Any Harvin Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exittium

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3b58evw7 said:
Most here haven't even served in the armed forces. Hence, they cannot even fully appreciate those movies!

One OF the many "Best times of my life" was when I was in basic training/AIT to become a 19D Cavalry Scout at FT.Knox and during the basic training our urban ops training area was where the Stripes barracks where as well as one of the obstacle courses we did was the same one as stripes. .. Being 18 back then I thought that was badass and it was at that time the only thing that kept me from playing into the mind games haha.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":acvxc1lz said:
HawkFan72":acvxc1lz said:
He missed 3 games.

I know they aren't directly connected and that his migraines were not concussion-related. I just meant that he has had head issues in the past and he missed some time because of it. If he naturally has issues in his head that cause pain, his head might be a bit slower to recover from the concussion. That was all I meant. I'm no expert or anything, obviously...just throwing it out there.

I'm assuming he's not playing.

Missed one game. The sleep apnea which was causing his migraines was fixed. He no longer has "head issues".

Harvin missed three games and countless practices in Minnesota as migraines would appear and render Harvin completely incapable of performing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/migraines-no-longer-a-concern-for-percy-harvin/

Yes the issues are in the past, but he missed 3 games because of it as well as more games in college.

I just said that he has natural head issues (which he does) and that he might not bounce back as well from a concussion. That's all I said.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2cufnwi2 said:
ImTheScientist":2cufnwi2 said:
HawkFan72":2cufnwi2 said:
He missed 3 games.

I know they aren't directly connected and that his migraines were not concussion-related. I just meant that he has had head issues in the past and he missed some time because of it. If he naturally has issues in his head that cause pain, his head might be a bit slower to recover from the concussion. That was all I meant. I'm no expert or anything, obviously...just throwing it out there.

Missed one game. The sleep apnea which was causing his migraines was fixed. He no longer has "head issues".

Harvin missed three games and countless practices in Minnesota as migraines would appear and render Harvin completely incapable of performing.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/13/migraines-no-longer-a-concern-for-percy-harvin/

Yes the issues are in the past, but he missed 3 games because of it as well as more games in college.

I just said that he has natural head issues (which he does) and that he might not bounce back as well from a concussion. That's all I said.

As a migraine sufferer and having had a concusion or 2 in my distant past, the 2 are completely unrelated. Symptoms and effects are completely different. They involve the brain and that's where the link ends.

jkitsune

Reaction score
HawkFan72":2yfwaviw said:
ImTheScientist":2yfwaviw said:
HawkFan72":2yfwaviw said:
He missed 3 games.

I am a doctor. They are unrelated.

OP
OP
ImTheScientist

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
jkitsune":29v4pjlo said:
HawkFan72":29v4pjlo said:
ImTheScientist":29v4pjlo said:
HawkFan72":29v4pjlo said:
He missed 3 games.

I am a doctor. They are unrelated.
:snack:

RCATES

Reaction score
Potential bad news fella's. Last night John Clayton http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... rd%20Facts
said that Harvin's concussion testing didn't start until yesterday (Tuesday). He said normally this initial test is done the day after the game which would usually fall on Monday. Hawks game being on Saturday these test should have been performed on Sunday by team doctors. These test not being performed until 2 complete days after game day is a bad sign in Clayton's opinion. I don't buy Carroll's conservative approach for the Hawks offensive woe's these past 5 weeks. Without Harvin this offense is in trouble. Its no wonder that all the National media is focusing on the decline of RW and this Offense.

tleise32

Reaction score
Potential bad news fella's. Last night John Clayton http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... rd%20Facts
said that Harvin's concussion testing didn't start until yesterday (Tuesday). He said normally this initial test is done the day after the game which would usually fall on Monday. Hawks game being on Saturday these test should have been performed on Sunday by team doctors. These test not being performed until 2 complete days after game day is a bad sign in Clayton's opinion. I don't buy Carroll's conservative approach for the Hawks offensive woe's these past 5 weeks. Without Harvin this offense is in trouble. Its no wonder that all the National media is focusing on the decline of RW and this Offense.

meh, this doesnt worry me at all

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think its just them taking as much time as possible to be safe. Why wouldn't Carroll and staff allow as much times as they can for this? I don't see it as bad news I see it as Pete wanting to make sure he's able to play and pass all the tests.

As far as the offense go read fieldgulls article on what Wilson and the offense have done when they need to score ala closing out a half. The offense has scored in 85% of those situations. The offense will be fine on Sunday.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
RCATES":33pxpajg said:

I dont see it being a good, or bad sign. You could say its a bad sign, but on the flip side he got the extra day(and really two) could be very beneficial.

All in all, all that matters is how his brain/body responds to the workload in these next few days. That is where the focus is on the protocol, where the tests are passed or failed. They'll give him a workload, and see how his brain/body responds. Increase his workload, and see how he responds. The extra day could make all the difference in the world.

He passed the 'yeah I can remember the date/walk straight/balance test', and as Pete has said all week, we won't know anything until later in the week, possibly starting today.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
RCATES":5l0tqb6o said:

Or it could mean they gave him extra time to improve and pass the test

45Hawker

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":16inl2l0 said:
Or it could mean they gave him extra time to improve and pass the test
I think it's this ^^^^. It also keeps keeps his status to the 49ers unknown, which might have some benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts