Russ Trade Possibilities Thread.

TraderGary

Reaction score
The biggest mistake the Hawks organization made was giving Pete free reign over the entire organization. He has no one to answer to except Jody Allen. No accountability whatsoever, and that's never a good thing in any organization.

I've often wondered if Pete and JS are on the same page when it comes to the overall philosophies of the team. I guess since JS and Pete just signed long-term extensions, (JS after Pete), you would think they would be. But then money can be very convincing, and everyone has a price, and we all know Jody has more money than god.

But if JS were allowed to move on from Pete and hire his own HC, I wonder who it would be and what type of philosophies he would bring to Seattle? I think it's an interesting question, though probably a pointless one at this stage.

Probably a little off-topic for this thread.

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Jason_OTC/status/1359939529327730693[/tweet]

I don't want to piss in anyone's cheerios, but there is zero possibility Wilson is traded during the off-season.

Maybe in the summer after June 1, even then very unlikely.

getnasty

Reaction score
Fade":2xtf9q0g said:

I don't want to piss in anyone's cheerios, but there is zero possibility Wilson is traded during the off-season.

Don't know that anyone wants Russell traded so don't think your pissing in anyone Cheerios.

Fade

Reaction score
getnasty":1az1lwew said:
Fade":1az1lwew said:

Don't know that anyone wants Russell traded so don't think your pissing in anyone Cheerios.

Oh…trust me, there are plenty who do.

getnasty

Reaction score
Fade":zi5g9xur said:
getnasty":zi5g9xur said:
Fade":zi5g9xur said:

Oh…trust me, there are plenty who do.

I'm critical of Wilson as are many but that doesn't mean we don't want him or don't think he's one of the top 5 QB's in the game.

seabowl

Reaction score
James in PA":3qdgdmex said:
Has anyone seen this ridiculous 4 way trade suggestion? So we end up with Jimmy G and the Niners get Deshaun Watson? Um, hard pass.

https://www.si.com/nfl/jets/news/new-yo ... am-darnold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I saw it too. Complete fairy dust reporting on something they came up with in their own mind at around 2:30 in the morning. Just idiotic.

knownone

Reaction score
Fade":dxck3tox said:

I'm open to trading Russell because it's fun to speculate, and I found his comments unprofessional. I'm not sure how many people are actively expecting a trade to happen (I'm not). Nonetheless, if Russ wanted to facilitate trade, then his dead cap number is essentially meaningless, right? Am I wrong in assuming he could restructure his contract?

Ultimately, trading Russell at any point in the future is going to come down to the Seahawks. I have zero doubt that if the price was right, and it was in their best interests, they'd trade him.

chris98251

Reaction score
I look at it this way, if Russell really wanted out he would renegotiate his contract to go to the team he allowed to be traded to.

It's not hard since he has the keys if the Seahawks and him want to make it happen.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
chris98251":2sha9xzp said:
I look at it this way, if Russell really wanted out he would renegotiate his contract to go to the team he allowed to be traded to.

It's not hard since he has the keys if the Seahawks and him want to make it happen.
You make a good point. He could restructure his contract if he really wanted out.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I hope he does..
Once he threw the OL under the bus it was over...
Why would those guys want to play hard for him after that?

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3jl1olfr said:
chris98251":3jl1olfr said:

You make a good point. He could restructure his contract if he really wanted out.
I'm not sure that would help. Everything I've come across says the 39m dead cap doesn't change no matter what you do with the contract. The only thing you could do is agree to a trade now and designate it post June1, so the dead cap would get split 13m/26m over the 2021/2022.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
I am down in Vegas and just talked to a friend today up there. I was pretty shocked to hear this kind of talk about Russell. I don't know what to say except I hope this is not true. I know that I have also heard that Russell would like to be in a larger market. I am not sure how much I believe that but it has been bandied around. Whatever the Hawks do they better find a way to protect him. He is getting killed back there. I think he has to take some responsibility along with the O coordinator. After watching Rodgers pick apart the Rams I truly believe that with the right offensive schemes we could do the same. That being said I think the Hawks would be crazy trading off Russ. I suppose it could happen but at this point I think he is not going anywhere. IMO

pinksheets

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":1y3pmus7 said:
Spin Doctor":1y3pmus7 said:
chris98251":1y3pmus7 said:

I'm not sure that would help. Everything I've come across says the 39m dead cap doesn't change no matter what you do with the contract. The only thing you could do is agree to a trade now and designate it post June1, so the dead cap would get split 13m/26m over the 2021/2022.
He can payback part of his signing bonus to get it down and just recoup that in a new deal with his new team. Not that I think it'll happen, but there are ways to make it work if it's the way he wants to go.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
pinksheets":owucpek6 said:
OrangeGravy":owucpek6 said:
Spin Doctor":owucpek6 said:
chris98251":owucpek6 said:

He can payback part of his signing bonus to get it down and just recoup that in a new deal with his new team. Not that I think it'll happen, but there are ways to make it work if it's the way he wants to go.
There is that, but I'd put the odds of that happening pretty low form the way his camp has been operating

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":mhwg5dyh said:
pinksheets":mhwg5dyh said:
OrangeGravy":mhwg5dyh said:
Spin Doctor":mhwg5dyh said:
There is that, but I'd put the odds of that happening pretty low form the way his camp has been operating
Wilson will at least play out 2020, but I get the feeling that if he doesn't like what he sees from Carroll he is peacing out.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
IndyHawk":154b5xig said:
I hope he does..
Once he threw the OL under the bus it was over...
Why would those guys want to play hard for him after that?

Because they are grown ass men who have future contracts to negotiate and understand that playing even shittier than they already do just to spite RW is peak idiocy?

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
RW will only be traded if the Seahawks want one or more of the QB’s in the draft and get a draft pick that will enable them to acquire that pick. Jax, NY, and Miami, are the only options right now.

chris98251

Reaction score
Two things, this is not the year to Draft College talent, too many have set out, too many programs changed schedules to just get on the field and against subpar talent for their divisions of rank.

Not a lot of scouting, not a lot of interviews.

Next year hopefully is better.

This all plays into established players that are good, the crap shoot for the draft became almost a blind crapshoot.

The F.A. period is going to end up being a cut and sign frenzy, teams are looking for QB's and cutting salary as well as rebuild or building all at once and will be doing it with Free Agents. Draft picks if they manage to find a good talent will be a bonus.

We seen what lack of camps and practice did this last year, Rookies over all had issues getting up to speed and in shape, yes there are outliers but over all.

knownone

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":nbzn9047 said:
RW will only be traded if the Seahawks want one or more of the QB’s in the draft and get a draft pick that will enable them to acquire that pick. Jax, NY, and Miami, are the only options right now.
If they were willing to trade Russ, then they'd be committed to taking an initial step backward and maybe wait on finding a QB right away. So, I wouldn't rule out teams like Denver, Carolina, or even Washington.

For example, if Washington offered Chase Young, two 1sts, and two 2nds for Russ, it's smarter to take that deal than trying to hit on a QB early in the draft. Chase Young removes a major risk of trading Russ for picks since you'd be guaranteeing a franchise-caliber player in return.

With that said, I highly doubt Washington would ever make that trade. Young still has 3 years of team control, and he's shown the potential to have a Myles Garret type impact on their defense. Nonetheless, If I was Pete and JS, that's the type of player I'd be looking to build a trade around. Then you can use the remaining assets to target the QB you want in the next draft/free agency.