the luck Wilson debate is over

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":2t05rt6q said:
"Now when you are trying to hold your ground against someone you don't stand straight up, so a 6'4 center would then bend his knees to block a D-Tackle. So if you're understanding the math this creates a measurable window between the QBs hand (he raises it above his arm to throw the ball) and the center (or dtackles) heads. This window is 6+ inches larger for Luck than Wilson."

What gives you those "facts?" Science? "creates a 'measurable' window..." Measurable how, dude? By what criteria? Did you measure it? Do you have facts? Data? Conclusions that are yours or scientific in any way?

Before you go belittling a fellow fan's understanding of "the human body? or football in general, why don't you take it easy a bit and calm down and learn to think for yourself and present arguments with researched facts combined with original ideas?

dude that is great but that mean Luck is better than any QB under 6-=4 which is garbage and as I have Wilson has better numbers in the pocket than Luck. SO obviously that extra 6 inches is not helping Luck much. I mean really all you go tis size that is pathetic and proves Wilson is better. He has to be for his career numbers to be so much better than Lucks despite the 6 inch difference. SO thanks for proving the point Wilson better than Luck

ObePwnD

Reaction score
Anthony!":3u9b6uq0 said:
ObePwnD":3u9b6uq0 said:
Microfiber":3u9b6uq0 said:
Wilson is not in the same class as luck. I've been a die hard Wilson supporter, but he's 16-20 range.

I see nothing wrong with Wilson's game, other than your teams play calling. Now, do you have the best defense in the NFL? That's the question. Last year's defense with this years offense, would have easily won that game. Just saying.

That's the point there are a select few suppose fans who are really trolls who despite the facts do not get it and never will. I also agree last years defense with this year offense would have won the game.

Every forum has those types...human nature I guess. The webzone has our share negative Nancy fans too.

If you look at all the QBs in the league, I would say you guys are very lucky to have Wilson; he's special. But once again, he's not the problem, at all.

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
Anthony!":v0wuuf7j said:
SeeHawkRun":v0wuuf7j said:
"Now when you are trying to hold your ground against someone you don't stand straight up, so a 6'4 center would then bend his knees to block a D-Tackle. So if you're understanding the math this creates a measurable window between the QBs hand (he raises it above his arm to throw the ball) and the center (or dtackles) heads. This window is 6+ inches larger for Luck than Wilson."

What gives you those "facts?" Science? "creates a 'measurable' window..." Measurable how, dude? By what criteria? Did you measure it? Do you have facts? Data? Conclusions that are yours or scientific in any way?

Before you go belittling a fellow fan's understanding of "the human body? or football in general, why don't you take it easy a bit and calm down and learn to think for yourself and present arguments with researched facts combined with original ideas?

dude that is great but that mean Luck is better than any QB under 6-=4 which is garbage and as I have Wilson has better numbers in the pocket than Luck. SO obviously that extra 6 inches is not helping Luck much. I mean really all you go tis size that is pathetic and proves Wilson is better. He has to be for his career numbers to be so much better than Lucks despite the 6 inch difference. SO thanks for proving the point Wilson better than Luck

Probably just a misunderstanding.

I agree that Wilson is better. I've been saying it all along. I was initially replying to the line that said :

"RW cannot stand directly behind the center and throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center."

I responded with:

"Almost no one can do that, tho. Who cares? Luck is listed at 6-4. His center, Jonotthan Harrison is also listed at 6-4. So, if I'm understanding your criteria correctly, Luck also cannot "throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center," Unless, I suppose the center was on the ground or ducking to a large degree."

I think we got our wires crossed.

Giedi

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3ha3v4db said:
RW has to move to have a clear view of the pocket, even then he overthrows sometimes.

The difference is height. RW is an elite QB he's really good, Luck is just going to be a little better (and way better later in career) because he can't be schemed against as easily as Wilson, you can't just say "ok we're going to force him to stay in the pocket" because it plays to his strengths. RW is at his best when he finds lanes, because of his height.

Again not saying he's not a great franchise QB RW is, but our team would be better with Luck. If they are both the same height it's Wilson no doubt.

Anthony!":3ha3v4db said:
Chawks1":3ha3v4db said:
I agree I'd take luck over RW. Luck can do evrything RW can do but RW cant do everything Luck can do.....RW does not see the field or read blitzes as well as Luck. That being said i would take RW over every other QB in the NFL except Luck and Rodgers....no question

great but nothing you said is true so keep believing that. There is nothing Luck has done that Rw cannot do and that is a proven fact

RW cannot stand directly behind the center and throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center.
Unfortunately I have to agree.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Who comes on a message board after a 300+ yards passing, 100+ yards rushing, 3 TD's and zero turnover game claiming the QB is in the bottom half of the league and even bottom third of the league? A troll. Ridiculous.

northseahawk

Reaction score
To the O - lineman for their penalties. Start sitting their asses down because their backups can't possibly be any worst than them.

I remember Pete benching Giacomini last year and it seemed like after that, he was a totally different player.

We need discipline and order on this team!

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
TheRealDTM":3gsr8qgo said:
RW has to move to have a clear view of the pocket, even then he overthrows sometimes.

The difference is height. RW is an elite QB he's really good, Luck is just going to be a little better (and way better later in career) because he can't be schemed against as easily as Wilson, you can't just say "ok we're going to force him to stay in the pocket" because it plays to his strengths. RW is at his best when he finds lanes, because of his height.

Again not saying he's not a great franchise QB RW is, but our team would be better with Luck. If they are both the same height it's Wilson no doubt.

Anthony!":3gsr8qgo said:
Chawks1":3gsr8qgo said:
I agree I'd take luck over RW. Luck can do evrything RW can do but RW cant do everything Luck can do.....RW does not see the field or read blitzes as well as Luck. That being said i would take RW over every other QB in the NFL except Luck and Rodgers....no question

great but nothing you said is true so keep believing that. There is nothing Luck has done that Rw cannot do and that is a proven fact

RW cannot stand directly behind the center and throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center.
Bull. He does it all the time. If you give him time and a nice pocket he throws strikes down the field with ease, including in the middle of the field. Several seam passes today were just like that. Does he bail on the pocket early and make the oline look bad sometimes, ya sure. But that's only because he's got game after game of conditioning telling him he's got about 1.0 seconds to do something. Also, he bails sometimes from a good pocket to pressure the defense when our receivers aren't getting open.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
HawkFan72":3iuzwpf5 said:
With our O-line, Luck would either A) Be on his back the whole game or B) Throw up duck INTs on every play to avoid going on his back every play.

I agree with this...Today there were so many times when Wilson completed his drop and there was a free rusher coming toward him within a few feet.

Giedi

Reaction score
northseahawk":z30wpt2e said:
Iv been the most harsh on RW, but here is my take. He has so much potential and skills n brain to be an awsome qb, but he is soo suppressed by the coaches/playcalling, his O - line and also himself being too conservative. I think the coaches need to let him have power and let him manage this offense.
You have a point about the coaches. Pearcy was a wonderful talent. For a coach to not be able to integrate his talents into the offense really puzzles me, unless that coach can't either from an x's and o's standpoint or a interpersonal skill standpoint.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Steve2222":1j3zd9ze said:
This is kind of an odd game to make the claim that Luck is better than Wilson.

I guess 300+ yards throwing, 100+ yards rushing, 3 TDs, 0 turnovers isn't good enough

:: shrugs ::

Especially in a week where Lucks D

1. Allowed zero points
2. Allowed like 8 first downs
3. Allowed only 100 something total yards
4. Had 4 sacks

Luck scored 2TD with another Rushing TD by a RB and 2 FGs in 13 drives
Russ scored 3TD with 2 FGs in 9 drives

Indy had 9 drives in the first half and came away with 10 points

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
253hawk":yon6eyi9 said:
Bobblehead":yon6eyi9 said:
I don't know, all that talk that Russell has more to work with?
Not sure

I am sure that Luck has better pass protection
better recievers
and in a easier league.

And a division that's been utter trash since before Peyton Manning was drafted to the Colts. 8 div. titles for them in the 12 years since the realignment...it's putrid.

Ya Texans, Jags and Titans...real powerhouse teams right there lmao. Texans have been ok lately, Titans were good with Mcnair but ya outside that those 3 teams have pretty much sucked the last 10 years

HuskerHawk

Reaction score
The fact that despite Wilson becoming the 1st player in NFL history to pass for 300 yds (and 2 tds) and run for 100 yds (and 1 td), play an amazing game overall, while getting his ass kicked and chased around for 60 minutes, and nearly leading his team to an epic comeback is getting very little run anywhere is proof that the narrative is not in his favor. If Luck or Griffin would have done that they'd be hailed as a hero. I know Wilson gets his, but usually only when the team wins and it's in front of a national audience. Listen, I really really like Luck. I think he's an excellent player and model person. He's one of the best young qbs in NFL history. I just have a major problem when I hear Wilson is not as good. It's tough to say one is definitively better, but if anyone was honestly going to make an objective case, the worst you could say about Wilson is he's just as good.

TheRealDTM

Reaction score
Anthony!":3b8iahg5 said:
TheRealDTM":3b8iahg5 said:
You can be in the pocket and still have to move for throwing lanes, RW has to more than Luck.

Hm now all you have to do is prove it, which you cannot, I guess since Luck is 6-4 and Aaron Rodgers is only 6-2 that make Luck better than Rodgers to? Answer NO and nothing you have said proves anything. You are using height because you know tis all you have which is pathetic. So sorry your still wrong

I can prove that Luck can see over RW.

sutz

Reaction score
So, is 16-20 a FF rating? Madden?

:229031_shrug:

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Smellyman":f0a6h2i9 said:
Microfiber":f0a6h2i9 said:
Wilson is not in the same class as luck. I've been a die hard Wilson supporter, but he's 16-20 range.

you clearly did not watch the game today.

or are being obtuse
Doesn't matter. Thus dude a well-documented Wilson hater.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Wilson's second half performance was the reason we had any shot at this game. He was amazing.

Wilson played poorly in the first half of this game and contributed significantly to the deficit.

Both these things can be true.

Anthony!

Reaction score
SeeHawkRun":2iw2a87w said:
Anthony!":2iw2a87w said:
SeeHawkRun":2iw2a87w said:

Probably just a misunderstanding.

I agree that Wilson is better. I've been saying it all along. I was initially replying to the line that said :

"RW cannot stand directly behind the center and throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center."

I responded with:

"Almost no one can do that, tho. Who cares? Luck is listed at 6-4. His center, Jonotthan Harrison is also listed at 6-4. So, if I'm understanding your criteria correctly, Luck also cannot "throw a pass vertically downward to a RB in front of the center," Unless, I suppose the center was on the ground or ducking to a large degree."

I think we got our wires crossed.

Okay I can see that