Its time to panic on the offensive line....

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Fade":151mzq55 said:
Britt is only playing because he was a 2nd round pick. He has been one of the worst O-Lineman in the NFL his entire short career. That said the whole line is a dumpster fire.

But Cable loves him because he's "tough" and a former wrestler - which apparently is more important qualities to Cable in an Olineman than actual blocking abilities.

Rob12

Reaction score
If anything keeps us from Owl 50, it will be this poor offensive line. Watch how they get pushed back and owned on most offensive snaps. It's embarrassing.

I try to be a glass half full guy with our line, but they're bad. They are really, really bad. I'd argue at this point that they're the worst positional unit in the entire NFL.

Rob12

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1729gorh said:
Spin Doctor":1729gorh said:
Wilson is also to blame for these sacks. A lot of our pressure came from the outside. A lot of corner blitz's and linebackers running towards Wilson freely. Wilson has to recognize this, and Bevell needs to call plays that have more check-down options. I noticed many of our plays didn't really have an outlet for Wilson to throw the ball to. Nobody is blameless for these sacks and pressures.

Yep. That's on Bevell and Wilson. Still.

Even so, I'm about done with Britt after tonight, at the very least.

This is fair. RW does get sacked on his own accord at times. But that does not change the FACT that the line gets destroyed on run plays on a routine basis.

Britt is probably the worst player on our 53.

Rob12

Reaction score
Seafan":1h284yrr said:
Greenhell":1h284yrr said:

That's the quote by the football to RW. Yes that would be great.

RW holds the ball too long and that is part of the problem. He has huge hands and fumbled twice. Unacceptable.

So what's the excuse on the line getting destroyed in the run game as well? RW can't be your scapegoat there. Watch the film. They get no push on running plays. They get owned routinely.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
I couldn't listen to any post game pressers tonight. Everyone was completely and utterly in denial about the OL. Or just lying. Or both.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Rob12":2gjclm50 said:
If anything keeps us from Owl 50, it will be this poor offensive line. Watch how they get pushed back and owned on most offensive snaps. It's embarrassing.

I try to be a glass half full guy with our line, but they're bad. They are really, really bad. I'd argue at this point that they're the worst positional unit in the entire NFL.

9ers are worse. But sea is like the 9ers three years ago. Sea has a better coach and more psychologically sound players. Hope those positives can lift sea while there is tIme

SaskHawk

Reaction score
Hendo66":17utp4on said:
4 games in and zero improvement. Not good my friends.

Not only no improvement, but they look like they got considerably worse over the last week! I mean, someone could literally walk through the line and push those guys back. I find it hard to believe that they couldn't find anything better out there this past offseason? Sure we can't spend big on the line but maybe try to get some guys who want to come for a chance to win a championship on the cheap? If there was anyone around?

ludakrishna

Reaction score
I've been screaming since last year and even more so since the beginning of the pre-season. Pete failed at USC when he began to think he was smarter than everyone else. That same thinking is going to ruin this run because of his arrogance about the OLine.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I put zero blame on Wilson. He is literally running for his life and makes miracle play after miracle play to even keep us in games. With any other QB are offense would easily be the worst in football. If he holds on to a couple of balls a little too long I'll give him a pass. The dude was 20-26 for 287 and was running for his life. The offensive line is garbage. If I have one negative against Wilson its that he's too nice at times. I would love to see him get in the Offensive lines face every once in a while at light a fire under them. They should be embarrassed.

I thought Wilson played an unbelievable game under the circumstances.

Thunderhawk

Reaction score
Not too many 6'6" guards in the league. I wonder if Britt can win the leverage battle inside being that tall. Usually, low man wins in the trenches. Britt may be a tweener - too tall for guard too slow for tackle. Thus far, I like him more as a RT.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I'm not an over reactor, but yes it's time to hit the panic button on the O-line.

They made the Lions terrible defense looks like the Steel Curtain, just horrific from start to finish. The worst part is I don't even know if it's fixable. We jettisoned all our veteran O-lineman in favor of this youth movement that isn't working.

I love how the D looks, but this team isn't going anywhere with this O-line anchor hanging around our necks. Our offense has regressed into an ineffective run game and Russell running for his life trying to make a play.

canfan

Reaction score
I feel like its 2011 all over again, with Britt doing his best Robert Gallery impression. Anybody else notice that the last competent lineman we drafted was Okung - who predates Cable's time with the team

justafan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":322tedim said:
I'm not an over reactor, but yes it's time to hit the panic button on the O-line.

They made the Lions terrible defense looks like the Steel Curtain, just horrific from start to finish. The worst part is I don't even know if it's fixable. We jettisoned all our veteran O-lineman in favor of this youth movement that isn't working.

I love how the D looks, but this team isn't going anywhere with this O-line anchor hanging around our necks. Our offense has regressed into an ineffective run game and Russell running for his life trying to make a play.

Its one thing to have to replace a player or two every year but Cable painted this team in a corner by poor choices and completely changing the lineup with inexperienced players not up to the task.

I would take 3 journeyman or even back up level OL who have played at this level over players who have never played the position before.

Makes me miss McQ