Rams still in 1st place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedAlice

Reaction score
chris98251":35yz9swg said:
Patriots were Buffalo's Super Bowl, Rex knew who was starting :)

I expect the letdown as well as a infinite amount of complaining about things from the Bills afterwards, Rams should take the Bills, if they ere going East would flip the pick.

Reading their site, as I was doing earlier preparing my Rams game thread, wow!!!!!

They really think they beat the Pats and are absolutely a play-off caliber team now. I'm actually not sure what to think about this, tho you all might enjoy my summary of Buff fan's postings when I make it for my Rams site.

I'm also not sure how this affects my Rams home game next week. Obviously, the fans are not the players. But, these are two teams who have been losing and both are now happy to have some wins. I think the mind set of the players might actually be in the same place.

Buff is a noted bad team who is starting to prove themselves (as they think).

Rams are a beyond noted bad team starting to prove themselves (we believe that!)

Two teams, two sets of really bad coaches, two teams whose players feel they have something to prove. That matters more than anything we can type as fans.

I'm kinda thinking next week's game is a players game.

I thought last week was Fisher v Arians. And it was.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
rjdriver":ffn4eaw8 said:
Not to put a damper on this thread, but technically we are tied for first place with the Rams at 3-1. This is not the last game of the season, and there are no tie breakers for seeding or division winners to be considered. We are both 3-1 and tied for first in the division. Period.

Technically no, and there are tie breakers during the season to which I alluded in an earlier post. The last time it occurred was the strike shortened 1982 season. Given the current record of the Rams and Seahawks there is no doubt that if the regular season ended today the Rams would win the division and the Seahawks would get a wild card.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Natethegreat":nrw3w2g2 said:
As a life long Seahawk fan I am having a hard time understanding why some here are getting worked up about this thread(especially in this forum). Rams are in first 4 weeks in. If I was in there shoes I would be stoked too. Long ways to go obviously, but I'm sure they are aware of that fact.

Thanks Nate, you get it. Stoked I am for the first time in a very long time.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Pops":s1kdrbhh said:
rjdriver":s1kdrbhh said:
Not to put a damper on this thread, but technically we are tied for first place with the Rams at 3-1. This is not the last game of the season, and there are no tie breakers for seeding or division winners to be considered. We are both 3-1 and tied for first in the division. Period.

Technically no, and there are tie breakers during the season to which I alluded in an earlier post. The last time it occurred was the strike shortened 1982 season. Given the current record of the Rams and Seahawks there is no doubt that if the regular season ended today the Rams would win the division and the Seahawks would get a wild card.

Since there are no strikes on the horizon, I guess you'll have to deal with those pesky 13 weeks left in the season.

Plenty of time for Fisher to Fisher.

These threads will be fun to bump in December/January anyway, so by all means, keep starting one each week :)

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawkpower":36hxpbel said:
RedAlice":36hxpbel said:
Hawkpower"RedAlice":36hxpbel said:
rjdriver":36hxpbel said:

Not to put a damper on this thread, but tie breakers exist.

Rams are currently first, and Hawks are second.

It's true for the rest of the week. IF we end up tied at the end of the season, it will matter who beat who between us.

For this week, Rams are ahead of Hawks in the NFCW by all actual designations.

Now, time does go forward. But don't pretend you are in the lead this week.

Who was pretending? And who cares?

Both teams are 3-1 with 12 games to play. Having a mythical tiebreaker on October 3rd means jack.

Good lord.

Obviously, my response was not to you.

I think it's fun this week. With clear knowledge that a week is only a week.

Good lord. Or great lord to you!

go do something fun!

I am doing something fun :)

Interesting response though. Your tone changed quick. Sure seemed like you were lecturing a hawk fan for insinuating that there was a "tie" for first.

Maybe seeking fun activities should be on your to do list as well 8)

---

My tone didn't change at all. And this week, we are not tied for first. Rams are in first.

Pretty clear.

And, I'm in New Orleans....it's fun.

RedAlice

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3d15zayo said:
Pops":3d15zayo said:
rjdriver":3d15zayo said:

Since there are no strikes on the horizon, I guess you'll have to deal with those pesky 13 weeks left in the season.

These threads will be fun to bump in December/January anyway, so by all means, keep starting one each week :)

Rams are in first place this week and were last week.

Not saying what will happen next week or later - just enjoying this second week that has presented itself. Because it's been so long and facts are facts for right now. It's lovely for a few more days.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3oowjomv said:
Pops":3oowjomv said:
rjdriver":3oowjomv said:

Still the tie breakers exist and though academic at this point are still applicable. Of course the standings could change either way with 13 weeks remaining. Thanks, I do plan similar threads whenever the Rams are in 1st place and it is all in fun. I had no reasonable expectation of the Rams being in this position after the putrid showing against the 49ers but now with each week I see some improvement and that is heartening. The Rams were built for this division and being 13-13-1 within the division under Fisher proves it and now it must cross over into wins against the rest of the league. Doing so with Keenum at QB would appear to be a steep hill to climb but somehow he does just enough as his 6-2 record as a starter shows. Unless AZ can be solid at QB or the 49ers surprise everyone I believe its safe to say this division comes down to the Rams and Seahawks and for years to come at that. It should be a lot of fun.

253hawk

Reaction score
Who cares? It's not about how you start, it's how you finish. The season is 17 weeks, not 4.

Oh, nice snarky comment edit. :roll: Your reason wasn't even a reason, it was a personal attack.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Polaris":1nu8al49 said:
Remember that of the four games played thus far, the Rams have played three DIVISION games (and lost one of those). The sole non-divisional game they played is against a fairly mediocre Tampa Bay Team (Winston is good....the rest of the team not so much).

Given how the Rams generally play outside the division, I think they Crash and Burn soon enough.

And this is the fear. And why I am happy but not buying in just yet. We win this week, I'll hop on board the positivity train.

But let's talk about the last time Fisher went up against Rex Ryan. It remains as one of the top 5 of most disappointing losses under Fisher.

We had just come off of that epic 24-24 tie against the Niners - the game that "launched" Kaepernick. I literally couldn't sleep Sunday night I was so pissed about that tie. The Niners were, of course, really good that year. In that OT game, on the first play, we hit a 79 yard pass to get down to the Niners 1 yard line. Game over, fans heading for the exits......oh wait, illegal formation on the Rams. I was livid. Game ended up ending in a tie.

Fast forward to next week and we're 3-5-1, with a slew of winnable games coming up. We had lost close games to the Lions and Dolphins, gotten beat handily by the Packers and Patriots, and still didn't know what kind of team we were going to have.

We go up 7-0 on the Jets, who were a very bad team that year, and we were getting excited.

Then the Jets reeled off 27 straight points behind Mark Sanchez, and won 27-13 - and this was a home game for the Rams. We were the better team (slightly). Had home field advantage, and still lost.

So fast forward to this week and things are looking eerily similar....better team (slightly), home field, Fisher vs. Ryan...

We'll see what happens this time.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ramfan128":3rliu27f said:
Sgt. Largent":3rliu27f said:
Rams D is for real, but no way they can keep winning low scoring games in the last possession with that putrid offense.

Gonna need a better margin for error on the offensive side of the ball if the Rams are going to be playoff contenders, I predict they're coming back down to earth in the next 3-4 weeks.

Maybe, but on the flip side it's not realistic to expect Gurley and the running game to keep being held down.

That with the penalties and dropped passes (which may not get better)....there's a TON of room for improvement out of this offense.

Gurley will continue to be frustrated and held down until the Rams get a real QB because teams will continue to pack the box to stop him because Keenum stinks.

Sorry but Keenum isn't the answer, unless the question is "we need the 31st rated journeyman QB who throws for 160 yards a game and a pick, who can we get?"

Rams D will continue to keep you in games, but that offense isn't getting better anytime soon.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
So will the Rams still be in first if they lose this weekend? :stirthepot:

"We have just as many wins"

"but you have more losses"

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
bigskydoc":uqp53xt7 said:

If both the Rams and Seahawks win or lose the Rams will still be in 1st place.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Pops":2bny7pnr said:
bigskydoc":2bny7pnr said:

The Seahawks don't play

2_0_6

Reaction score
Rams are going to kill Buffalo this week.

So we will get to hear Pops beat his drum all next week about a 4-1 team who then goes on the road to play a craptastic Detroit team.

It is entirely possible that the Rams could start off going 5-1 then home against the Giants, Panthers then on the road against the Jets.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Pops":2wu5ltxw said:
bigskydoc":2wu5ltxw said:

If you want to get technical, Seattle doesn't play and if the Rams lose they will have a worse winnning % than Seattle and Seattle would be ahead of LA, but who cares it's week 5. They don't give out ribbons, prizes, or shiny silver trophys for standings in week 5.

Most of us here are not "moral victory" guy's and gals, but if that's your thing well......

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Uncle Si":36reiyf4 said:
Pops":36reiyf4 said:
bigskydoc":36reiyf4 said:

The Seahawks don't play

Thanks I should have read that post better.

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":5shqq1yf said:

So we will get to hear Pops beat his drum all next week about a 4-1 team who then goes on the road to play a craptastic Detroit team.

It is entirely possible that the Rams could start off going 5-1 then home against the Giants, Panthers then on the road against the Jets.

Do bongos count?

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":39ejkaiz said:
Pops":39ejkaiz said:
bigskydoc":39ejkaiz said:

If you want to get technical, Seattle doesn't play and if the Rams lose they will have a worse winnning % than Seattle and Seattle would be ahead of LA, but who cares it's week 5. They don't give out ribbons, prizes, or shiny silver trophys for standings in week 5.

Most of us here are not "moral victory" guy's and gals, but if that's your thing well......

Absolutely I'm a moral victory kind of guy because I'm a Rams fan. For a long time it has been all I've had. Until it isn't. I'm so looking forward to that day.

About that winning percentage while not playing the same amount of games I do not know since in '82 every team had played 9 games. That would be interesting to find out.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Pops":rvqsqv14 said:
Hawk_Nation":rvqsqv14 said:

Do bongos count?

Can trolls play those?

OP
OP
P

Pops

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":i1vjhqcc said:
Pops":i1vjhqcc said:
Hawk_Nation":i1vjhqcc said:

Do bongos count?

Can trolls play those?

Yes, but the stone bridge ruins the acoustics.

Status
Not open for further replies.