The Offensive Linemen

sdog1981

Reaction score
brimsalabim":bo5vmpwb said:
Solari doesn’t have them triple jumping and high jumping? It’s strange to see pictures of actual blocking drills.

Beat me to the post. Linemen should never leave their feet all of their power comes from both feet firmly planted on the ground.

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
sdog1981":2bzls4ro said:
brimsalabim":2bzls4ro said:
Solari doesn’t have them triple jumping and high jumping? It’s strange to see pictures of actual blocking drills.

Beat me to the post. Linemen should never leave their feet all of their power comes from both feet firmly planted on the ground.

Unless of course it's doing weighted box jumps to improve explosive power.

chris98251

Reaction score
What I see is Solari is starting from ground zero and starting with basics, fundamentals and technique. Teaching the right way and trying to get them to unlearn the ummmm other way. He is going to be the hardest worked coach on the team thru OTA's and training camp. Unlearning is harder to do then learn.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":35be9in9 said:
sdog1981":35be9in9 said:
brimsalabim":35be9in9 said:

Unless of course it's doing weighted box jumps to improve explosive power.

Also true. The picture I remember seeing was the linemen doing there on field stuff and Cable was having them jump and not box jump kind of jump.

toffee

Reaction score
This season, our rebuild, our resurgence, Pete career with the Hawks, heck Pete’s legacy is in solaris’ hands. A single point of failure.

Little doubt that Pete lost part of the locker room since the fatal interception. This season is the much needed reset to cleanse the stench, with full support from Paul and homers like Toffee. As far as reset goes, Pete has done the least when it comes to OL, only adding Fluker; hence the beating we having been taking from so call experts.

I suspect the lack of personnel changes on OL has a strong input from Solaris. He must saw something that other experts couldn’t and Pete trusted him.

As a 12, I am praying Solaris’ correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm hoping that under Solari's tutelage that the offensive lineman can actually perform the primary responsibilities of their position. Unlearn the things like "diving at one's knees" that Cable attempted to teach them. That picture from the Packer game last year says it best how the OL functioned under Cable. Orange cones would have been more effective at blocking.

Stock photo road cone on the asphalt 165292595

Seymour

Reaction score
How could it NOT get better???? :roll: :roll: :pukeface:

5 whiffed cuts & a fumbled snap

[tweet]https://twitter.com/ShaunOHara60/status/912372456245141504[/tweet]

Jville

Reaction score
toffee":17njv47g said:
Jville":17njv47g said:
Smdug8fvrbdhucxnwvxc

Isaiah Battle, who was once listed at 290 lbs, looks to be a legitimate 310 lbs now. K.C. Chiefs might very well get that conditional draft pick from Seattle. Always encouraging to see a trade on schedule to become a win / win / win.

Cqxjvbdhed83yl9xxvih

Long long legs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should note my error ........ in that given that he was released twice, that presumably negated the conditional draft pick.

Battle was drafted, as a development project, by St. Louis in the 2015 supplemental draft, and spent all but seven weeks of his two years with the St. Louis and Los Angeles Rams on the practice squad.
After two seasons with the Rams, he signed with Kansas City after the 2016 season. The Chiefs obviously didn’t have a home for him, so they packed him off to Seattle for a conditional draft pick. He was never active for the Hawks, and when Duane Brown was added at the trade deadline in late October, Battle was waived from the 53 man roster to make room. He was unemployed for only a matter of days, however, as Seattle signed him to the practice squad the next week. In 2017 Battle twice was waived by the Seahawks and spent a weekend unemployed. Seattle signed him to a futures contract January 3rd of this year. This will be his 4th year so as a development project he is very due to put it all together. He needs snaps.

Given that the front office has been persistent in it's interest in him, a bigger stronger faster Isaiah Battle presents an interesting student for Mike Solari.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
The Breh":jtazbuty said:
IrishNW":jtazbuty said:
I wanna see more Roos this year. Dude just looks like what you want a guard to look like.
The man has a Viking beard and a smile while he's doing drills.
What exactly makes him "look the part" more than the others?
As the thread is titled there's a lot of beef in the pic but he's the one you say looks the part :?:
He looks like a man that Odin would send to Valhalla.

chris98251

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1jlsprwx said:
The Breh":1jlsprwx said:
IrishNW":1jlsprwx said:
I wanna see more Roos this year. Dude just looks like what you want a guard to look like.
As the thread is titled there's a lot of beef in the pic but he's the one you say looks the part :?:

So he's dead? :shock:
Valkyrie by thebastardson d4cf24f

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":wijendqv said:
Spin Doctor":wijendqv said:
The Breh":wijendqv said:
IrishNW":wijendqv said:

So he's dead? :shock:
Valkyrie by thebastardson d4cf24f
He was betrayed by one of his best, and most trusted friends, Cable. He didn't know why he had to run drills jumping up and down, but he didn't question it. Cables word was law, and he would bring young Roos into the promised land. Alas, Cable proved to be a fraud, once Tom was found out he swiftly delivered a punch to the head that left Roos, dead.

At the gates of Valhalla he was greeted by Odin, a rare occurrence. Odin looked the young man up and down, then decided to lead him to the great halls to have a drink with him. After spending the night drinking mead, Odin decided 'tis was not this majestic warriors time to spend his days drinking in Valhalla, and that he had much work to do yet.

Odin took the spirit of young Roos, and zapped him back into his now still body. Roos rose from what was meant to be his mortal bodies eternal slumber. Cable, the wandering gypsy had now gone to another land to sell his scams, and snake oil. Roos, under the great lord Solari has lived to fight another day in the north. He has dined with the great Odin, and was given another purpose and lease on life. One that the NFL would soon come to fear.

truehawksfan

Reaction score
haha...could you imagine seeing these guys at an, all you can eat buffet? :D

place would go out of business :D