Poll: How are you feeling after Tennessee loss?

How you feeling?

• Positive. Everything is going to be fine

Votes: 31 15.9%
  • Neutral. Could be better. Could be worse. Meh

Votes: 43 22.1%
  • Worried. I'm unneasy about our championship chances

Votes: 38 19.5%
  • Depressed. This team has let me down

Votes: 24 12.3%
  • Angry. I hate the direction our team is going

Votes: 53 27.2%
  • I don't care. I've been a fan since '76, I've seen it all.

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • Ask me tomorrow.

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":35nwfqx7 said:
Looking forward to Monday morning after a win, this place needs it :lol:

How was the Monday after the niners win? ;)

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2c025zc7 said:
Damn Seymour, you make a hell of a point :D

Ya...anything close to the "lowly Colts" and I think it could get ugly. Better hope for 14 point win and under (3) 3 and outs. :snack:

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seymour":14jd4ic0 said:
SoulfishHawk":14jd4ic0 said:
Looking forward to Monday morning after a win, this place needs it :lol:

How was the Monday after the niners win? ;)

Lol, exactly. If the team can only beat the Colts by less than 5, expect more outrage

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot, I expect outrage from plenty of people if they don't win at a minimum of 2 touchdowns.
It's all about how it looks these days :lol:

xgeoff

Reaction score
I am feeling much more positively after this game. The game actually had a bunch of missteps by a lot of different groups, including Russ Wilson, whom I thought had a very poor first half.

To me this is good news. It's good news because the problem wasn't the Offensive Line.

I know Russ will play well. I know the Defense is good. What I was worried about was whether the Offensive Line could get it together. Without Glowinski in there they looked *SO* much better! And if Tobin can play reasonably well in place of Odhiambo (I'm hoping they try this) then I think the Line may be solid. And if this Offensive Line gives us solid play, I have a lot of confidence in the team in general.

This was the first time in a long time that I see progress on the Offensive Line. Thanks Oday Oboushi. But I have to wonder, why the heck wasn't he starting from the beginning. It didn't take a football expert to see that Glowinski was terrible. Same with Odhiambo, it's obvious to pretty much anyone that he is physically and mentally overmatched at this level.

Hawks46

Reaction score
I went positive.

I expected a loss in GB. Our defense played better than I thought they would and our offense played about the same as I thought they would.

I was a bit bummed about SF but it's early in the season. It's possible that SF's DL is much better than anyone is giving them credit for. I wasn't happy about them running all over us, as their OL definitely isn't that good.

After 2 weeks and seeing the OL didn't start as expected, I switched my prediction and figured a loss vs. the Titans. Once again, the defense is bothering me with allowing so many rush yards, but we're seeing signs of life from the offense.

Once our offense can sustain a few more drives, our defense can stay rested and we'll be ok. I think the run game will start to establish later in the season and our passing game looks to be clicking as our pass protection is steadily getting better.

At the very least, if we can pass pro but not run block all that great, we'll likely see a return to the last half of 2015 in terms of offensive style. With this defense, I still think that's good enough for a Super Bowl run, provided we get at least some home field advantage in the playoffs.

Hyak

Reaction score
A team that cannot run it effectively nor have a resemblance to average pass blocking while at the same time giving up explosive running plays to the opponent just simply isn't a legitimate championship team.

Maybe it gets better but this sure seems like 2015/2016 with teams that were flawed yet good enough to make the playoffs in a weak division and then get bounced in a road playoff game. The Rams already could play with the Hawks and now they look to have better coaching, OL, and skill players. They are much more of a complete team than Seattle as of right now.

Not to mention that some of the key players seem to be inordinately concerned about off the field issues with little focus mentioned on improving on the field play is frustrating.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
As the guy who has previously come here to cook my own crow before eating it (see my take on Cowboys picking Ezekiel Elliott), I feel justified in bringing back this thread from week 3. I took a lot of *%^& for this, but never wavered in my belief that we weren't making the playoffs, and our only hope was to somehow keep the NFCW crown off the heads of the Rams.

Sure, I had hope like every fan, but never believed we were making the playoffs this year after the lackluster performance in week 3. Yes, I was off on predicting exactly who those losses would come against, as we pulled some rabbits out of our hats against some of our bigger opponents, and got 9 of the 9-10 wins I predicted when the season started, but ultimately, the season played out pretty much like I predicted after the Tennessee debacle.

bigskydoc":3spjnwo2 said:
After the Tennessee game, I'm feeling pretty relaxed. This team isn't winning the Super Bowl, and probably isn't winning the NFCW, probably our only chance to make the playoffs.

So, I'm pretty relaxed now. Just get to sit back and enjoy some football. Shame Pete/Bevel/Cable couldn't, at least, put a more interesting product on the field.

My sense is that we should be looking at a 9-10 win season, but when I lay it out, I just don't see where those wins are coming from. Does anyone honestly see this team beating Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, or Philly? Does anyone see us sweeping the NFCW?

I don't have that same sense that we can improve our line this year. Britt is playing great, and is probably at his ceiling. Joeckel is who he is, and is probably at his ceiling. Ifedi has the foundation, and the potential to improve, but he isn't ready to be a NFL level tackle yet. Our best hope is that he reaches Gilliam level before the season is over. Odihambo has no business as a tackle. Hopefully, Tobin steps up. That is probably the best chance of improving on my outlook. Aboushi is who he is, probably at his ceiling, but ahead of Glowinski. Pocic is a center. Another guy who will be playing out of position, if he even sees the field.

I'm just not hopeful that this line can get up to average or slightly below. We need them to do that to boost the probability of a 10-11 win season. Judging by evaluating the individual players, I'm the least optimistic about our line that I have ever been in the Carroll/Cable era, and, in years past, I've tended to be one of the more optimistic people here, regarding the line.

adeltaY":3spjnwo2 said:
LOL this team is going 4-4 at home? Get out of here with that nonsense, it would be catastrophic if that happened...

Rams are seriously overrated at this point... They could sustain it, but they probably aren't there yet. They've beaten us at home once in twelve years or something.

I suppose it was catastrophic?

Not sure why 4-4 at home seems so ridiculous. Despite the Seahawks' aura of in invincibility at the Clink, it's only one game worse than 2015. We have a better defense than 2015, but a worse offense and a much, much worse o-line. Now, if Cable pulls a rabbit out of his hat, then I think we still get those 9-10 wins that I expected at the beginning of the season, and into last week's game. However, if the line doesn't improve, I think we won't get there, and we won't be NFCW champs.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothing fans love more than when other fans rehash an old thread to pat themselves on the back. Nice job.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Why did you have to bring back one of my old threads lIke this bigskydoc? :oops: :141847_bnono:

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Nothing those of use that removed the rose-colored glasses years ago and have been expressing our concerns in reasonable ways only to be called non-fans and idiots over and over again like more than to be told we are patting ourselves on the back.

I would be willing to bet that most (if not all) of us continuously hoped we were wrong. I know that is what I was hoping for. But the longer this went on, the deeper the concern got. For me, that concern wasn't even over the lean years to come but rather over the waste of the talent we had at the time.

I can enjoy watching a team that is what it is struggling to put up wins (like the 90's). I found the teams of the 90's much more entertaining than I have found the last few years (with the exception of very few games where the team performed as the talent would dictate it should.) I find nothing more frustrating than watching talent and opportunity get wasted. And then, despite not possessing the ability to ignore the issues and continue to enjoy what is going on, we continue to watch the team and pour our selves into it. Because despite being continually told what bad fans we are we continue to be fans.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Aros":38qoxaqp said:
Nothing fans love more than when other fans rehash an old thread to pat themselves on the back. Nice job.

No, Aros, they may not like it, but there's a reason fans should be careful what they say/type.

Predictions about the future that sound "sure" should be called out when they're wrong, and if someone is right, they should have the ability to point it out as it justifies what they said.

Again, people may not like it, but they shouldn't say things if they don't want reality to bite them when they're wrong; when they're right? Let them revel for a bit. No harm done if it helps make their point, I guess.

Optimus25

Reaction score
bigskydoc":3gufq4ks said:
My sense is that we should be looking at a 9-10 win season, but when I lay it out, I just don't see where those wins are coming from. Does anyone honestly see this team beating Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, or Philly?

Well, Nostradamus, you did get 3 of those 4 wrong as it sure seemed you were implying 4 L's there.

chris98251

Reaction score
The problem with being right about a negative aspect with our team is that those that have been in denial hate to be told they were in denial and did not see the forest thru the trees while spending all season saying the realists were wrong about stating the truth. Now that it has come to pass they want to bury all the negative things and jump back on the everything will be better next year because Pete and John will fix it and the people that seen the problems can shut up about last season and that they don't want to hear it.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
chris98251":r3mpml6q said:
The problem with being right about a negative aspect with our team is that those that have been in denial hate to be told they were in denial and did not see the forest thru the trees while spending all season saying the realists were wrong about stating the truth. Now that it has come to pass they want to bury all the negative things and jump back on the everything will be better next year because Pete and John will fix it and the people that seen the problems can shut up about last season and that they don't want to hear it.

Not sure if you've noticed this, but 85% of the board wants the entire offensive staff to be terminated. I don't think anyone is "burying all the negative things."

There's nothing inherently wrong about being correct regarding negative aspects of the team. Bumping an old thread to say I told you so, however, is the sort of poor form that draws the face palming and eye rolling you're seeing here. It's hard to take seriously.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":1gml1oby said:
chris98251":1gml1oby said:

Not sure if you've noticed this, but 85% of the board wants the entire offensive staff to be terminated. I don't think anyone is "burying all the negative things."

There's nothing inherently wrong about being correct regarding negative aspects of the team. Bumping an old thread to say I told you so, however, is the sort of poor form that draws the face palming and eye rolling you're seeing here. It's hard to take seriously.

So everyone calling people Doomers all season because they said the line sucked was not happening?

That initially seeing how our offense could do nothing and most that were critical were shut down for stating of issues with lack luster play calling and how poorly we looked against just about everyone, this is even when we had Carson healthy.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Optimus25":2v2ypvls said:
bigskydoc":2v2ypvls said:
My sense is that we should be looking at a 9-10 win season, but when I lay it out, I just don't see where those wins are coming from. Does anyone honestly see this team beating Atlanta, Dallas, Houston, or Philly?

Well, Nostradamus, you did get 3 of those 4 wrong as it sure seemed you were implying 4 L's there.

He owned that, though.

I dunno. Most people at the start of 2013 didn't think we were making the SB, either. We didn't play sterling then. We almost lost to the 0-8 Bucs and the really bad Titans, and then would explode out of the gates against the Saints (or, in this year's version, the Eagles and Cowboys).

I do want to say this: the poll stinks. One positive option, three neutral options, and three negative options? Try again.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":uvyuxotl said:
Optimus25":uvyuxotl said:
bigskydoc":uvyuxotl said:

He owned that, though.

I dunno. Most people at the start of 2013 didn't think we were making the SB, either. We didn't play sterling then. We almost lost to the 0-8 Bucs and the really bad Titans, and then would explode out of the gates against the Saints (or, in this year's version, the Eagles and Cowboys).

I do want to say this: the poll stinks. One positive option, three neutral options, and three negative options? Try again.

Lol, ouch. It was a poll from week 3 man. Sorry for trying to contribute