Poll: How are you feeling after Tennessee loss?

How you feeling?

• Positive. Everything is going to be fine

Votes: 31 15.9%
  • Neutral. Could be better. Could be worse. Meh

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Worried. I'm unneasy about our championship chances

Votes: 38 19.5%
  • Depressed. This team has let me down

Votes: 24 12.3%
  • Angry. I hate the direction our team is going

Votes: 53 27.2%
  • I don't care. I've been a fan since '76, I've seen it all.

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Ask me tomorrow.

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
8-8 unless this offense can turn it around and I really don't see the talent there to do it.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
I'm extremely frustrated. The offense is anemic and our defense keeps us in the games. However, I would love to see some stats on when the defense gives up points. It just feels like they take a step back when the offense finally gets going. Yesterday, a late FG immediately after the offense scored a TD to take the lead. A TD immediately following the TD drive coming out of the half.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Not angry. We start slow. A lot of people are over scrutinizing our team but we still have a great group

ludakrishna

Reaction score
This reminds me of 2008. The year prior we were 10-6 and got destroyed by GB in the playoffs (snow game). In 2008 we thought we were a good team when in reality we weren't. Ended the season 4-12. The only remaining games I can confidently see this team winning are the Colts, 49ers and maybe Jax.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
The way we are playing, I"m thinking 5 - 8 the rest of the season. I see only wins against the 49ers, Giants, Ari at home and Colts.

Not feeling very good.

Slick

Reaction score
I'm neutral. Things will get better. 3-3 or 4-2 will be a satisfactory start. Home field advantage may already be out of reach.

Josea16

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":wm8pc0w6 said:
Josea16":wm8pc0w6 said:
FlyingGreg":wm8pc0w6 said:
A lot of us have seen this coming, so not mad at all. It is what is is.

Poor drafts and free agency decisions set us up for failure. Some choose to believe in the "sun will come out tomorrow", and that's ok. I don't begrudge anyone their opinion.

But, we are reaping what we sowed. We have shattered our former elite QB and we expose our defense way too much.

Mostly, I just miss being excited to watch the Seahawks play. They are painful and boring,l and I no longer look forward to 3 hours of this garbage. That's the worst part.

Schedule wise? I had them at 1-2 after Week 3. But what I am seeing matters more than W-L. We will still likely win the West and go to playoffs, but we don't have what it takes to win on the road or win the Conference.
Wow, optimistic from where I sit. Though being in Missouri I don't see the debacle live. I don't buy Wilson as being David Carr'd whatever the hell that even means.

Jim Plunklett was on worse teams for years then David Carr and won a Superbowl. Alex Smith basically the same but right this second on a team that can and will retire Tom Brady and most any NFC team beyond Atlanta if that.

Give Russell the tools and it is ON! (An actual average power OL not ZBS shite crap OL).

Do you hate the ZBS because we can't execute it, or do you actually think the scheme is inferior?
Given the kind of offensive line players coming into the NFL currently it's an inferior scheme because it requires 5 guys to be together 4=5 years minimum to really make it work and that just isn't going to happen anymore given the lack of talent at the position league wide. Last year's FA period was just the beginning of the end if something doesn't change concerning practice time and development opportunities.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Seahawks also started last year going 1-2, and then finished the year at 10-5-1 while winning the division again.

Sure, the Rams are 2-1 right now, but they also started last year at 3-1 before ending up at 4-12.

2_0_6

Reaction score
3 games in, and I'm having flashbacks to what the last year of the Holmgren run looked like.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
giphy.webp

ducks41468

Reaction score
Seanhawk":3vefmo8y said:
I'm extremely frustrated. The offense is anemic and our defense keeps us in the games. However, I would love to see some stats on when the defense gives up points. It just feels like they take a step back when the offense finally gets going. Yesterday, a late FG immediately after the offense scored a TD to take the lead. A TD immediately following the TD drive coming out of the half.

I think it's actually the opposite, that the offense is a lagging indicator for the defense, in that the offense only gets going after the defense has gotten worn down and started giving up points. Yesterday after going down 16-14, the offense then had two consecutive short stalled drives and only got going again after we were down 30-14.

PC, despite the always compete and rah-rah attitude, is highly risk averse, and because of that he only allows the offense to come out of its shell when he absolutely has to and there's nothing to lose (we're down late and/or by multiple scores). That's why you see in some of these games where the defense plays well throughout, like the 49ers game, or the Miami/Arizona/Rams games last year, the offense never bothers to get going. Given how consistently the offense is able to flip the switch when they have to and given how frequently they're able to make comebacks and at least make things interesting (compared what I've seen among the rest of the league) I would say the issue on offense isn't talent, it's coaching and playcalling.

Seymour

Reaction score
Josea16":32jej1gi said:
....Give Russell the tools and it is ON! (An actual average power OL not ZBS shite crap OL).

But...but...You told us time and time again this off season that we DO have an average oline with the moves that we made and 2nd year experience together???

What happened? :roll:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I wouldn't have minded this loss if it was a close 14-10 type loss and our defense played well with very few mistakes.

But that's not what a happened.

- Offense continues to be AWOL in the first halves of games
- Defense continues to play in a very undisciplined way, both in their fits and schemes, and now with the continued nonsense of Sherman and Bennett

I said in the pre-season that all that happy happy we all love each other again mumbo jumbo Pete and Richard were shoveling wouldn't be known until REAL adversity happened in the regular season. Well? Looks like we're back to it.

THAT'S why I don't like this loss. It's not the loss in the win/loss column, it's the way we lost showing that Pete still doesn't have the control back from some of his players. That's a GIGANTIC red flag for me.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
After the last few days leading up to the game, I was considering not even watching. I have issues that need to be addressed in the home and property before ma nature kicks my butt...too late. But I went ahead and skipped the early game and the late after our game game and went ahead and watched our game and the end of the packers game. My impression is that our offensive line actually started blocking their defensive line and gave RW some time to throw the ball. It was slow motion to me as I was in a limbo type of state of mind on the game. Not sure whether it meant anything or not. Reading chat and another chat to keep up with a couple of things helped keep me calm too. Dont know about the future so I also checked check with me tomorrow. I have more to do tomorrow too. I am definitely not losing sleep over what a bunch of millionaires do on a grass or fake grass field. I prefer to go fishing and may do that next weekend. Better that than put my heart into something that has less meaning now then it has in the past.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":3i97mkk1 said:
After the last few days leading up to the game, I was considering not even watching. I have issues that need to be addressed in the home and property before ma nature kicks my butt...too late. But I went ahead and skipped the early game and the late after our game game and went ahead and watched our game and the end of the packers game. My impression is that our offensive line actually started blocking their defensive line and gave RW some time to throw the ball. It was slow motion to me as I was in a limbo type of state of mind on the game. Not sure whether it meant anything or not. Reading chat and another chat to keep up with a couple of things helped keep me calm too. Dont know about the future so I also checked check with me tomorrow. I have more to do tomorrow too. I am definitely not losing sleep over what a bunch of millionaires do on a grass or fake grass field. I prefer to go fishing and may do that next weekend. Better that than put my heart into something that has less meaning now then it has in the past.
Even if though the team isn't playing the best, I'm still a football fan so I watch as many games as I can, even when it's not my team.

Even when the team is bad, I feel like I should watch them so I know how to "criticize" them during discussions, such as what we do here.

jhawk91

Reaction score
Fusturated and a bit angry. If this these loses felt hard fought then I probably wouldn't have a big problem, but that hasnt been the case, the team seems lost and fusturated them selves.