With the injury to Rawls, who would you like

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":350r52b4 said:
Thepeelsessions":350r52b4 said:
Hawkscanner":350r52b4 said:
Good call. If I'm Schneider, that may be one tree I'd look to bark up starting tomorrow.
How exactly does signing players from practice squads work? Would Schneider call Robinson up letting him know he wants to sign him to the Hawks, prompting Robinson to inform Indy, leaving them with the option of promoting him? Or am I totally off base?

Any team can at any point in time swipe a player off another team's practice squad (they of course need to sign them to their 53 Man Roster). As far as whether or not a team can in essence block another team from claiming a player (by promoting that player from their PS to their active roster first) -- I'm honestly not sure. In theory that might be possible, but I've never seen it happen.

I'm sure the Browns did that with Keiro Small. We were rumoured to want him back and they promoted him to the 53. I'm not sure how it works if you put an official request in prior to them promoting him.

themunn

Reaction score
CMike is not a great RB, we know that now for sure.
But with the holes we've been opening recently, I'm confident he could make an impact.
It certainly can't be worse than last night's replacements, and who better to get his confidence back than with a game against one of the bottom 5 run Ds.
Give him til the end of the season and hopefully Marshawn is back for wildcard week.

Montee Ball hasn't played a meaningful snap in over a year - and looked pretty terrible in those snaps, so no thanks.

Steven Jackson I'd be OK with in short down situations (and actually preferable to CMike where the risk of fumbling might be a bit higher), but definitely not as an every down back.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I'm going to guess it's Bryce Brown although I still want Michael solely to finally proven me right lol.

massari

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":15sk2te6 said:
Josh Robinson.

On the Colts practise squad.
Do you like any of these practice squad guys:

Malcolm Brown- Rams
David Fluellen- Titans
Jahwan Edwards- Jags
James Wilder- Bengals

acbass

Reaction score
Since this is what we're all thinking I'll go ahead and say it. The OBVIOUS choice is Jesse Lumsden...

A

Anonymous

Tebow?

Seriously, I like the Steven Jackson idea.

Look what Larry Fitz is doing with the Cards with a vibrant and functioning offense around him. Jackson has never been in a situation like that, and very well could do some great things in our system.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Honestly, I want Fred Jackson to get the nod, and to use the final 3 games as one last chance to shine in his fantastic NFL career. I can't believe more people aren't pulling for this guy. 34 years old, an absolutely legendary hero with the fans of Buffalo, just a stand up dude. Humble, meek, the definition of a team player. The man is truly a dying breed not just in today's NFL, but in today's society.

Don't know how I feel about Harris. He put the ball on the turf inside of the red zone yesterday against the Ravens, and generally seemed like he was lining up too far in the backfield. He'd often times look like he busted a 7 yard run, only for it to be officially marked as a 3 yard gain. He seemed to fall forward too easily, which is something I noticed when watching his highlight mashup from his time with the Packers. Not only that, too many cutbacks and spin moves and wasted movements. There were holes for him to run through yesterday, he just didn't take advantage of the opportunity. However, he might benefit big time from getting more reps in practice this week, so I'm totally cool with the 'Hawks giving him one more week to show what he's got.

Bryce Brown has been known to fumble the football, so I'd steer clear of him now that we might actually have to use him. Just let Russell and the passing game lead the way for the next few weeks, with the run game acting like the run game in Mike Leach's Air Raid Offense. Basically, you throw the ball so much and so successfully, that the run game has no choice but to be successful. If your RB can catch passes out of the backfield, fight for the tough yards, and block, you've got yourself a functioning running back. I think Fred Jackson can do all 3 of those things for the next few weeks. Honestly, I'd rather rely on Derrick Coleman as the #3 RB for a few weeks, now that Willie Tuk's is fully entrenched as the starting fullback.

Basically, I'd use the roster spot on another position, or just save it for when Brock Coyle comes off of the IR with Designation to Return. I'm all in on Fred Jackson down the stretch!

acbass

Reaction score
NYCoug, I understand where you are coming from, and I love and appreciate what Fred Jackson has done, but I think you have to be realistic as a front office. He is 34 years old. His body can't possibly take the kind of punishment that goes along with being the featured back. I believe Freddy is way more valuable in spot situations. I think if Fred could have carried the load he would have when Beast went down. I just fear he'd be out after the first game or two and then we would have to fully rely on an unknown. I would like to see Ball or Moreno given a chance. I think both still have enough left in the tank. It's very hard to let go of heros from the past, but sometimes you have to. Who he was is not what we would get, but it's not his fault, you can't really beat age/wear and tear. Now, I think it would be interesting to see him sit time with Coleman.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":1z7a6ho8 said:
Hawkscanner":1z7a6ho8 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":1z7a6ho8 said:
Josh Robinson.

On the Colts practise squad.

Robinson would be an intriguing player and potentially another diamond in the rough. He was a 6th round pick by the Colts out of Mississippi State and has been languishing on their practice squad this year. He was actually considered a dark horse candidate for the Heisman by some during his junior season. He's a punishing style runner and actually ranked 2nd to Todd Gurley in Yards After Contact among all draft eligible players. Like Lynch and Rawls, he doesn't want to go down. He's also got fairly good hands out of the backfield as well. Oh, and to put the cherry on top -- coming from Mississippi State, he has experience in a Zone Read System.

Good call. If I'm Schneider, that may be one tree I'd look to bark up starting tomorrow.

Intriguing back. Looks compact and strong, but doesn't have that top-end speed. He ran a 4.77 Forty at the combine and didn't do so hot on the jumps. Slow, but he looks tenacious.

The Colts website has a nice profile on him.

http://www.colts.com/videos/videos/...pi-State/6c436e26-6482-446a-9097-2c8c60a3a237

He was awful early this season. Hell No!

crosfam

Reaction score
Give back the 7th rd pick we took from the Cowboys for CM, and trade it for Rod Smith. I doubt he would see our practice squad or be released again for years. Other than that, I think we see Harris and Coleman splitting duties at TB.

marko358

Reaction score
Barry Sanders should be in pretty good shape since he hasn't been active in a little while.

Basis4day

Reaction score
crosfam":7629alja said:
Give back the 7th rd pick we took from the Cowboys for CM, and trade it for Rod Smith. I doubt he would see our practice squad or be released again for years. Other than that, I think we see Harris and Coleman splitting duties at TB.

Trade deadline has passed.

RCATES

Reaction score
Christine Michael

This kid was traded as a big disappointment. Never got it going in Dallas. Is now on the Skins PS yikes.

What more motivation does this kid need? He knows the offense better then any other option Hawks have.

I'll be shocked if he isn't brought back. With the way our O-Line is opening running lanes CM's speed could be dangerous.

byau

Reaction score
Believe it or not I wasn't entirely kidding myself with this

"Herschel Walker, 53, says he could still play in the NFL"
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... in-the-nfl

"Herschel Walker on NFL: 'Not a doubt in my mind I can play today'"
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13684848

* Guy's a brick wall and a genetic freak
* Keeps himself in shape with MMA which means he could probably at least block.
* Need him only for a few games.
* Motivation wise: guessing he wouldn't do it for the money but for the idea of getting on a playoff bound team for a few games.
* Satisfy his burning curiosity to see if he could still go.
* And he'd love being next to Russell Wilson who's the hottest QB and the hottest offense.
* He'd probably be better than Harris.
* Probably better than CMike or Turbin would be too
* He can still run fast.
* And just like how the offense can get inspired behind someone young totally ballin' like Rawls, what about being inspired by someone old totally balln' with the young boys?

As long as we're thinking outside the box ....

GettyImages_114576009_ol5735pb_cox7ja1a.jpg

Heck even our guy "flirted" with the idea :)

"Dan Quinn: Herschel Walker not playing for Falcons"
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... or-falcons

marko358

Reaction score
byau":38ebafwc said:
Believe it or not I wasn't entirely kidding myself with this

"Herschel Walker, 53, says he could still play in the NFL"
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... in-the-nfl

"Herschel Walker on NFL: 'Not a doubt in my mind I can play today'"
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=13684848

* Guy's a brick wall.
* Keeps himself in shape with MMA which means he could probably at least block.
* Need him only for a few games.
* Motivation wise: guessing he wouldn't do it for the money but for the idea of getting on a playoff bound team for a few games.
* Satisfy his burning curiosity to see if he could still go.
* And he'd love being next to Russell Wilson who's the hottest QB and the hottest offense.
* He'd probably be better than Harris.
* He can still run fast.
* And just like how the offense can get inspired behind someone young totally ballin' like Rawls, what about being inspired by someone old totally balln' with the young boys?

Heck even our guy "flirted" with the idea :)

"Dan Quinn: Herschel Walker not playing for Falcons"
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... or-falcons

This post serious blew my mind.

Latest posts