Its time to panic on the offensive line....

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Without reading through the thread, so I can't read the apologist.... Yeah, those 5 guys are the reason we will not return to the SB this year... Even if Russ survives. Would'a been nice to spread at least a little money around on the oline this off-season... We should consider ourselves lucky to make the wild card. Lessons learned John and Pete.... I am SO looking forward to an actual "good" team... :sarcasm_off:

Seafan

Reaction score
Greenhell":3htk7gyb said:

That's the quote by the football to RW. Yes that would be great.

RW holds the ball too long and that is part of the problem. He has huge hands and fumbled twice. Unacceptable.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
If they need someone to step in and not block, I'm just saying, I'll do it for half the salary those guys are asking for. I could at least free up some cap space.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
BlueThunder":3kzdkbv7 said:
Without reading through the thread, so I can't read the apologist.... Yeah, those 5 guys are the reason we will not return to the SB this year... Even if Russ survives. Would'a been nice to spread at least a little money around on the oline this off-season... We should consider ourselves lucky to make the wild card. Lessons learned John and Pete....

Where is the money coming from?

When we have the money invested in QB, etc. that we do, there are going to be holes elsewhere.

We are attempting to patch an oline together because with the roster construction currently its our only choice.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1x3h4v44 said:
BlueThunder":1x3h4v44 said:
Without reading through the thread, so I can't read the apologist.... Yeah, those 5 guys are the reason we will not return to the SB this year... Even if Russ survives. Would'a been nice to spread at least a little money around on the oline this off-season... We should consider ourselves lucky to make the wild card. Lessons learned John and Pete....

Where is the money coming from?

When we have the money invested in QB, etc. that we do, there are going to be holes elsewhere.

We are attempting to patch an oline together because with the roster construction currently its our only choice.

They could at least assign o-linemen to the o-line. I'm so sick of the cutesy reclamation project crap. It's not clever, it's just failing.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I know Russ fumbled twice, but without him there are 16 sacks this game. ouch.

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
You're telling me Bailey, Glowinski, Lewis, Poole couldn't provide something better?

Can Tukuafu play tackle?

iigakusei

Reaction score
I get that they want continuity, but it is really time to try some other players. Nowak and Britt need to take a seat for a game. It actually looks like they are getting worse.

jacobsod

Reaction score
I thought last week's O-line performance was bad..

GAWD, that was PAINFUL to watch!! :180670: Eww..

Vesuve

Reaction score
jacobsod":2i9fpwvg said:
I thought last week's O-line performance was bad..

GAWD, that was PAINFUL to watch!! :180670: Eww..

I and i'M sure most, agree with you.

Better teams (next week?) will cause this to be an "L."

Special teams and the defense cannot do it all.

And bless Wilson for his running and getting reception on BROKEN PLAYS.

SeahawkPQ

Reaction score
Russell holding on to the ball and making things happen is the only reason the passing game had 9+ yards per attempt, the only reason we didn't punt on every possession.

gcolby

Reaction score
I'd have to watch tape but I think Wilson and Bevel are at least half of the OL troubles. Wilson is a magician when he gets in trouble but a lot of those situations should be avoidable by a hot read quick dump to a really tall guy you are paying a boat load of money to. I'm really sick of hearing Bevel and Wilson say that "defence just made great plays".. BS Hawks have not played a complete game since Carolina in playoffs.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Defense and special teams need to win until the online gets up to speed (if ever.)

timmat

Reaction score
The O line has been really bad the past two years. However the team success and unique skill set of Russ and Beast made us wonder if they could continue without addressing this position group. Well, they cannot. They've been really bad, but this season's O line is laughable. It's the only position group we have not invested money in.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
timmat":3w20tn8m said:
The O line has been really bad the past two years. However the team success and unique skill set of Russ and Beast made us wonder if they could continue without addressing this position group. Well, they cannot. They've been really bad, but this season's O line is laughable. It's the only position group we have not invested money in.

Thats because they had to make choices.

There isnt enough money to field all pros at every position.

With our roster construction, we are going to have to hope these guys develop, or change the makeup of the roster to build the oline.

cant have it all.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Fade":38sxhief said:
Britt is only playing because he was a 2nd round pick. He has been one of the worst O-Lineman in the NFL his entire short career. That said the whole line is a dumpster fire.

In pass pro, yes. But his run blocking at right tackle last year was progressing great. Many of our big plays were sprung from the right side. I don't have any answers, but i do believe he needs to go back to rt to even be serviceable.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
Reaneypark":24kdgxmq said:
Defense and special teams need to win until the online gets up to speed (if ever.)

Yeah cause Centurylink needs to catch up to Comcast's speed

Ambrose83

Reaction score
I am not on the russ holds onto the ball too long bandwagon, I have looked at lots of film and rarely IMO does he have any options before he gets crushed.. those guys were blanketing our guys pretty good IMO, he did miss a WIDE OPEN JG on that run... but he has literally no time.... we have the worst combo of wideouts that can not get seperation consistently and a line that literally can not block its own shadow.. they had 6 sacks and with 99% of other qbs they would have had 12+......

kmedic

Reaction score
Poor run blocking = lack of running game. Lack of running game = no play action. No play action = no explosive pass plays. No running game, no explosive pass plays = no Seahawks identity.

Our offense is stuck in an infantile stage at the moment because our offensive line is the worst it's been in the last 20 years. :(