When did you get your Seahawk on?

When did you be come a Seahawk fan

• Been a fan since 1976

Votes: 39 23.5%
  • Became a fan in the first few years.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • Been a fan since the Chuck Knox era.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • Amazingly became a fan during the down years of the early 90's.

Votes: 22 13.3%
  • Been a fan since the Holmgren era.

Votes: 42 25.3%
  • New fan. "go hawks!"

Votes: 8 4.8%

• Total voters

six sigma

Reaction score
Early 80's, so by the time I was nine or ten. :)

A blend of poll option 2 and 3 I guess.

kigenzun

Reaction score
I was born in February of 1970 and when we first got the franchise in '76 my Grandfather bought me a little kids Seahawks Tshirt, and a winter logo jacket that I used to wear everywhere. We used to watch every game together. Also around that time, (77-78) friends of the family were having a fancy pants dinner, and we went over to Seattle to visit them. After the big fancy dinner, I met my childhood hero Jim Zorn, and he autographed my football. It was all Zorn to Largent around the neighborhood after that...
:th2thumbs:

Go Hawks!

Starrman44

Reaction score
I was on the borderline of the Early years and the Chuck Knox era. My brother's were huge fans of football and we lived in Alaska. The Hawks were the only team that we could listen to on the radio. I was born in April of 1977 and have been a Seahawks fan nearly as long as I can remember. I would say I was about 4-5 years old. I have fleeting memories of Jim Zorn.

Wasteland2112

Reaction score
For me it was the Chuck Knox Era.
On my 10th birthday in 1982, i received a Seattle Seahawks t-shirt and pennant, at which point i was hooked!

wanderinghawk

Reaction score
I became a fan in the early 80's. my father is a huge fan and we started to go to two games a year in 1983. Some of the best times I had as a child was the car ride from Portland to see my beloved Hawks.

Rainger

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":sv5pqpsg said:
Since there is a poll going on discussing the relative ages of .netters, I thought it would be interesting to see if the relative ages matched with length of fandom. I have been on board since the preseason 1976.

Yup I have been at, watched, or listened to every game in their existance. I had moved from Seattle to Victoria prior to the first season, so in the early years if the games weren't broadcast on TV I still listened to the game.

When I spent 10 years in Australia I still watched every game in a delayed state.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
I was living outside the US until 1975 and was a Cowboys fan as a kid. But when I heard Seattle was getting a team I was hooked. Took a few years to completely forget Cowboy football after Roger Staubach but in time all things pass. If I am being honest it was probably 1978 watching Zorn and Herrera fake field goals that brought me all the way onboard.

There I said it. I am old as hell and I am a Seahawks fan! :)

largenutz

Reaction score
Hats off to rainger, that is some serious deadication. I started following the hawks in the mid 90s, but became die hard after I got a job at qwest field, and worked every game from 2001 to 03. Since I left Seattle in 05 ive been even more die hard for some reason. I guess it s being homesick, I check .net everyday, Im not sure if id do that if I was in Seattle.

BirdsCommaAngry

Reaction score
Shortly after I was born into a region that significantly increased my likelihood of becoming a Seahawks fan!

#Geography #Happenstance #SportsCulture #Group-think #BeingFacetiousAboutThingsPeopleHoldSomewhatSacredlyOnTheInternetAndThenDoingTheSameHashtagJokeThat'sBeenDoneWayTooManyTimesBefore

largenutz

Reaction score
Hats off to rainger, that is some serious deadication. I started following the hawks in the mid 90s, but became die hard after I got a job at qwest field, and worked every game from 2001 to 03. Since I left Seattle in 05 ive been even more die hard for some reason. I guess it s being homesick, I check .net everyday, Im not sure if id do that if I was in Seattle.

seattlesportsfan24

Reaction score
Been a fan since I was 8 or 9. I really jumped on the bandwagon the year of the super bowl run and I remember, being in elementary school at the time, bawling my eyes out after the game. I've been a fan ever since.

btw, this is my first post here (i've been lurking for a little while) so i'd like to take this opportunity to say hi to all of you and I hope to be around much more!

Reaction score
I was born in 1984, and was watching the Seahawks before I learned how to talk. My earliest memory of watching a game was the 1988 beatdown of horse-face elway and the broncos, while sitting on my parents living room floor and playing "hotwheels" during the commercials.

kinesmajor

Reaction score
I was born in Bellingham in 74. Too young to know what was going on in 76. I remember collecting police football cards in elementary school. Still have my largent and a few others. So about 82-83 I became aware and have loved them ever since.

Living in Los Angeles now, so sick of all the niner love. This year is gonna be awesome!

Omahawk

Reaction score
I figured I'd be in the minority but surprisingly it seems a lot of us got on board during the Holmgren era. I became a fan during the offseason before his first year. 2000 or 1999 or 2001, something like that. Hopefully that doesn't mean that I'm any less of a fan as those of you who have been a fan since day 1. But my respect to you who have been. That's a very cool feather to hang in your hats. Props to you! Go Hawks!

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
My family and I moved to Washington in 1977 when I was 6 years old. Been a faithful Seahawks fan ever since (even suffered through each and every game of that very painful 1992 season, proudly wearing my Seahawks sweatshirts despite the snickering of most around me). I am proud to say that the Seahawks are the only NFL team that I have faithfully followed and rooted for. The Hawks have been and always will be MY team.

Latest posts