The next coach

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
McGruff":2uyd42cc said:
Hawker8989":2uyd42cc said:
I'd look at bringing back Holmgren when Pete leaves.

I would prefer Bevell

The original poster was quite serious. He was showing concern for the franchise.
However, who knows what condition we will find the NFL. Their could be legislation to outlaw such "brutality"!!
The political scene is so unstable these days, who knows what we will see in 2021 and beyond?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":3dvfvzjl said:
TwistedHusky":3dvfvzjl said:
There is a general rule in life that things are rarely as good as you hope or as bad as you fear.

When Carroll leaves, we won't be able to replace him. He is one of the best coaches Seattle has ever had and one of the best in the NFL.

You don't replace that. Someone else will come in and for a while people, myself included, will freak out because he is not Pete Carroll. But we likely won't become a dumpster fire when he leaves either.

Regardless, Carroll drives me crazy with his ridiculously conservative bent sometimes. His being a defensive-minded coach sometimes (often) results in him not using Wilson and our offensive weapons as well as he could. But there is no doubt that Seattle will not see this kind of success repeated for a long time after he leaves...because generally, coaches do not keep winning like he has even through the rebuild.

So instead of worrying about that time, it might be a good time to really appreciate what we have now.

We are most definitely in the glory years of Seahawks football. Doing my best to enjoy each season each game and each play as they come.

Damn, some bummers up in here.

For sure Pete is a special coach, but there are other special coaches out there that could most definitely keep this train rolling......especially if Schneider and Russell are still here.

I mean, Schneider's only what, in his late 40's? He could GM for another 20 years if he wanted.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm sticking with the Clemson coach..I know people who like more offense
would love the guy..He also likes a vicious D

fenderbender123

Reaction score
DomeHawk":126yeszq said:
fenderbender123":126yeszq said:
stang233":126yeszq said:
Chris Petersen

I'd prefer we didn't take a great coach from a team I already cheer for every week.

CP is a college football coach. Period.

I think he is perfect for CFB because I think college students are at the perfect age to have a bit of a hardass as a coach and mentor in life. Not too much of a hardass, but just the right amount. And Petersen delivers that.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Vesuve":vfs8fqhk said:
We're looking too far ahead.

Exactly, we really need to be worrying about the next couple Super Bowls we're playing in. :irishdrinkers:

Go Hawks!!!

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
I would have to go with Oklahoma's Lincoln Riley. Not sure he would move as OU is a pretty plush job, but maybe if the money and situation is right.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
CPHawk":1i7y4ypt said:
Jim Harbaugh.

Giphy

Harbaugh can't even turn around Michigan's program to compete with Penn State and Ohio State in his own conference, at his Alma Mater, with all the resources and recruiting he needs.......and you want him back in the NFL coaching our team?

Dude's a complete and utter jackass whackjob. HARD PASS.

Latest posts