• OL Players

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

bandiger

Reaction score
bighawk":1gke7qbz said:
I clearly blame Cable because I believe he has a major impact on who they draft. If he would focus on drafting guys that are already offensive lineman instead of trying to convert guys into them then I think we could be a lot better. I still don't understand why they let Carpenter go.

Well Cable should be feeling the heat, can't skate by saying its all on the OC or QB when social media can analyze Line play.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/OLineWorld65/status/656525121377603584[/tweet]

kearly

Reaction score
I think the crux of the problem is that the team is relying on Cable to be a miracle worker. Three of the OL on the roster are converted DTs, another is a converted TE, and another still is a converted G (from T). That's too many conversion projects happening all at once. Our starting line (with Nowak) had exactly one player playing the same position he did in college (Okung).

If they just gave Cable a lineup of salty vets and then signed back the guys who find success (Breno, etc), I think we'd be looking at a much better situation. But this would require money, and the team doesn't want to spend money at OL. Maybe they will shift priorities in 2016.

Additionally, the lack of a real blocking TE this year has compounded the pain of inexperience. Zach Miller's blocking had been a heck of a deodorant the last couple seasons.

On top of all this, Okung is having by far his worst year as a pro. So even the one guy we should be able to rely on has been getting killed out there.