******Rumor .........make of it what you will***************

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Rat":13v9aglz said:
Hawkscanner":13v9aglz said:
I don't see that there is any John Schneider himself would ever be so stupid as to engage in anything like that. And Schneider himself said that to Mitch the other day. Mitch tried to do the hypothetical (not saying any names) high price free agent thing ... and Schneider told him flat out he wasn't going there. He told Mitch that he wouldn't comment on that because he likes draft picks and didn't want to lose any from the NFL for tampering ...

http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/media...itchinthemorning/211-john-schneider-25808388/

So, we'll see.
What would you expect him to say on the radio?

Yeah, that's precisely what I'd expect him to say on the radio. And I'd further add that it shows that Schneider is very aware of tampering. If there were even the slightest hint of a "wink-wink nod nod" kind of deal, you'd better believe that Goodell and his boys would be at Seahawks HQ within the hour. Schneider knows that as well, which is why I don't buy that anything could possibly be coming from the Seahawks FO. Now, could Seahawk players themselves be talking with Suh ... and that those numbers are ones that Suh himself has thrown out there? Maybe. I'm not buying that in a million years that any of this is coming from Schneider and the FO.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
He says Suh is a done deal to Seattle. 4 years $55M"
Pe pretty much summed it up for me. It looks nearly identical to what Bennett did, very good money but not nearly what he "could" get if all that mattered to him was money, which would be kind of moot given the amount of money he already made while playing for a bad team.

But honestly I need to see it to believe it at this point because no matter how you slice it those numbers are damned low.

This would be amazing, but I was also very excited when Jared Allen was a done deal.
Meh, he's done and even when he was young he doesn't come anywhere near what Suh does on a regular basis anyway.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":3i5ylgfr said:
lukerguy":3i5ylgfr said:
Ace_Rimmer":3i5ylgfr said:
marko358":3i5ylgfr said:
Aren't there tampering rules in place for this sort of stuff? I couldn't imagine the Hawks talking to him and risking all sorts of fines and penalties such as losing draft picks.

This stuff goes on all the time. Why do you think that at 1 minute after free agency, we see guys getting signed?

Because there is a few day period prior to FA opening where FO is allowed to negotiate contracts...

This would be blatant tampering, and this type of thing does not happen all the time.

If you think that this stuff doesn't happen, then you need to give your head a shake because it does.

Oh..okay? Why because you say so?

northseahawk

Reaction score
How the hell would a player know such a huge secret especially if it could get the team in huge trouble.
This is just bs!

LTH

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":3sy2fbzy said:
Excuse me, but I'm going to keep my rubber boots on for this one.

Aside from the fact that the Seahawks and Suh can't even talk right now, this is coming from a poster who just registered (45 posts)

In other words, if it looks like poo, and smell's like poo, it's probably poo - no need to taste it.

I agree...

Thats not to say there is not a way for this to happen and that it wont happen... At this point there are so many factors involved its imposible to accurately guess...

I do think there will be movement at DT and it would not surprise me in the least if they restructure the position in FA and the draft and clear some cap space...

I could tell in JS interview through his tone that there is stress at the thought of the position... Not sure what that means if it was because Mitch was pressuring JS or where it was coming from but that was my impression.. It probably means that they dont have a clear understanding of how the position is going to play out...

LTH

OP
OP
J

jlaff35

Reaction score
It was not JKearse. And no, I'm not a troll. Sorry I only have 45 posts or whatever, but I write more stuff on my own blog hawksontap.com rather than spending time posting on message boards. Also, sorry I know how to spell and use punctuation, I know that is a rarity on here. It was simply a rumor that my friend passed on to me, in a situation where he has zero incentive to lie to me, so I chose to pass it on to this forum to generate discussion. I'm not promising it is going to happen, and frankly I don't even think I want it to happen.

drdiags

Reaction score
I appreciate the info. It gives folks something to talk about. The title says rumor, so no one can claim to be mislead if it doesn't happen. The cynics point to past rumors that don't happen, so there should be some healthy skepticism. But if the OP can handle the blow-back I say don't stop providing these snippets. People can choose not to buy it or it can have them think of how it could happen and what moves would have to happen to make it come true.

We have had folks shut-off any insider info because the OP usually gets lambasted but as long as they offer disclaimers and go through the filter Rockhawk and the site use from time to time, I like hearing about these potential snippets. The deal already being set in place could be true as far as initial parameters but until after the combine I would doubt it is in concrete. And I gather with the new 3 day window, the Indy moving and shaking may be less an impact but who knows?

nwHawk

Reaction score
Surprised no one has brought this up, but Suh's impact on our linebackers would be huge as well. Suh in the middle helps Wagner just that much more to occupy blockers so he stays clean to make plays. Solidifies him as the best middle linebacker in the NFL, which us Hawks fans already know. It helps KJ in pass coverage by collapsing the pocket. It really helps Avril who should have had more sacks last year, but QBs weren't "afraid" to step up in the pocket. Suh definitely changes that problem. And he's athletic enough to drop into the shallow zone that we ask our tackles to do.

We've had really good luck bringing in veteran D-Lineman and drafting other parts. Definitely possible.

LTH

Reaction score
nwHawk":11bk0iv8 said:
Surprised no one has brought this up, but Suh's impact on our linebackers would be huge as well. Suh in the middle helps Wagner just that much more to occupy blockers so he stays clean to make plays. Solidifies him as the best middle linebacker in the NFL, which us Hawks fans already know. It helps KJ in pass coverage by collapsing the pocket. It really helps Avril who should have had more sacks last year, but QBs weren't "afraid" to step up in the pocket. Suh definitely changes that problem. And he's athletic enough to drop into the shallow zone that we ask our tackles to do.

We've had really good luck bringing in veteran D-Lineman and drafting other parts. Definitely possible.

Not to mention that If they can not sign Maxwell and have a rookie at that corner spot Suh's pass rush will help out that rook

LTH

Rat

Reaction score
LTH":gbtla5hn said:
nwHawk":gbtla5hn said:

Not to mention that If they can not sign Maxwell and have a rookie at that corner spot Suh's pass rush will help out that rook

LTH
No way a rookie starts over Simon, who was pretty impressive for most of the season. The only issue I have with Simon is health, but if he's on the field, he's yet another late round DB stud found by our front office.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Everyone seems a little too eager to just dump Mebane. THAT dude is a force and has been the anchor of this D line for half a decade. He's only 30 at a position that routinely sees production up to 35. We were a different defense without him in there.

The ONLY way I move on from Bane is if we can **guarantee** Suh for 5 years.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
CANHawk":2c4jprlv said:
Everyone seems a little too eager to just dump Mebane. THAT dude is a force and has been the anchor of this D line for half a decade. He's only 30 at a position that routinely sees production up to 35. We were a different defense without him in there.

Not eager just accepting the possibility that he may never be what he was given the nature/type of injury, position played, and age. Now factor in that there might be a realistic chance of landing Suh and it's a total no brainer to move on from Mebane.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Rat":1zidba4r said:
LTH":1zidba4r said:
nwHawk":1zidba4r said:

LTH
No way a rookie starts over Simon, who was pretty impressive for most of the season. The only issue I have with Simon is health, but if he's on the field, he's yet another late round DB stud found by our front office.

I agree. It's too bad Simon got injures this season because he was playing very well on the outside and then got replaced with little chance to get quality reps until Lane when down in the Bowl. The team believes in Simon. Sherman talked up Simon before he got hurt.

nwHawk

Reaction score
quote="MizzouHawkGal"]
CANHawk":2ftdbur3 said:

Not eager just accepting the possibility that he may never be what he was given the nature/type of injury, position played, and age. Now factor in that there might be a realistic chance of landing Suh and it's a total no brainer to move on from Mebane.[/quote]

AGREED. I love Mebane, but Suh's been the real deal since he came out of college. Mebane is a 2 down player that doesn't really impact the passing game anymore.

We survived losing Big Red's leadership and run stopping presence, and Clemmons an near ideal fit at Leo to get back to the SuperBowl. And still we had one of the league's best defenses even after Mebane went down.

If there's a chance, you make this happen.

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
lukerguy":dr3uvdzi said:
Ace_Rimmer":dr3uvdzi said:
If you think that this stuff doesn't happen, then you need to give your head a shake because it does.

Oh..okay? Why because you say so?

I think the point is you and some other posters in this thread seem to think you have a firm grasp on the inner workings of how free agent deals go down and to what capacity and when some workers in the organization (so not necessary Pete and John themselves) are talking to free agent players and making thing happen before the actual time permitted for them to make an actual offer. Which is kind of laughable, and is making certain posts seems pretty naive. It's like saying politicians never work shady gray-area deals with lobbyists because the law forbids them

CANHawk

Reaction score
nwHawk":2tvhnqm0 said:
MizzouHawkGal":2tvhnqm0 said:
CANHawk":2tvhnqm0 said:

Not eager just accepting the possibility that he may never be what he was given the nature/type of injury, position played, and age. Now factor in that there might be a realistic chance of landing Suh and it's a total no brainer to move on from Mebane.

AGREED. I love Mebane, but Suh's been the real deal since he came out of college. Mebane is a 2 down player that doesn't really impact the passing game anymore.

We survived losing Big Red's leadership and run stopping presence, and Clemmons an near ideal fit at Leo to get back to the SuperBowl. And still we had one of the league's best defenses even after Mebane went down.

If there's a chance, you make this happen.

Go home you guys, you're drunk. He tore a hamstring, he didn't sever his PCL or rupture his Achilles or get shot. He'll be back, I doubt he even starts the season on the PUP. There are very few guys in the league that can take on a double team from the 1 tech like Mebane does. That totally opens things up for Bennett et al. Lucky for us, we had another guy in Kevin Williams who could kinda still do it, so we didn't quite feel the sting of losing Bane, but HIS career is running on fumes at this point and I highly doubt HE'S back next year.

I agree if we can land Suh long term then it's probably worth it, but it's not a decision to be made lightly. This isn't Red Bryant or an aging Chris Clemons we're talking about here...

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Carson Palmer, It was a done deal where is he?

I appreciate the information, and I am sure your source is a good resource, but remember leaked information is just that, sometimes to start speculation, and make others think something is going on that isn't.

Also it is a fact that media and other NFL people visit message boards and other information streams to test the temperature of the waters and see what the talk is etc. They read something like this and pass it on and it gets to the media and it's a rumor.

Going into the draft and F.A. the bait and switch and misdirect is almost as important as getting your players, send teams on wild goose chances and wasting resources and time following up rumors and trying to solidify a target they have if they think there is a chance to lose him.

If it comes to pass, well it's nice that you posted it here for discussion and thank you.

This board has attacked and beat up more inside information people then I can count, if it doesn't happen right away the OP is a liar or attention whore, why so many have declined to do it anymore, rather then take it as a possibility they would rather beat up the person and run him through a shredding machine.

Hawks46

Reaction score
kidhawk":xnli3s9v said:
As far as getting closer to home is concerned, Oakland has a TON more money than we do....more NEED than we have, and is less than a 2 hour flight. The only real factor we have over Oakland is being a current perennial winner.

You did see him break down after their play off loss, right ? This guy wants to win, and Oakland isn't the place for that right now.

Matter of fact, a somewhat dysfunctional player might not find the most dysfunctional franchise in the last decade a good place to land as a career choice.

As for the comparisons to the Harvin deal, it's pretty different. We were a team on the verge with Harvin, and we also gave up a few draft picks. The entire Harvin fiasco would be seen in a somewhat different light if we had signed him in FA and not traded all those picks away.

With Suh, it's all on the field stuff. He's been proven to be a great team mate, unlike Harvin. Suh is just ultra competitive and goes too far on the field. He'd be surrounded here with a bunch of guys just as competitive as him, but with stronger leadership than Detroit's defensive guys. He's also coming to a winning tradition. New England had good luck with troubled vets going there....it was rumored that Bellichick was good at handling them, but I've read articles where players basically said you were going into this locker room of respected vets that were SB champions. Basically you shut up and did what was expected because these guys were winners and knew what it took.

From a personality stand point, as well as scheme fit, it would work out great for both parties. I wouldn't want to lose too much to get him though. Wilson couldn't max his deal out, Wagner probably couldn't either, but I'd bet they could keep at least Mebane and maybe Williams.

Hawks46

Reaction score
vin.couve12":1mjer61j said:
Why bother pasting some media hacks unsubstantiated guess at something as if it has more merit than even someone on a board?

Not that I have a stake in this thread. It just cracks me up every time.

Agreed. Not to mention that he threw in the "@Detroit". Seriously, Detroit has NO cap room at all. They'd have to cut a few guys along with restructuring Megatron and Doughboy to get that contract done. I don't think so. If you're going to wildly predict something, at least try to make it somewhat believable.

Latest posts