Okung is Injured (Calf)

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Vesuve":35gmrnn3 said:
Barakas":35gmrnn3 said:
Pete said on his press conference that Okung suffered a calf strain. He's the only injury from the game so that's the upside. Pete didn't sound too optimistic that Okung will be okay saying that these type of injuries can take a bit to come back from.

*sigh* So close Okung to making it a full year. Here's to a quick recovery!!

Here's to finishing the season and going FA.

Buy-bye fatso.

What a dumb post.

McGruff

Reaction score
Yeah, we don't have fatsos on our line. The closest is lewis, and even he is pretty fit. Fact is, if you saw these guys at a gym, you'd be shocked they weighed 300+ because none of them look like it.

And Okung is a top 5 LT in this league. He will be missed.

Seymour

Reaction score
Vesuve":2hhzd50j said:
Barakas":2hhzd50j said:
Pete said on his press conference that Okung suffered a calf strain. He's the only injury from the game so that's the upside. Pete didn't sound too optimistic that Okung will be okay saying that these type of injuries can take a bit to come back from.

*sigh* So close Okung to making it a full year. Here's to a quick recovery!!

Here's to finishing the season and going FA.

Buy-bye fatso.

Okung may be a lot of things, but fat is not one of them. Kinda tough to watch football if you are blind I suppose.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Of course just when our O-line is starting to perform at a high level. Just hope he's back at 100% for the playoffs at least.

hawk45

Reaction score
Jesus.
As much as I dread the annual Okung injury (his rep for being oft injured is fact based) I will say it feels like he has played in most of the games for a couple years now? Like his durability went from awful to something I can live with?
Please get back soon okung. Cable has had the line playing better but identifying guys who can play on the edges and not have to move to guard hasn't been a strong suit.
Gilliam is an exception but we've been looking at different RTs for some time.

Boiler

Reaction score
On his weekly spot on the Brock and Salk show this morning, Carroll said something to the effect that the tests didn't reveal any issues, so hopefully that means it's not as bad as initially feared.

Basis4day

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/679080989902016516[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/679081073406427136[/tweet]

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I'm glad the tests didn't show anything. Hopefully he'll be back out there soon. I think Okung is really underrated on here. The O-line needs him for the playoffs.

Ozzy

Reaction score
If know damage they might sit him the last two and get ready for the playoffs.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Can't anyone play with pain anymore?Rub the Ben Gay/IcyHot and be good to go..

nepahawk

Reaction score
It's hard for people to give Okung much credit for his play.
Walter Jones spoiled us.
It's unfair to compare these two players, but that is what we do, whether intentionally or subconsciously.

McGruff

Reaction score
IndyHawk":ocuhraj7 said:
Yeah Big Walt spoiled us for sure..

It's bigger than Walt even. For years it was Walt and Ogden and Pace and Boswell and Walters. It was the golden age of left tackles. There isn't a single LT in the league who is anywhere near any of those guys.

Joe Thomas is the only elite tackle in the league, and he's not even close. After him Okung is in the mix. We could do much much worse.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
McGruff":4ixr53n2 said:
IndyHawk":4ixr53n2 said:
Yeah Big Walt spoiled us for sure..

It's bigger than Walt even. For years it was Walt and Ogden and Pace and Boswell and Walters. It was the golden age of left tackles. There isn't a single LT in the league who is anywhere near any of those guys.

Joe Thomas is the only elite tackle in the league, and he's not even close. After him Okung is in the mix. We could do much much worse.

Joe Thomas, Joe Staley (though I hate to admit it), and Tyron Smith are all elite.

McGruff

Reaction score
I like Smith but Staley is overrated. And none are close to Ogden, Pace, Jones or Boselli.

sutz

Reaction score
It's kind of funny really (not funny haha, but funny strange) you don't hear his name called all season because he's doing his job. He gets dinged up a bit and out come the "injury-prone" boo-birds.

:34853_doh: