With the injury to Rawls, who would you like

JustTheTip

Reaction score
replicant":1l1mg9jb said:
JustinCredible":1l1mg9jb said:
How about that Rugby dude that was on the Niners?
I think he has fumbleitis, but for sure we'd sell a lot of Seahawk gear in Australia if we acquired him.

An additional plus would be if we brought him and he did anything at all it would cause a major meltdown on webzone.

j hawk

Reaction score
I'm in the Coleman camp. He only carried once today but he looked good. Three backs should be able to hold the fort until the Beast gets back.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":2p534c8j said:
Josh Robinson.

On the Colts practise squad.

Robinson would be an intriguing player and potentially another diamond in the rough. He was a 6th round pick by the Colts out of Mississippi State and has been languishing on their practice squad this year. He was actually considered a dark horse candidate for the Heisman by some during his junior season. He's a punishing style runner and actually ranked 2nd to Todd Gurley in Yards After Contact among all draft eligible players. Like Lynch and Rawls, he doesn't want to go down. He's also got fairly good hands out of the backfield as well. Oh, and to put the cherry on top -- coming from Mississippi State, he has experience in a Zone Read System.

Good call. If I'm Schneider, that may be one tree I'd look to bark up starting tomorrow.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Whoever. A warm body that knows the system.

Put the next couple games on Russ' shoulders and legs. He'll do fine.

Rob12

Reaction score
Why would we pluck Hayne from a terrible team's PS? Hyde has missed a lot of time, and the 4 and 9'ers currently have a street FA as their starting back. I'm not saying Hayne won't be good with time and LOTS of coaching, but he's not a guy you want getting significant carries during a playoff push.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":243n0f90 said:
Good call. If I'm Schneider, that may be one tree I'd look to bark up starting tomorrow.
How exactly does signing players from practice squads work? Would Schneider call Robinson up letting him know he wants to sign him to the Hawks, prompting Robinson to inform Indy, leaving them with the option of promoting him? Or am I totally off base?

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":q12xu6an said:
theENGLISHseahawk":q12xu6an said:
Josh Robinson.

Robinson would be an intriguing player and potentially another diamond in the rough. He was a 6th round pick by the Colts out of Mississippi State and has been languishing on their practice squad this year. He was actually considered a dark horse candidate for the Heisman by some during his junior season. He's a punishing style runner and actually ranked 2nd to Todd Gurley in Yards After Contact among all draft eligible players. Like Lynch and Rawls, he doesn't want to go down. He's also got fairly good hands out of the backfield as well. Oh, and to put the cherry on top -- coming from Mississippi State, he has experience in a Zone Read System.

Intriguing back. Looks compact and strong, but doesn't have that top-end speed. He ran a 4.77 Forty at the combine and didn't do so hot on the jumps. Slow, but he looks tenacious.

The Colts website has a nice profile on him.

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/...pi-State/6c436e26-6482-446a-9097-2c8c60a3a237

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Thepeelsessions":37atauw9 said:
Hawkscanner":37atauw9 said:
How exactly does signing players from practice squads work? Would Schneider call Robinson up letting him know he wants to sign him to the Hawks, prompting Robinson to inform Indy, leaving them with the option of promoting him? Or am I totally off base?

Any team can at any point in time swipe a player off another team's practice squad (they of course need to sign them to their 53 Man Roster). As far as whether or not a team can in essence block another team from claiming a player (by promoting that player from their PS to their active roster first) -- I'm honestly not sure. In theory that might be possible, but I've never seen it happen.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3tqiwws5 said:
Thepeelsessions":3tqiwws5 said:
Hawkscanner":3tqiwws5 said:

Any team can at any point in time swipe a player off another team's practice squad (they of course need to sign them to their 53 Man Roster). As far as whether or not a team can in essence block another team from claiming a player (by promoting that player from their PS to their active roster first) -- I'm honestly not sure. In theory that might be possible, but I've never seen it happen.

May have happened last year when the Seahawks needed a fullback, and the Browns promoted Kiero Small to their active roster that week, only to let him go the following week, IIRC.

massari

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":hnzubytp said:
Knowshon Moreno? He was awesome for 2-3 weeks in Miami last year before the injury...

Is Joseph Randle too much of a lunatic even for the Seahawks? He could be like Lynch 2.0, bringing in a guy with off the field issues and seeing if he can fit.
Moreno is injured and Randle just got arrested and is suspended.

theENGLISHseahawk":hnzubytp said:
Josh Robinson.

Hmmm, very interesting.

Kendall Hunter, Michael or if they could somehow get Rod Smith back would be good. That Josh Robinson guy seems intriguing though.

But they'll probably go back to Bryce Brown.

Happypuppy

Reaction score
Coleman and another warm body. I suspect two weeks for lynch

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
JustinCredible":2y2zg1rj said:
How about that Rugby dude that was on the Niners?
This would be worth it just for the meltdown on plebzone.

peppersjap

Reaction score
I'm all in on Michael. He didn't get traded solely on his performance, he was traded on Rawls performance. Dallas is so dysfunctional that you really can't base anything on that.

Rob12

Reaction score
If I could rank my favorites now:

1) Josh Robinson (thanks, ENGLISH - I knew you would come up big in this thread)

2a) Christine Michael

2b) Derrick Coleman

3) Kendall Hunter

Watched the video on Robinson that HunnyBadger posted above - kid looks pretty solid, and runs hard. I'm not fully buying into that 4.77 40 time. In the video, he looked like he had just enough speed in the open field to make some big time plays. Whether or not he can do that in the NFL is yet to be soon, but I liked what I saw.

I never thought you would see me entertaining the idea of Michael coming back here. But I think the talent is there. The problem is, this coaching staff has already had two years to coach him up, and apparently nothing stuck. He couldn't make it in Dallas and their weak running back corps. But it wouldn't surprise me if we snatched him and he ended up filling in nicely. I won't say he knows the system, because I don't think he ever got it in the first place, but the offensive line has improved quite a bit and he may be able to provide just enough of a threat to keep things going for the next two weeks.

I kind of doubt that Coleman could shoulder the load, but we're playing the Browns and Rams at home. I don't think it's going to matter all that much. He had a great run today for 19 yards. He knows the system inside and out. Part of me thinks a Coleman/Jackson duo would work considering our opponents.

Hunter is just kind of a throw in at this point. I don't know a ton about him, and the fact that he's still a FA when there are a few teams in the league starved for running backs is a bit alarming.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
At least not Harris. He brought back all the Cmike trauma. That lousy ball control and all those on the spot spins that lose yards. Please no more.

Just split the carries between Coleman and Jackson untill Lynch returns. Let Russ do his thing and dominate through the air, should at the very least be enough to win against the Browns and Rams.

Rob12

Reaction score
Overseasfan":2zxqazdq said:
At least not Harris. He brought back all the Cmike trauma. That lousy ball control and all those on the spot spins that lose yards. Please no more.

Just split the carries between Coleman and Jackson untill Lynch returns. Let Russ do his thing and dominate through the air, should at the very least be enough to win against the Browns and Rams.

Russ was nails even when Rawls went out. He's on another planet right now. I'm kind of with you on the Coleman/Jackson combo. I don't think it's that bad of an idea. I do think Harris will get released, and another guy will be brought in.

Russ doesn't need a running back right now. Empty sets, all day long (kidding - kind of).

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Mick063":fmz9s4q7 said:
I just hope it isn't Harris.

Run a dozen through a revolving door. Throw them at a wall and see which one sticks.

For Gawds sake don't settle on Harris.

Agree. I don't like Harris even short, short, Short-term. Not a fit in any way, shape or form.

Latest posts