Any Harvin Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Not sure if Florio is just surmising here or has actually talked to people that know Harvin personally, but I found this paragraph interesting:

Harvin has an extra day, given that the Seahawks played on Saturday. While those who know him would be very surprised if Harvin doesn’t play, the decision is and will remain out of his control.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... d-to-play/

I would tend to agree though. After so many including myself questioned his desire to play, I do believe now that he is going to do all that he can to be out there.

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
ZagHawk":2wqyrkgz said:
Everyone do yourself a favor and just assume he isn't going to play until Sunday. That way even hopeful news doesn't bring you down.
im doing one better and am just assuming we lose
/joiking

BamKam

Reaction score
Any chance at that part in the game they were just taking precautionary steps? With a 16-0 league and the weather the way it was do you think Pete didn't want to risk it?

Probably reaching but they have been treating him like a valuable antique so it wouldn't surprise me.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
BamKam":1t169ra5 said:
Any chance at that part in the game they were just taking precautionary steps? With a 16-0 league and the weather the way it was do you think Pete didn't want to risk it?

Probably reaching but they have been treating him like a valuable antique so it wouldn't surprise me.

No, after the first time Harvin was hit in the head I knew he was done for the day after the endzone hit. The NFL isn't messing around anymore, you get hit in the head once, you might make it back. Twice? You're done.

tleise32

Reaction score

THIS,

yeah he had two head knocks and maybe its NFL standard to take him out, but also. pete knew our D could hold it together for us im sure. The more i think of that game, Pete was in control the whole time. NO just got a lucky bounce with teh Earl pICK that wasnt, and a couple other plays.

I like Brock Huards assessment

RCATES

Reaction score
BamKam":3fj4ylpe said:

I believe he plays.

Saturday Night: Source's claim he was in high spirits celebrating with his teammates. Typically a bad concussion would bring Nausea. I believe he just got his bell wrung and the Hawks were following league protocol.

Sunday: Source's claim "felt better on Sunday"

Monday: Nbc reported "Per a league source, Harvin engaged in baseline testing on Monday." Which is the first step to getting back on the practice field.

I believe the key factor here is the extra day of recovery on Sunday. Typically these things go through until Friday after a Sunday game with Friday being the final approval to return from a Doctor. I believe because of this extra day of rest and the game being on Sunday I expect to see Harvin practicing by Thursday.

Dtowers

Reaction score
Not being a downer but ask Jordan Reed how much it means to feel good after a concussion. That is why they test them you can't trust a player to tell you how much a concussion has impacted them because often times they can't tell.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
RCATES":mqxlcb81 said:
I believe because of this extra day of rest and the game being on Sunday I expect to see Harvin practicing by Thursday.

Obviously it'd be great to have Harvin, but I was alarmed at how much punishment he took, and more importantly how he wasn't "In football shape" as they say.

Harvin's rep is for being one of the toughest SOB's in the league, but he looked anything but on Saturday. Not his fault, but I was alarmed at how brittle he looked. So even if he does make it back, his ass better be ready this time for getting hit........cause SF is going to do THE.EXACT.SAME.THING.

Nearpost

Reaction score
If he does get the all clear, and I feel optimistic about it, it's good to know he is not rusty from lack of game time. What little we saw of him Saturday, you'd think he'd been playing every week.

Nearpost

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3ej9wsem said:
RCATES":3ej9wsem said:
I believe because of this extra day of rest and the game being on Sunday I expect to see Harvin practicing by Thursday.

Obviously it'd be great to have Harvin, but I was alarmed at how much punishment he took, and more importantly how he wasn't "In football shape" as they say.

Harvin's rep is for being one of the toughest SOB's in the league, but he looked anything but on Saturday. Not his fault, but I was alarmed at how brittle he looked. So even if he does make it back, his ass better be ready this time for getting hit........cause SF is going to do THE.EXACT.SAME.THING.

Interesting, he looked ready to rock and roll to me.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3hjygnir said:
RCATES":3hjygnir said:

The announcers say he wasn't in football shape, but I've heard pete say many times that he will hold a guy out longer to insure they are in football shape before he activates them, so I'd guess that although his body isn't used to taking hits, he's likely in football shape or pete wouldn't put him out there

Dtowers

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3bl9ntoz said:
RCATES":3bl9ntoz said:

Not many players could have taken one of the headshots he took let alone too. Get over yourself.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
Wouldn't it be better to withhold PH status until GAME DAY?!!

Why give the competition any edge on knowing whether he will play, plan on it either way, but certainty!!

45Hawker

Reaction score
hawker84":cosqbqi5 said:
I know they showed Percy in the locker room after the game celebrating with the guys, and he looked good and happy. So there's that. I just think if there's any way he can suit up, he does.
Anyone have a link to that video?

mistaowen

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3w3fo9ha said:
RCATES":3w3fo9ha said:

So getting your head smashed on two separate plays is brittle? Noted.

And for 'be ready for getting hit' I hope he practices running full speed into the endzone, laying out looking only for the ball, and getting his head repeatedly driven into the turf by our secondary at full speed. That way his skull can learn to absorb hard grass easier in case any team is head hunting.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Yeah, I did not understand the "brittle" reference either. Ah well.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
tom sawyer":3pn103ub said:
Wouldn't it be better to withhold PH status until GAME DAY?!!

Why give the competition any edge on knowing whether he will play, plan on it either way, but certainty!!

Pete's not a douche like Belicheat who puts his entire team on the injury report every week just to mess with his opponent. We should have word on Harvin by Thursday at the latest.

If he's cleared Pete's not going to mess around, he's going to have to put in a productive practice Friday before Pete will let him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.