OC/DC play calling and schemes this season

dogorama

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":kuyhuvcd said:
dogorama":kuyhuvcd said:
Siouxhawk":kuyhuvcd said:
I completely agree that Russ is a renaissance talent who was going to blossom in just about any system. He's the most determined quarterback I've ever seen. As the conduit between Pete and Russ, Darrell's job was to take this dynamic talent and mold into into a happy medium between Pete's low-risk ball possession philosophy and Russ's wide-eyed full -throttle approach. For quite a few of you, the training wheels weren't coming off fast enough. But we also had Marshawn's talents fitting into the mix. With Lynch dinged up, Pete had a change in philosophy, gave Russ more freedom to take chances and Darrell schemed the strategy. Bam, our offense took flight with this radical change and Russ made a major leap in his evolution. The next step will be for Russ to detect and anticipate tendencies in the defenses we're facing and take command with audibles and line protections.

Good post, I think you encapsulated that very well and also illustrated that there is more than meets the eye when one evaluates something in its full context.

P.S. Off topic: I'm just laying here laughing my butt off, for the last several months I have been recuperating from a severe accident where I nearly lost my life and broke a bunch of bones. As a result of that, I have had to take too many pain meds, but recently, as I get ready to start a rigorous PT regimen, I have tapered off the meds and today for the first time I didn't take any at all. All this time I am looking at your avatar and thinking that was a pie you were holding. Today, in a suddenly more lucid state, when I saw it I decided I was going to ask you what kind of pie it is. Well, I finally realized it isn't a pie at all but a golden football. Now, as I write this and every time I think about it, I can't stop laughing. Funny huh?
Now I'm sharing your laughter with the pie sighting. Banana cream maybe.
And I want to wish you Godspeed on your road to recovery dogorama and hope you can summons the strength to tackle your necessary PT work. I'm sure you have a strong-knit support group, but remember that those of us at .net are also in your corner. Get well buddy and remember to keep your eye on the pie :eek:)

Thanks for the kind words Siouxhawk, I'll get there. The funny thing is it never even occurred to me why you might be standing in the middle of a football field w/a pie in your hand. It's like I am waiting for the press release: "The entire Seahawk's organization would like to extend their thanks to Siouxhawk for bringing a pie to practice today." LOL!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
dogorama":ubqp19v3 said:
Siouxhawk":ubqp19v3 said:
dogorama":ubqp19v3 said:
Siouxhawk":ubqp19v3 said:
I completely agree that Russ is a renaissance talent who was going to blossom in just about any system. He's the most determined quarterback I've ever seen. As the conduit between Pete and Russ, Darrell's job was to take this dynamic talent and mold into into a happy medium between Pete's low-risk ball possession philosophy and Russ's wide-eyed full -throttle approach. For quite a few of you, the training wheels weren't coming off fast enough. But we also had Marshawn's talents fitting into the mix. With Lynch dinged up, Pete had a change in philosophy, gave Russ more freedom to take chances and Darrell schemed the strategy. Bam, our offense took flight with this radical change and Russ made a major leap in his evolution. The next step will be for Russ to detect and anticipate tendencies in the defenses we're facing and take command with audibles and line protections.

Good post, I think you encapsulated that very well and also illustrated that there is more than meets the eye when one evaluates something in its full context.

P.S. Off topic: I'm just laying here laughing my butt off, for the last several months I have been recuperating from a severe accident where I nearly lost my life and broke a bunch of bones. As a result of that, I have had to take too many pain meds, but recently, as I get ready to start a rigorous PT regimen, I have tapered off the meds and today for the first time I didn't take any at all. All this time I am looking at your avatar and thinking that was a pie you were holding. Today, in a suddenly more lucid state, when I saw it I decided I was going to ask you what kind of pie it is. Well, I finally realized it isn't a pie at all but a golden football. Now, as I write this and every time I think about it, I can't stop laughing. Funny huh?
Now I'm sharing your laughter with the pie sighting. Banana cream maybe.
And I want to wish you Godspeed on your road to recovery dogorama and hope you can summons the strength to tackle your necessary PT work. I'm sure you have a strong-knit support group, but remember that those of us at .net are also in your corner. Get well buddy and remember to keep your eye on the pie :eek:)

Thanks for the kind words Siouxhawk, I'll get there. The funny thing is it never even occurred to me why you might be standing in the middle of a football field w/a pie in your hand. It's like I am waiting for the press release: "The entire Seahawk's organization would like to extend their thanks to Siouxhawk for bringing a pie to practice today." LOL!
That's actually a picture of T-Jack's former high school coach, dogorama. Every NFL player was given a gold football last year to present to their high school to commemorate the 50th anniversary season. My baking skills aren't nearly that good.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Master chef is on tv at this time.....you can learn how to cook a great golden pie????

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
themunn":249glc30 said:
Seahawkfan80":249glc30 said:
I like what I read here. Instead of waiting till the second half to change up the offense, how about waiting till the second Quarter instead? Would rather have run pass run with some other variables installed too.

Great post Smelly.

I've always been convinced that the reason behind waiting til the second half is that you don't give the opposition the 2nd quarter to adjust to your adjustments and a full halftime break to communicate them, by the time the 4th quarter comes around and you've diagnosed everything it's often too late.

I think we had a discussion on this awhile back where it was stated that Pete uses the first half as a recon. It's also the reason why we adjust well at the 2nd half on offense and defense. When teams come out using the same plays in the 2nd half we have already adjusted to their game-plan.

Also the first drive Bevell seems to use scripted plays, seeing as we defer the ball first our first drive usually ends in a 3 and out, more of seeing what the defense will do. I think that leads to alot of our offense looking like they struggle but if we get rid of that I think we look better.

mrt144

Reaction score
For the love of nuffle on offense Bevell, get the right people in position for the play. A lot of stuff that drives us nuts has a rationale so I'm not going to tackle it, but running a play like the bubble screen to players who don't show an aptitude to play their role properly on them is maddening.

And I credit Bevell with helping RW develop even if sometimes I cynically believe it's by making him work harder for less than others.

On defense, i'm terrible. I want to be lazy and take a break from shitting bricks from our offensive drive. Maybe a small increase in corner blitzes out of nickle package? IDK, lemme relax from Bevellball.

dunceface

Reaction score
dogorama":3k5faobk said:
Siouxhawk":3k5faobk said:

I was going to nominate Sioux on post of the year until Dogo followed up with his golden pie story so now I AM AWARDING YOU BOTH THE VERY FIRST OFFICIAL GOLDEN PIE AWARD! Pie trophy 1

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I love it dunceface -- very creative. You know, ever since I've been about 16, I've been in search of the golden pie :eek:).

mrt144

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":386cvxnx said:
I love it dunceface -- very creative. You know, ever since I've been about 16, I've been in search of the golden pie :eek:).

If you aren't in Seattle I suggest you take a trip to Pie Bar on Olive Way if you take a trip out here. If you are in Seattle, you've missed out on what I can only describe as close to a golden pie as you'll get. They make damn fine pies there.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
mrt, you're speaking my language. Thanks for the tip.

dunceface

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":36n92bgq said:

Ayyyyyy :irishdrinkers: :irishdrinkers:

dogorama

Reaction score
dunceface":9dkb1l73 said:
dogorama":9dkb1l73 said:
Siouxhawk":9dkb1l73 said:

I was going to nominate Sioux on post of the year until Dogo followed up with his golden pie story so now I AM AWARDING YOU BOTH THE VERY FIRST OFFICIAL GOLDEN PIE AWARD! Pie trophy 1

In the name of all has-beens, never-were's, and delusional fans everywhere, I humbly accept this award.