Rams still in 1st place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1g53ywdk said:
Right, and most of these snarky responses from Hawks fans arent being directed at you, but rather at Rex.

Either way enjoy your short lived tie and perceived progress I suppose. I guess that's what lowered expectations get you, joy over non accomplishments :)

Like I said, as a long suffering Mariners fan, I understand.

---

You obviously don't get my point at all.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1ujxdkz3 said:
RedAlice":1ujxdkz3 said:
RolandDeschain":1ujxdkz3 said:
I apologize in advance to the good Rams fans we have here for what I'm going to start regularly posting in this forum in a week or two.

Why? are you holding back posting your normal disdain for the Rams?

I challenge you to post anything worse than what the StL contingency does right now. They've turned hating the Rams into a weekly art form.
No, it's just that I'm going to start posting something annoyingly "taunty" directed at Pops on a regular basis soon. You'll see. Also, my "normal disdain for the Rams?" When have I ever had a habit of posting like that about them?

Do what you must, secure in the knowledge I will be expected to play with both my hands tied behind my back.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Laloosh":1544oc4x said:
Roland, are you suggesting that the OP is only posting for effect? Say it ain't so... that would be trolling.

OK I'll play. How is this thread considered trolling?

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
RedAlice":1bgxqz63 said:
You guys have me thinking.

I do like the progress, as that matters. Losing teams lose games they could win. Winning teams win games they should win, and capitalize on mistakes of the opposing team to get a win.

At least in these three wins, Rams have done something they have not done in the last decade - be the winning team.

That is significant. In past years, Rams lose all three of those games.

Also, I do have high pride in some parts of the Rams. Donald is balls out insane. No offensive line player looks forward to knowing they will face him. Coaches have to plan for him. Brockers and Quinn are equally as deadly. Gaines made a pretty strong statement last week that he is now playing, first game we've had him this year. And TruJ is a player.

I don't know, this Rams team feels different than it has felt in a long time. Progress.

They could get destroyed by the Bills next week, or they could win. But, the team overall is developing.

yay.

No question about it. In many areas this Rams team is still raw. Still so young too. While they still make too many mistakes at times they have found ways to force and capitalize on the other teams mistakes. Especially late in the 4th quarter the last two games. And on the road! That builds confidence and confidence they need to have against teams not in our division. As a Rams fan it is a very exciting time.

Lots of notable contributors on defense but how about the leadership of AO? Wow!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I get it.

We just have a different perspective than you do.

Seahawk fans, at this point, are Super Bowl or bust.

As a Rams fan, you are just happy with any kind of success, therefore, a first place tie in week 4 makes you ecstatic, even though in the big picture, it really means nothing.

We just look at the current situation differently, that's all.

Now go enjoy that progress and success.....you probably dont have much time left to soak it in :)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Pops":1iyduky2 said:
Laloosh":1iyduky2 said:
Roland, are you suggesting that the OP is only posting for effect? Say it ain't so... that would be trolling.

Because your intention was to incite responses from Seahawk fans, otherwise you could have just updated your week 3 thread by saying we were still tied.

Also, we all are now at least 7 years old, and thus can read standings on our own, so labeling a thread with the Rams current NFC west position will be unnecessary......

Unless of course, you plan on giving us a week 14 update thread titled Rams STILL in 3rd place.......

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Hawkpower":foig9xkd said:
Pops":foig9xkd said:
Laloosh":foig9xkd said:

Because your intention was to incite responses from Seahawk fans, otherwise you could have just updated your week 3 thread by saying we were still tied.

Also, we all are now at least 7 years old, and thus can read standings on our own, so labeling a thread with the Rams current NFC west position will be unnecessary......

Unless of course, you plan on giving us a week 14 update thread titled Rams STILL in 3rd place.......

"incite responses"? You are far too defensive and it is not justified. This forum is about:

"[ NFL NATION ]
Discuss any and all NFL-related topics and matters of interest here. "

That is all I've done. The Rams are quite unexpectedly in 1st place and have remained so into week 5 thus the new updated thread. As a Rams fan I am excited. These last two games have been down to the wire and wins on the road. It has been a huge departure from the Rams usual road woes and despite ample deficiencies the Rams are undeniably making progress.

So yes as long as the Rams remain in 1st place I will start a thread here in this forum to discuss it. I will mix it up in the title to try to keep it original but should the Rams remain in 1st place in week 14 that may be difficult. But not impossible.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Pops":3m826khp said:
So yes as long as the Rams remain in 1st place I will start a thread here in this forum to discuss it. I will mix it up in the title to try to keep it original but should the Rams remain in 1st place in week 14 that may be difficult. But not impossible.

Or just keep a current thread going. The forum doesn't need a "new" thread each week on an existing topic.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Pops":3k7t2btg said:
"incite responses"? You are far too defensive and it is not justified. This forum is about:

"[ NFL NATION ]

That is all I've done. The Rams are quite unexpectedly in 1st place and have remained so into week 5 thus the new updated thread. As a Rams fan I am excited. These last two games have been down to the wire and wins on the road. It has been a huge departure from the Rams usual road woes and despite ample deficiencies the Rams are undeniably making progress.

You asked why you were accused of trolling.

I gave you your answer.

If you truly wanted to just express your joy at remaining in a first place tie ALL THE WAY TO WEEK 4!!!!!!!! there was a thread you had already started where you could have expressed that.

We know why you started a brand new thread. No reason to passive aggressively pretend otherwise.

Boycie

Reaction score
Pops":29iozx27 said:
Sports Hernia":29iozx27 said:
Pops":29iozx27 said:
bigskydoc":29iozx27 said:
So will the Rams still be in first if they lose this weekend? :stirthepot:

"We have just as many wins"

"but you have more losses"

If both the Rams and Seahawks win or lose the Rams will still be in 1st place.
If you want to get technical, Seattle doesn't play and if the Rams lose they will have a worse winnning % than Seattle and Seattle would be ahead of LA, but who cares it's week 5. They don't give out ribbons, prizes, or shiny silver trophys for standings in week 5.

Most of us here are not "moral victory" guy's and gals, but if that's your thing well......

Absolutely I'm a moral victory kind of guy because I'm a Rams fan. For a long time it has been all I've had. Until it isn't. I'm so looking forward to that day.

About that winning percentage while not playing the same amount of games I do not know since in '82 every team had played 9 games. That would be interesting to find out.

Who cares if these Rams fans are getting all psyched about having their team in first place in the division? They have had sweet bugger all to be excited about for a long time, and their only time they could get excited was when they beat us, so let them have their time in the sun, because we all know it will not last long, as this is a QB driven league, and Keenum isn't a long term solution for them.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2nb11491 said:
Pops":2nb11491 said:

"[ NFL NATION ]

You asked why you were accused of trolling.

I gave you your answer.

If you truly wanted to just express your joy at remaining in a first place tie ALL THE WAY TO WEEK 4!!!!!!!! there was a thread you had already started where you could have expressed that.

We know why you started a brand new thread. No reason to passive aggressively pretend otherwise.

I disagreed with your answer. This is now twice that you have claimed to know my intent by posting a thread about the Rams in and then remaining in 1st place. You do know you are free to not participate in this or any other thread, right?

chris98251

Reaction score
If you wish to continue this topic in the manner that seems to be being discussed I would suggest taking it to the Shack, Rams tied for first place, end of topic and discussion because it can't be disputed and there are not tie breaking situations this early in the Season unless they cancel the rest of it.

Other wise I see no point of this thread continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts