We have the best QB in the NFL!

Smellyman

Reaction score
The Radish":hd3bo5sr said:
One thing that identifies a great QB is the type of ball they throw.

Russell Wilson throws a beautiful spiral almost every time. I really noticed that on replays of games I have on my hopper.

For someone that grew up watching Joe Kapp throwing wobbling ducks that got there on time its a welcome change.

Best spirals I've seen? The mouth Trent Dilfer threw a great ball, ditto Terry Bradshaw and Joe Montana. Bart Starr threw a great looking ball and that was in the days of 4 yards in a cloud of dust. lol

RW is right up there with the best with his gorgeous looking balls enroute to their target.

BTW Andrew Luck throws some ugly looking balls even tho they get there on time. And of course Payton Manning throws a nice tight spiral, especially great when they go to a Seahawks player in the SuperB owl.

:les:

http://davedameshek.nfl.com/2013/03/04/russell-wilson-and-the-nfls-sexydeepball-throwers/

evergreen

Reaction score
StoneCold":3m2lei3w said:
I was thinking today about the talk "Is Russell" elite? I don't give a crap. RUSSELL WINS!

Boom

/end of BS
Well he does have his jersey in the HOF. It would seem that you'd have to be elite to have your rookie wolf grey #3 in the NFL Hall of Fame in Canton , Ohio. Are any of those other guy's uniforms in the HOF yet? Who cares if he's had more wins than any other 2nd year qb or higher passer rating or more tds or less ints. The future don't always fit yet.

theincrediblesok

Reaction score
evergreen":3efobg9j said:
StoneCold":3efobg9j said:
I was thinking today about the talk "Is Russell" elite? I don't give a crap. RUSSELL WINS!

Boom

/end of BS
Well he does have his jersey in the HOF. It would seem that you'd have to be elite to have your rookie wolf grey #3 in the NFL Hall of Fame in Canton , Ohio. Are any of those other guy's uniforms in the HOF yet? Who cares if he's had more wins than any other 2nd year qb or higher passer rating or more tds or less ints. The future don't always fit yet.

Luck and Griffin also have their jersey in the HOF, but who cares. They didn't come home with a Lombardi.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Hands down the best.

And the most stylish.

wilglo.gif

Throwdown

Reaction score
bmorepunk":3dfxzp45 said:
Why not just declare him the greatest QB of all time.

Scratch that.

Greatest football player of all time. No, greatest athlete in any sport, ever.

Well okay, I agree with you!

I was being modest with the best Qb in the league.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I dont know if RW is the absolute best, but I know that I would not trade him for anyone. A n y o n e.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
There is a significant aspect of RW’s overall abilities that many are overlooking. Leadership!
I have admired and supported RW since before he was drafted and I have watched every game he’s played as a Seahawk. I have also read and watched most, if not all of his interviews and articles written about him. His game is much more than just his excellent and outstanding football skills. IIRC, Warren Moon once said that the QB position is more than 50% mental. IMO RW is already “elite” mentally and will only improve his on field accomplishments which will have to be conceded as “elite” after his 2-nd super bowl win (this year) based on his body of work in only his first three years.

When he became a Seahawk, a vast majority of local fans (and probably most of his teammates) thought that he should not be a starting QB but he has obviously slowly won them all over ever since his first pre-season appearance. It is my opinion that the team prior to RW’s starting at QB was one with little confidence, below average work ethic and were just their to get paid. PC/JS realized that they needed a real leader, thus JS’s remark about “tilting the field” and the drafting of RW as their leader and franchise QB.

I have some questions:
Has anyone, anywhere ever heard a negative comment from RW? A frown or look of disgust, anger or dismay? Has he ever shown negative body language or actions (hanging his head, towel over his head, yelling at coaches/teammates/refs., etc.)? Has he ever said anything even close to negative about his teammates or coaches or even players from other teams? Has he ever failed to give credit and name specific players and coaches with positive comments, time after time? Does anyone think his work ethic has not rubbed off on his teammates? Does anyone think he has not influenced his teammates to strive for greatness? Has anyone noticed how increasingly during games RW is always pushing his teammates to excel and strive to be great on each and every play? Has anyone, anywhere ever heard RW make an excuse (or whine, cry, etc) about anything football related? I could go on and on with these questions, but do y’all get the idea I’m trying to make? This is leadership!

My contention is that RW has brought so many gifts to the Seahawks beyond just his excellent play. Perhaps the biggest one of all is *CONFIDENCE*. The team lacked it pre RW, but now look what the team has done in just RW’s first two years. The future of the Seahawks is yet to unfold but based on just those first two years, RW is very much well on his way to the so called “elite” status nationally. Game manager = bull crap. Too short = bull crap. Only good because of his defense and running game = bull crap. Go Hawks!

RationalNiner

Reaction score
I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. He has the potential to be the best but he isn't yet. Rodgers, Brees, Manning, and Brady are all better than him. I'd say he is top 5.

capncrunch

Reaction score
I'm glad that some of the pundits are not "all in" on RW. Let him still have some of that "got something to prove" element in his mindset. I wouldn't trade him for any other QB. There are some other great ones out there. I found it interesting that Rogers didn't run for the easy first down as pointed out by Collinsworth. I remember Brady doing the same thing in the playoffs last year. The can call him a game manager if they want. I think of him as kind of a point guard in basketball who puts up a fair amount of points but allows the other guys to do a lot of scoring. I don't want a quarterback who can't "manage" a game. Managing suggests that he is smart and making effective decisions. Yes, he does that. Will his pass attempt numbers go up this year. I think it is obvious that they will. What has troubled me most in his tenure is the lack of pass protection he got at times. Let's hope that is better this year and that will of course result in a change in the way he plays the position and the play calling. I am certain that he is in for a great season.

Throwdown

Reaction score
RationalNiner":37hxw3nb said:
I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves. He has the potential to be the best but he isn't yet. Rodgers, Brees, Manning, and Brady are all better than him. I'd say he is top 5.

your wrong, and your avatar is mediocre.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
He is the best QB fin the league for OUR system. I wouldn't want anyone else. That doesn't mean other quarterbacks are not better in THEIR system.
Something overlooked by many is how he spreads the ball around. I think he threw to 8 different people last game. This is a reoccurring theme for him. He even mentioned it in the press conference after last game. You don't do this by only having one look for a receiver. This also makes it much harder for the defense to game plan. I bet next game they will key in on Harvin and Bladwin an Kearse get more action.
I also think now we are seeing Bevel with full confidence in his quarterback. I love his mix of plays from the last game.
It looks like this season will be real fun to watch our offense.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Best QB in the league? Very debatable.

Best fit for this team? No question.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Throwdown":36blsxeq said:
RationalNiner":36blsxeq said:

your wrong, and your avatar is mediocre.

Throwdown wins the internet today.

RationalNiner

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":34z1i0hk said:
RationalNiner":34z1i0hk said:

They have most certainly proved that with their head-to-head match-ups, haven't they?

Football is a team sport. Give Manning or Brees Seattle's defense and they would go undefeated.

Besides that, calling someone the best in the league, especially when that player plays QB, after only 2 seasons is premature.

I'd like to see how Russell does later in his career when/if the run game takes a nosedive or when your defense regresses. It's been 2 seasons. If he keeps it up and continues to improve over the course of the next 3-4 years, sure, I'll call him the best.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
RationalNiner":1lzp00df said:
Well you can have your opinion regardless of how wrong it is. Just another one of the sheep that follows the national media narrative.

warden

Reaction score
Aros":1t8hc5ur said:
Funny, I was watching the NFL Network's gameday show just a bit ago on DVR and I was laughing at Kurt Warner, who has to go out of his way to promote his agenda that Russell Wilson is a product of his environment (aka best defense and Lynch) and not a TRUE QB who can pocket pass. He sounds like Jaws. Two former QBs who cannot wrap their minds around the fact that Russell Wilson is the new paradigm of QBs in the NFL.

Apparently, by their standards, your only a good QB if you can pocket pass. :34853_doh:

Forget being a diehard Seahawks fan. Let me set that badge of honor aside for one moment and tell you as an NFL fan, I can honestly say that FIRST NAME Russell LAST NAME Wilson is the most heady, talented, commanding leader of a QB that I have seen since Joe Montana. And let's recall folks that Montana was no 6 foot forever QB.

I can't imagine having a better QB to lead our team right now then Russell Wilson.

Warner was a product of his environment too, like he had Bruce, Holt Faulk pace to go with a top five defense. In Arizona he had Boldin and Fitz. Look at all the great personal that surrounded Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman. Football is a team game

Cartire

Reaction score
warden":2by4kf9e said:
Aros":2by4kf9e said:
Funny, I was watching the NFL Network's gameday show just a bit ago on DVR and I was laughing at Kurt Warner, who has to go out of his way to promote his agenda that Russell Wilson is a product of his environment (aka best defense and Lynch) and not a TRUE QB who can pocket pass. He sounds like Jaws. Two former QBs who cannot wrap their minds around the fact that Russell Wilson is the new paradigm of QBs in the NFL.

Apparently, by their standards, your only a good QB if you can pocket pass. :34853_doh:

Forget being a diehard Seahawks fan. Let me set that badge of honor aside for one moment and tell you as an NFL fan, I can honestly say that FIRST NAME Russell LAST NAME Wilson is the most heady, talented, commanding leader of a QB that I have seen since Joe Montana. And let's recall folks that Montana was no 6 foot forever QB.

I can't imagine having a better QB to lead our team right now then Russell Wilson.

Warner was a product of his environment too, like he had Bruce, Holt Faulk pace to go with a top five defense. In Arizona he had Boldin and Fitz. Look at all the great personal that surrounded Montana, Bradshaw, Aikman. Football is a team game

Good points Warden.

Isn't it weird that great QBs seem to always have great skill players? It's almost as if most plays in the NFL require more then a single player to complete. :sarcasm_off:

Anthony!

Reaction score
RationalNiner":1ivhvsbq said:

I am not sure I would say they are all better at this point in their respective careers, but I would also be fine with Wilson being top 5 too.