Seahawks trade for Terrelle Pryor

Geologic

Reaction score
Cut Wilson free Terrelle "Peezuz" Pryor

:sarcasm_off:

but I still love T-Peezy. I wish that he wasn't on the Seahawks, I still think he could be a franchise QB with the right coaching staff.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
Guys, this move was not made with the intent of allowing Pryor to come into games to run telegraphed "trick plays." Tarvaris Jackson is locked in as the #2 QB, and teams simply do not carry 3 QB's on their 46-man active gameday roster (and in the case of the Hawks, they've very rarely even carried 3 QB's on their full 53-man roster). This was done to allow Pryor the opportunity to audition for a long-term role as Jackson's heir apparent as the #2 QB beginning in 2015 (as Jackson is only signed thru 2014, and is a vested veteran with a guaranteed minimum salary well north of $1M/annually for as long as he keeps playing).

Rat

Reaction score
As a huge Buckeyes fan, I hate Terrelle Pryor. Hands down my least favorite player in the league, and I will not root for him as a member of this team. I laughed when that selfish ***** got injured last year.

I'd expand on my hatred of him, but this isn't the shack.

I HATE, HATE, HATE this move.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
I'm liking this move more and more. Maybe its reading too much into JS's statement about Pryor, but he doesn't even mention QB.

253hawk

Reaction score
I'll never forget him clowning the Stealers last season for a 93 yard TD on the opening play.

Supposedly the 49ers were interested in him, too, so that's probably why.

Geologic

Reaction score
Imagine Russell Wilson, Christine Michael, Percy Harvin and T-Peezy backfield.

Imagine stopping that.

jake206

Reaction score
He reminds me alot of Kaepernick...lanky and long strider.

[youtube]AcROxXhnACE[/youtube]

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Wait . . . they gave away a 7th Round pick (leaving them only six) to save $300k for one year, which is the difference between Jackson and Pryor's contracts.

I guess they REALLY need that money.

SirTed

Reaction score
I'm confused...by all the confusion over this.

The Seahawks traded a 7th rounder for a premiere athlete who they (likely) believe they could mold into a serviceable QB. This type of move should surprise anyone.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3eox56fn said:
Wait . . . they gave away a 7th Round pick (leaving them only six) to save $500k for one year, which is the difference between Jackson and Pryor's contracts.

They're not getting rid of TJack

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1vd7qv9r said:
Wait . . . they gave away a 7th Round pick (leaving them only six) to save $500k for one year, which is the difference between Jackson and Pryor's contracts.

No. Jackson isn't going anywhere, and his 2014 contract is fully guaranteed. Pryor is here to compete with BJ Daniels for the #3 job in 2014, and the #2 job in future seasons. This move has nothing to do with Jackson or cap room or anything else.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
SirTed":3u7rpajv said:

The Seahawks traded a 7th rounder for a premiere athlete who they (likely) believe they could mold into a serviceable QB. This type of move should surprise anyone.

Extending Pryor after this year could cost money they won't have. How much are they willing to spend on a 3rd string QB?

hawknation2014

Reaction score
NorthDallas40oz":3owd61x0 said:
hawknation2014":3owd61x0 said:

No. Jackson isn't going anywhere, and his 2014 contract is fully guaranteed. Pryor is here to compete with BJ Daniels for the #3 job in 2014, and the #2 job in future seasons. This move has nothing to do with Jackson or cap room or anything else.

No, only Jackson's signing bonus is guaranteed. And it's unlikely they would extend/re-sign Pryor to play 3rd string.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/seattle-seah ... s-jackson/

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
hawknation2014":30joqxen said:
SirTed":30joqxen said:

Extending Pryor after this year could cost money they won't have. How much are they willing to spend on a 3rd string QB?
If Pryor proves good enough to be re-signed after 2014, it would be as the #2 QB. Jackson's deal is only for 2014.

FortWorthSeahawk

Reaction score
SirTed":2hjbuo5s said:

Exactly. If you don't get this...you're waaaaaaaaaay overthinking the situation.

*Panics because the Seahawks used a 7th round pick on 2nd/3rd round athletic potential*

Oh wait...no I'm not.

OP
OP
-The Glove-

-The Glove-

Reaction score
hawknation2014":75tpdst4 said:
NorthDallas40oz":75tpdst4 said:
hawknation2014":75tpdst4 said:

No, only Jackson's signing bonus is guaranteed. And it's unlikely they would extend/re-sign Pryor to play 3rd string.

Seahawks backup quarterback Tarvaris Jackson has re-signed with the club for the 2014 season. He'll make a fully guaranteed $1.25M, plus have up to $750k in play-time incentives. With Jackson's salary fully guaranteed, it's most likely he's not just a hedge for B.J. Daniels and the Draft, and it seems likely Jackson will remain the primary backup to Russell Wilson when it's all said and done. The competition will be on -- it always is -- but Jackson is one of the league's better backup quarterback options, particularly for Seattle.

NorthDallas40oz

Reaction score
hawknation2014":3ngwx49k said:
NorthDallas40oz":3ngwx49k said:
hawknation2014":3ngwx49k said:

Nope, sorry kid, but Spotrac is wrong. TJack's deal is fully guaranteed....

http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team= ... &Year=2014

If you don't believe that, just Google it.

Latest posts