Anybody else feeling uneasy about this game?

The Twelvethman

Reaction score
MidwestHawker":1bwkujih said:
I mean, I feel uneasy the same way I feel uneasy that my opponent might hit his miracle card and draw out on me in poker. There are no guarantees in any NFL game.

This raises my fears! I absolutely hate that feeling when you know its yours & it gets taken away :pukeface:

Missing_Clink":1bwkujih said:
Yea I guess so. I mean, my attitude is that come playoffs, anything less than your best effort and performance will cause you to lose. There are a lot of things that could happen that could lead to a Seahawk loss. But I believe that this team will not lose so long as they show up ready and play up to their potential, because they are the better team. And I definitely think they will do that in a primetime playoff game.

This grounds them. I think we take out another hard fought victory.

zifnab32

Reaction score
Blitzer88":26v7gd6b said:
I'm nervous for sure..........Panthers are playing good ball right now.

Their win streak came against:

A 7-9 New Orleans team
A 2-15 Tampa Bay team (by 2. At home.)
A 7-9 Cleveland Browns team that started Johnny Manzel
A 6-10 Atlanta Falcons team
And the corpse of Ryan Lindley

The only good team they've beat all year is Detroit. In week 2.

In the last three meetings, Cam Newton has led 28 drives against Seattle. Only one of them resulted in a TD.

Anything can happen and all that, but they are certainly the weakest team left in the playoffs.

Spiderdan

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2hddo4on said:
Reading through some of the posts here I get the feeling that most of you are expecting this to be an easy win Saturday. Unfortunately I dont have the same level of confidence.

Going into last years divisional game, it felt like destiny was on our side. But for this game, theres too many storylines putting the Panthers in that dangerous David vs Goliath scene. Think about all the adversity theyre battling through. The quarterback survives a violent car crash, the coach's house burns down, and now they're 11+ point underdogs heading into the defending champions house.

I can just picture the storylines of how reselient they were to come in here with nothing to lose and shock the world. Does anyone else feel this way, or do I need to quit worrying and shut up? :180670: :34853_tinfoil:
David only beat Goliath because he brought a gun to a knife fight. We've got guns of our own. I'm not worried at all.

AVL

Reaction score
No, not at all.

I am assuming the hawks will be ready to play. That should be more than enough to advance.

Dabhawk

Reaction score
Im worried with our players performance as much as I am the competence of our fans who show up for the game. Ive been noticing more fights, less people paying attention to the game and people SITTING DOWN ON D!!!! Disgraceful, our real 12s have to show up this Saturday or else we might not have the edge we use to in the playoffs.

BTW I went to every game last year including the playoffs and must say this year Ive been utterly disappointed with our gameday fans. The Cowboys game was absolutely PATHETIC! Never have I witnessed the 12th Man become the 5th maybe 6th Man at best. We had no passion, and it was sickening watching fools leave early cause we werent on top. The Cowboys fans were literally chanting "THIS IS OUR HOUSE" :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface: :pukeface:

I will show up to the game prepared as always, SCREAMING THRU MY LIL BLUE CONE I SNEAK IN!!! GO HAWKS!! SEAAAAA HAAAAWWWWWKSSSS!!!! :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: :stirthepot: DO I SMELL SOME PUSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAYYYYYY CAT?!!!! :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono: :141847_bnono:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
NO...the real question in my tiny mind is Should I wear the hoodie for the game or the Hass like I did for the Arizona game or another combination...maybe my jogging suit from the 06 game agin az that we won? I dunno. Questions questions questions....maybe I shall come up with an answer. Hmmmmm. :shock:

Laloosh

Reaction score
thebigcat":60agoi28 said:
we should be playing loose as this game is house money, we have no title to defend, no record to defend and no pressure of being at home.... The Panthers team you will be facing is going to be about as loose as a football team you will see, we have nothing to lose, that my friends is a dangerous team to go against.

So-Youre-Telling-Me-Theres-a-Chance-In-Dumb-and-Dumber-Gif.gif

DavidSeven

Reaction score
There are no guarantees in the NFL. The Bucs and Titans took it to us at C-Link last year. You can say primetime/playoffs are a different animal, but there is just so much risk for variance in any given game. The better team wins most of the time, not all of the time.

The Panthers have been feasting on high variance plays (INTs) during their run; they also have explosive talent at receiver and RB, fast LBs, and a solid pass rush. Their biggest spot of concern might be the QB, but even he's capable of being special on any given Sunday. I remember Cam playing like a grown man and being clutch as heck against Tom Brady and the Patriots on Monday Night Football last year.

Am I concerned? I think the Seahawks wipe the floor with this year's Falcons or Saints. Carolina might have enough defense to keep it close -- any team with fast LBs and D-line talent gives me concern. A close game means the variance plays will likely decide the winner, and that's not something that gives me comfort. At the end of the day, I think Seattle wins this game like 85% of the time. But, you know, sometimes the over-pair gets beat.

sc85sis

Reaction score
thebigcat":3e9xnfwf said:
we should be playing loose as this game is house money, we have no title to defend, no record to defend and no pressure of being at home.... The Panthers team you will be facing is going to be about as loose as a football team you will see, we have nothing to lose, that my friends is a dangerous team to go against.

Your team has the same thing to lose as our team--a chance to play in the NFC Championship game.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
A North Carolina driver and Ron Rivera's house have nothing to do with the fact the Seahawks are the better team, at home, in prime time.

Soooo nope.

I will feel much more stressed out next weekend, especially if it is Dallas.

Rat

Reaction score
sc85sis":2siflxk6 said:
thebigcat":2siflxk6 said:

Your team has the same thing to lose as our team--a chance to play in the NFC Championship game.

I don't get all this "we have nothing to lose" BS from Panther fans either. Carolina was the #2 seed in the NFC last year, it's not like there are no expectations for this year's team. Sucking for most of the season doesn't make those expectations go away. This wasn't some perennially downtrodden team that went 2-14 last year and is just happy to have gotten this far. They were in the divisional round last year. Guys like Rivera and Cam absolutely have pressure on them.

bigdaddydave

Reaction score
Honestly, this is probably the game I'm most confident about all year.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Count me in with the group that is worried about next week.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The only thing I'm worried about is the fact that I'm not worried in the slightest.

bigDhawk

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":153ygt4x said:
Not uneasy one bit.

Score may not reflect it, but this game will not be in doubt and Hawks will roll

Exactly.

The way I look at it, at what point can a fan base come to the realization that their team is insurmountably superior to its opponent and will, barring calamity, assuredly win? At what point did the 90s Cowboys fans realize it? At what point did the 00s Pats fans realize it? Yeah, any given Sunday, blahblahblah...but there is a threshold of veritable, dynastic invincibility truly great teams can reach where fans are allowed to be assured of victory against lesser opposition in crunch time, and I believe the Seahawks are on that cusp, if not there already.

taco40

Reaction score
I watched Carolina play at home last week. It was less than impressive vs a decimated Arizona team. I actually felt sorry for a millionaire (fitzgerald) who was earning money but looked neither secure, nor satisfied in earning it. Carolina may have gotten caught playing down to their competition who had a better record then themselves, but they just didn't look like they were out to earn respect despite being under .500. Going back to the playoff game when the Hawks made the playoffs in similar fashion, Seattle made it look like they definitely deserved to be there. Carolina didn't give off that vibe from the start.

So, not concerned.

evergreen

Reaction score
Not worried. They are in for a treat. We will roll! I won't be surprised by a shut out. Carolina blew their wad last week. They're going to be a smear on our windshield.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
No, unless Rog's goons pull off another XL* style screwing the entire game.
Don't see that happening against the kittens, very possible against the Cowpatties though, as you saw in *allas.

Optimus25

Reaction score
I was feeling a little concern of this flavor you describe until i remembered this game is primetime. That just exponentially adds to the pain the kitties will feel. And all the talk about how relaxed theyre going to be via playing with house money will dissipate the first time they realize the defense that held them to 9 pts earlier this year is vastly better today....And the false confidence they gained from playing against a 73rd string quarterback goes in the toilet courtesy 1 Russell Wilson who in his last primetime game put up franchise record numbers, and their tears will taste delicious. Don't let the previous meetings' score fool you or factor in,,,,remember lynch drop=Carolina pick at the goal line, bad snap = carolina fumble recovery at the 30, and russell wilson missed a WIDE open helfet for a td. We are big brother, we are built in the same mold only we are coke they are RC cola, we are Blake lively they are that chick on craigslist who wants a one nighter and has an adams apple, we are the rat pack and they are Nsync. Jeez, after they beat the lindleys you'd think their fans just pounded the kool aid with a side of rufies. Can't even find one kitten fan who is at least realistic about the impending demise.

Edit....in retrospect, how many positions would you trade straight up, ours for theirs? My number is satisfyingly, extremely, really low. Is Roman Harper allowed to be paid by carolina while drawing social security too?

Scottemojo

Reaction score
thebigcat":168zjc8b said:
You have none of those things because your team is not very good. And house money? a couple of bucks maybe.

Talk matchups. Tell me how your offense is going to hang the 20 they will need, at minimum, to beat this defense.

All NFL teams are dangerous to go against. Lots of bad teams play with house money and still lose. Loose? what does that actually mean?

Talk some actual ball, please. I am tired of all the emo reasons some fan thinks his team will win.