Rams still in 1st place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
The great thing about Jeff Fisher teams are their ability to flatter to deceive.

After they beat us in week 16 last season (and looked good doing so) they lay an almighty egg the following week against a crappy 49ers team with lame duck Jim Tomsula in charge for the final time.

Even if they beat Buffalo this week -- they'll eternally be a game away from an absolute stinker which will lead to a bad run.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RedAlice":2xv83und said:
Hawkpower":2xv83und said:
Pops":2xv83und said:
rjdriver":2xv83und said:
Not to put a damper on this thread, but technically we are tied for first place with the Rams at 3-1. This is not the last game of the season, and there are no tie breakers for seeding or division winners to be considered. We are both 3-1 and tied for first in the division. Period.

Technically no, and there are tie breakers during the season to which I alluded in an earlier post. The last time it occurred was the strike shortened 1982 season. Given the current record of the Rams and Seahawks there is no doubt that if the regular season ended today the Rams would win the division and the Seahawks would get a wild card.

Since there are no strikes on the horizon, I guess you'll have to deal with those pesky 13 weeks left in the season.

Plenty of time for Fisher to Fisher.

These threads will be fun to bump in December/January anyway, so by all means, keep starting one each week :)

Rams are in first place this week and were last week.

Not saying what will happen next week or later - just enjoying this second week that has presented itself. Because it's been so long and facts are facts for right now. It's lovely for a few more days.

HAHA ok. Lovely indeed :) Enjoy your first place tie.

I guess I know what that feels like. Plenty of Mariner fans were over the moon when we were in first place in early May.

Of course, Ranger fans were laying in the weeds smirking at our stupidity and early season exuberance.... and as it turns out, no playoffs once again for the M's as the Rangers dominated the division.

Pretty similar parallels.

Largent80

Reaction score
This may be the weakest post in the history of the site.

4 weeks into the season.... And what happened?.... The rams are in first. Well what shall we do?

How about play 12 more games and see where this RAM is?

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Largent80":18cgxnb2 said:
This may be the weakest post in the history of the site.

4 weeks into the season.... And what happened?.... The rams are in first. Well what shall we do?

How about play 12 more games and see where this RAM is?

Don't be so hard on yourself. There are 13 more weeks in which to improve your posting.

hawksfan515

Reaction score
As this is a Seahawks board, I'm gonna use DVOA to prove the rams will soon be exposed. DVOA says they're 24th in the league. They'll be exposed soon.

Seahawks at #2, wooooo

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I apologize in advance to the good Rams fans we have here for what I'm going to start regularly posting in this forum in a week or two.

nanomoz

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2du4deof said:
I apologize in advance to the good Rams fans we have here for what I'm going to start regularly posting in this forum in a week or two.

Bless your shriveled, little, scrotum-shaped heart. ;)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
nanomoz":1x9co11u said:
RolandDeschain":1x9co11u said:

Or is a Heart shaped scrotum???? :twisted: :stirthepot:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":34wvebsu said:
:lol:

I pity the fool(s) that made iRo hulk out.

Someone start the .net popcorn machine. :2thumbs:

Oh crap, that's my job. :oops:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
nanomoz":3rdjp103 said:
RolandDeschain":3rdjp103 said:

Too much info bro..... 8)

Maulbert

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":11s719ng said:
nanomoz":11s719ng said:
RolandDeschain":11s719ng said:

Or is a Heart shaped scrotum???? :twisted: :stirthepot:

8b2791fea2899d74faea4304979c7a4e

RedAlice

Reaction score
hawksfan515":26aggdqq said:
As this is a Seahawks board, I'm gonna use DVOA to prove the rams will soon be exposed. DVOA says they're 24th in the league. They'll be exposed soon.

Seahawks at #2, wooooo

Exposed for what? They haven't even accomplished anything yet.

Rams have no QB, still don't have a good offense, and our coach sucks.

Not sure why it is so hard to appreciate around here that it's fun to be in first place for the second week considering that even getting to a win record higher than our loss record has been elusive for over a decade. This is progress, and progress is GOOD.

Not claiming anything about the Rams for the rest of the season. They will have to earn anything they get.

But this is fun for this week. :179417:

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RedAlice":nclaj0n0 said:
hawksfan515":nclaj0n0 said:

Seahawks at #2, wooooo

Not sure why it is so hard to appreciate around here that it's fun to be in first place for the second week considering that even getting to a win record higher than our loss record has been elusive for over a decade. This is progress, and progress is GOOD.

Not claiming anything about the Rams for the rest of the season. They will have to earn anything they get.

So given all of your stated deficiencies, and knowing that you will soon crash and burn, that would be a bit depressing for me as a fan. Its a tease. Your current tie for first is a mirage.

Much more likely that some Rams fans secretly think there is something great brewing. Those are the fans that are being referenced in these posts. Just a reality check for any Rams fan who may need it.

RedAlice

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":ft69i9tw said:

Why? are you holding back posting your normal disdain for the Rams?

I challenge you to post anything worse than what the StL contingency does right now. They've turned hating the Rams into a weekly art form.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawkpower":17z7rgnl said:
RedAlice":17z7rgnl said:
hawksfan515":17z7rgnl said:

Seahawks at #2, wooooo

So given all of your stated deficiencies, and knowing that you will soon crash and burn, that would be a bit depressing for me as a fan. Its a tease. Your current tie for first is a mirage.

Much more likely that some Rams fans secretly think there is something great brewing. Those are the fans that are being referenced in these posts. Just a reality check for any Rams fan who may need it.

You ignored the part where I said Rams are making progress. And progress is good.

Even being in the position to be able to crash and burn is progress.

I don't know that they will, either. As I said - anything else they accomplish this season they will have to earn.

It's no secret that I am not a supporter of Fisher. But, it is nice to see the team progressing and winning games they should win, rather than losing them.

I'm not a fan of the Rams just for this year, and seeing the team grow is what I want to see. Even with the admitted deficiencies, they are putting together wins. Something they have not done before.

So, yes, progress.

I'm not predicting a SB win here, I'm enjoying them being on top for the second week.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
RedAlice":21oubo0x said:
RolandDeschain":21oubo0x said:

Why? are you holding back posting your normal disdain for the Rams?

I challenge you to post anything worse than what the StL contingency does right now. They've turned hating the Rams into a weekly art form.
No, it's just that I'm going to start posting something annoyingly "taunty" directed at Pops on a regular basis soon. You'll see. Also, my "normal disdain for the Rams?" When have I ever had a habit of posting like that about them?

Laloosh

Reaction score
Roland, are you suggesting that the OP is only posting for effect? Say it ain't so... that would be trolling.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
RedAlice":2zbpfdam said:
Hawkpower":2zbpfdam said:
RedAlice":2zbpfdam said:
hawksfan515":2zbpfdam said:

Seahawks at #2, wooooo

You ignored the part where I said Rams are making progress. And progress is good.

Even being in the position to be able to crash and burn is progress.

I don't know that they will, either. As I said - anything else they accomplish this season they will have to earn.

It's no secret that I am not a supporter of Fisher. But, it is nice to see the team progressing and winning games they should win, rather than losing them.

I'm not a fan of the Rams just for this year, and seeing the team grow is what I want to see. Even with the admitted deficiencies, they are putting together wins. Something they have not done before.

So, yes, progress.

I'm not predicting a SB win here, I'm enjoying them being on top for the second week.

Right, and most of these snarky responses from Hawks fans arent being directed at you, but rather at Rex.

Either way enjoy your short lived tie and perceived progress I suppose. I guess that's what lowered expectations get you, joy over non accomplishments :)

Like I said, as a long suffering Mariners fan, I understand.

RedAlice

Reaction score
You guys have me thinking.

I do like the progress, as that matters. Losing teams lose games they could win. Winning teams win games they should win, and capitalize on mistakes of the opposing team to get a win.

At least in these three wins, Rams have done something they have not done in the last decade - be the winning team.

That is significant. In past years, Rams lose all three of those games.

Also, I do have high pride in some parts of the Rams. Donald is balls out insane. No offensive line player looks forward to knowing they will face him. Coaches have to plan for him. Brockers and Quinn are equally as deadly. Gaines made a pretty strong statement last week that he is now playing, first game we've had him this year. And TruJ is a player.

I don't know, this Rams team feels different than it has felt in a long time. Progress.

They could get destroyed by the Bills next week, or they could win. But, the team overall is developing.

yay.

Status
Not open for further replies.