Beast has got to stop...

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3an6kqse said:
Beast?

Are we too lazy to call him by his actual nickname, BeastMode? Is this some new branding like 12th Man into 12s?

Is the above real? Holy hell if so...

Also--Marsh (sorry I abbreviated) should absolutely grab his wang when he makes a beast quake type of run. It's iconic. I am turned off by the fact that it may receive a penalty at some point, but if you're busting off 60+ yard runs where you break multiple tackles, I'll be upset if I don't see it at the end..

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
kearly":2juezl6p said:
This whole thing reminds me of a Key & Peele sketch:

[youtube]RGJb2iLvOKE[/youtube]

I'm gonna have to do the triple pump at work now.

OP
OP
nolachawks

nolachawks

Reaction score
NFL fines Lynch $20,000 for obscene gesture after TD run.

Chawks1

Reaction score
nolachawks":2q8oq41s said:

Meanwhile, stil no word from the NFL in regards to what the fine will be for Michael Jackson's crotch grab performance at the 1993 Super Bowl watched by 90 million people.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":11pn9ogt said:
Beast?

Are we too lazy to call him by his actual nickname, BeastMode? Is this some new branding like 12th Man into 12s?
So all those fans in the stands that collectively say "Beeeeeeeeeast" when he carries the ball are just being lazy? :229031_shrug:

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
nolachawks":22ncyowh said:

This witch hunt is just out of control! You have a team that BLATANTLY cheated in a Conference championship game, making a mockery of the league in the process. And instead they fine a player who just ran for a touchdown for adjusting his privates. Maybe Marshawn should wear a little towel over his crotch so as not to offend the puritans! :thfight7:

SomersetHawk

Reaction score
Looks like Seahawks and NFL are in discussions with how to deal with Lynch. Hope we back up our guy and go to town on the NFL. I mean this fine is one thing, but they're threatening to fine him significantly more than $50,000 each time he refuses to interview over the three media days.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/st ... api_public

10-Hot-Rod-quotes.gif

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2015":1ry0cg9u said:
FACT: he's never been flagged before for doing the crotch grab.

Has anyone ever been flagged for this before?

Fact 1: He's still never been flagged for doing it, nor has the NFL said that they're going to flag him for doing it (he's just getting fined).

Fact 2: For decades there have been rules around celebrations and ways you are or are not allowed to celebrate.

Conjecture on Fact 2: As fans who have seen all these rules around celebrating are we really pretending to be surprised that the NFL wouldn't look favorably on a player celebrating by grabbing his crotch over and over again? Seriously? We're pretending to be surprised about this?

Fact 3: Marshawn's not an idiot. He breaks the rules and skirts around them consistently. PC lets him do it, the NFL fines him, and he pays the fines and things go on as usual. As fans we can dislike the rules*, but it's not like he is being blindsided by them. :lol:

*"fans": I'm obviously not a Hawks fan, but I'm a big Lynch, both b/c he's a joy to watch play, and because he's a Bay Area guy through and through.

StoneCold

Reaction score
It will suck if grabbing his crotch gets a penalty. With media days coming up I hope to see this scene. Marshawn walks up and takes a seat and the cameras roll and questions start flying. He just says, "I'm thankfull" and every 5 seconds another Hawk comes out and stands behind him. When the sessions over they all grab their junk and yell, "I'M THANKFULL!"

Then all the parents can have a teaching moment with their kids. It will be great and we'll all grow.

SC

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":brm2oxm0 said:
hawknation2015":brm2oxm0 said:
FACT: he's never been flagged before for doing the crotch grab.

Has anyone ever been flagged for this before?

Fact 1: He's still never been flagged for doing it, nor has the NFL said that they're going to flag him for doing it (he's just getting fined).

Fact 2: For decades there have been rules around celebrations and ways you are or are not allowed to celebrate.

Conjecture on Fact 2: As fans who have seen all these rules around celebrating are we really pretending to be surprised that the NFL wouldn't look favorably on a player celebrating by grabbing his crotch over and over again? Seriously? We're pretending to be surprised about this?

Fact 3: Marshawn's not an idiot. He breaks the rules and skirts around them consistently. PC lets him do it, the NFL fines him, and he pays the fines and things go on as usual. As fans we can dislike the rules*, but it's not like he is being blindsided by them. :lol:

*"fans": I'm obviously not a Hawks fan, but I'm a big Lynch, both b/c he's a joy to watch play, and because he's a Bay Area guy through and through.

Crappynick's kissing the bicep is much more offensive, especially since he never kisses his biceps against us, and he runs most of his TDs in, which means he should be kissing his legs if anything.

Anyways, see you in the Super Bowl!

Oh, wait...

salamander

Reaction score
Michael Jackson's signature move is the crotch grab. The NFL had Michael Jackson as the halftime show in 1993 and he did the crotch grab numerous times (as expected). This is not about decency or vulgarity. This is all about the NFL trying force Marshawn to bow down and kiss their ring.

minormillikin

Reaction score
Hawkfan77":3h5ag0p0 said:
Beast?

You need to put quotation marks around "BeastMode," or else it's like you are addressing Marshawn himself.

Are you too lazy to use quotation marks, Hawkfan77?

Btw...I'm just having fun. Though, I have thought an alter-ego named "GrammarHawk" would be pretty cool. Plus, I make too many of my own errors (that don't matter).

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
StoneCold":1hnfvgpp said:
It will suck if grabbing his crotch gets a penalty. With media days coming up I hope to see this scene. Marshawn walks up and takes a seat and the cameras roll and questions start flying. He just says, "I'm thankfull" and every 5 seconds another Hawk comes out and stands behind him. When the sessions over they all grab their junk and yell, "I'M THANKFULL!"

Then all the parents can have a teaching moment with their kids. It will be great and we'll all grow.

SC

288171066 960

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Whether he's doing it to the NFL Brass, or even just sayin' Man I got some big balls. The fact that he's turning around and facing the opposing team and grabbing his junk which usually means "suck on this". That so easily can be (and should be) interpreted as taunting it's not even funny.

Lets put a scenario out there for those defending this, and I'm not even attacking it from the whole offensive for TV aspect. Because I have a toddler watching, but she has no idea what's going and it's so subtle I doubt she'd notice. Marshawn already got fined for this (and now a third time). The refs will be on the lookout (if not already) and thankfully this time was so subtle they didn't notice (or care). But what if they did, flag...taunting, 15 yards.

2 pt conversion try fails to convert and gets stopped just 2 yards shy. Aaron Rodgers drives down and gets the FG and wins the game. Yeah you tell me everyone here (who isn't too depressed to be on this site) wouldn't be like "YOU IDIOT!! You were already fined, and you put the game on the line for that?!?".

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Popeyejones":26gpi2lk said:

Fact: Superman shirt rips, kissing biceps (or Kaepernicking, as some call it), discount double-checks, Iggy shuffles, the Dirty Bird, borrowing pompoms and doing a dance with the cheerleaders, doing sit-ups in the end zone, and even signing a football with a Sharpie in the end zone after a touchdown are all celebrations which have not been fined by the NFL.

Why is a quick crotch grab so much worse than any of these?

kearly

Reaction score
Some guy called into Brock and Salk asking how he was supposed to explain the move to his kids. He sounded genuinely upset.

I don't understand people sometimes.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
kearly":1duee98o said:
I don't understand people sometimes.

Agreed. I mean, it's not anyone's fault but the caller's that he's such a poor father.

You know those kids are getting pulled from every sex-ed class until college, yet somehow they'll see as many violent films they can handle. America is weird.

Latest posts