The knee brace hasn't helped either, even though they like to dismiss it as a non-factor.

He definitely looks more plodding.

Also, I think his pec injury was a lot worse than we know of. I think that is what has affected his accuracy. I would not be surprised to hear more about it after the season, not unlike his shoulder a couple of seasons ago.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Ya he needs to get on that 30/10 plan ASAP . Its pretty obvious he bulked up to help sustain the hits

I don't suppose the ankle and knee injury has nothing to do with him looking a bit slower this year?

U0ixdps

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":3508w7i5 said:
Ya he needs to get on that 30/10 plan ASAP . Its pretty obvious he bulked up to help sustain the hits

I don't suppose the ankle and knee injury has nothing to do with him looking a bit slower this year?

He probably was also limited in what he could do working out with his injuries as well. He did bulk up in off season but then got dinged with injuries. A one two punch for weight. Bulking up seems like a good idea but to me more injuries have nothing to do with bulk. In his case being more elusive would be more beneficial to staying healthy. Especially with this O line.