Anybody else feeling uneasy about this game?

grizbob

Reaction score
I'm worried the game won't get here soon enough to save my sanity from the insanity that is brought on with bye weeks :180670:

StoneCold

Reaction score
It's a very dangerous game against an opponent that while we've beaten them the last three times each game has been struggle. I think of Carolina as St Louis with a better offense. And St Louis led at half time. Yes it was thanks to turnovers, but that is the margin in the NFL. Even if we play clean this game will likely be very close, very hard and undecided till the final minutes. Anyone who has no concerns is not a football fan.

SC

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Jerhawk":27mqmzpq said:
Blitzer88":27mqmzpq said:
I'm nervous for sure..........Panthers are playing good ball right now.

Exactly. The Panthers are rolling (against admittadly weaker teams than the Hawks have faced) but theyre as good a team as any of the 8 remaing. Plus the past 3 years games have that similar slug fest style to them like any divisional game

Bolded is maybe the least true thing that's ever been said on a message board in the history of the universe.

2_0_6

Reaction score
anyone else get the feelin of "bubble guts" on game days? Ive felt like that for two weeks.

Always nervous for every game, even more for playoff games.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":gyzr3o4z said:
Jerhawk":gyzr3o4z said:
Blitzer88":gyzr3o4z said:
I'm nervous for sure..........Panthers are playing good ball right now.

Exactly. The Panthers are rolling (against admittadly weaker teams than the Hawks have faced) but theyre as good a team as any of the 8 remaing. Plus the past 3 years games have that similar slug fest style to them like any divisional game

Bolded is maybe the least true thing that's ever been said on a message board in the history of the universe.

Lol ok maybe it was over the top. :34853_doh: How about theyre better than their record shows?

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3p8reznp said:
FortWorthSeahawk":3p8reznp said:
No. This Hill business is getting way out of control on people's fear meters. The team will execute without him just fine against Carolina.

We will find out. If not against Carolina, Dallas for sure.

You mean Green Bay.

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1xg1l116 said:
Lol ok maybe it was over the top. :34853_doh: How about theyre better than their record shows?

I dunno. They're not that good. They have enough going for them that if we play really badly there could be problems, but that's true of basically everyone in the league.

Riley12

Reaction score
Jerhawk":24yzzv0p said:
but theyre as good a team as any of the 8 remaing.

That is not even remotely true by any statistical measure or even by any subjective measure.

They are a joke that slipped into the playoffs because no other team in that division would take control
and then beat a formerly good team with a pathetic QB to advance, in one of the worst playoff games this century.

They are not even as good as the 7-9 team that we fielded to take down the Saints.

What they are, though, is a team that has nothing to lose and will play balls out for maybe 30 or 45 minutes on Saturday.

That is what makes me nervous.

thebigcat

Reaction score
we should be playing loose as this game is house money, we have no title to defend, no record to defend and no pressure of being at home.... The Panthers team you will be facing is going to be about as loose as a football team you will see, we have nothing to lose, that my friends is a dangerous team to go against.

Hawks46

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":34zljf08 said:
I mean, I feel uneasy the same way I feel uneasy that my opponent might hit his miracle card and draw out on me in poker. There are no guarantees in any NFL game.

That said, we win this the vast majority of the time, so obviously you don't have to fear it as if a bad result is at all likely.

Bingo. Not worried at all.

As for the whole "team of destiny" I honestly feel like last year's team was more the team of "inevitability". We were the juggernaut rolling along all season long, and faltered at the end a little bit.

This year would be more aptly named the team of "destiny". Arizona was out to an insurmountable lead, then they lost not only their starting QB, but their backup as well. Most teams wouldn't even make the playoffs dealing with that.

Then you had the collapse of our biggest division rival, a collapse that no one really saw coming.

Finally, we needed GB to lose just one game so we could get HFA throughout the playoffs. We also needed a 3 way tie so Dallas beating us got erased by the 3 way tie and we won all the tie breakers.

Everything has fallen into place that we needed it to. We didn't control everything like we did last year, but it still happened for us. That's more destiny to me than last year.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, very confident. And since none of us play for the team, it's all good :lol:
I'm sure they'll give the Hawks a great battle. They have a solid D and a good run game.

Mick063

Reaction score
Feel more confident than at this time last year.

New Orleans was a tougher out and an overall better team.

chris98251

Reaction score
Maybe you can call it being IN, we trust this team to come out and take care of business in prime time, at home and play like it's a championship game every week.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Pete Carroll and his coaches ALWAYS have the team ready for big games. In fact, they all carry themselves w/a chip on the shoulder. And they are truly a family, watch that team on the sidelines. They celebrate every great play, regardless who makes it.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Riley12":2v342l5x said:
Jerhawk":2v342l5x said:

That is not even remotely true by any statistical measure or even by any subjective measure.

They are a joke that slipped into the playoffs because no other team in that division would take control
and then beat a formerly good team with a pathetic QB to advance, in one of the worst playoff games this century.

They are not even as good as the 7-9 team that we fielded to take down the Saints.

What they are, though, is a team that has nothing to lose and will play balls out for maybe 30 or 45 minutes on Saturday.

For whatever reason it popped into my head to check out their record just now outside the NFC SOUTH...They have 3 wins outside of the divison.

W against the lions week 2 IN Carolina
W against the bears week 5 IN Carolina
W against the browns week 16..in..you guessed it...CAROLINA

So outside the division they didnt win a single road game. Funny enough INSIDE the division they won EVERY road game haha.

Rat

Reaction score
Maybe a little. This feels exceptionally easy for a divisional round playoff game. We've had some slow starts lately, and if that happens in this one, I can see where the Panthers could control the game somewhat.

Smellyman

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1cv6s951 said:
Riley12":1cv6s951 said:
Jerhawk":1cv6s951 said:

For whatever reason it popped into my head to check out their record just now outside the NFC SOUTH...They have 3 wins outside of the divison.

W against the lions week 2 IN Carolina
W against the bears week 5 IN Carolina
W against the browns week 16..in..you guessed it...CAROLINA

So outside the division they didnt win a single road game. Funny enough INSIDE the division they won EVERY road game haha.

and they got drilled by large margins in many games.

I'd feel better if Mebane and Hill were playing, but I tend to think unless you have a truly dominant unblockable DT, it doesn't matter...Dobbs and King along with Bennett getting more snaps inside will be just fine. All they have to do is not get blown off the ball.

My nostradamus thinking also sees an epic meltdown by Cam. Much like Kaepernicks first game at the Clink. I am thinking one fumble, 3 picks and mutliple sacks.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Rest easy friend, the Seahawks are going to blow the Panthers completely off the field; so no worries. And if even if they don't the sun will come up and life will still be great.

DrDix

Reaction score
Zero reason to worry when your QB is named Russell Wilson.