Do you want to draft a QB in 1st?

Do you want Seahawks to draft QB in 1st round?

• Total voters

Ozzy

Reaction score
If we had a better guard, a better run D... and pass D, we wouldn't be asking the question.

Get a qb and miss out on getting the best players you can at ol, LB, and safety, and your wunderkind will face the same problems our current QB does.

And Penix won't be available. The Bears are going to take him and trade Fields.
That’s not always true though and one pick doesn’t negate the rest of a draft. That’s like saying if you go OL in the 1st you miss out on LB and safety. You can get a QB and still improve your team in other areas in the draft as well as FA.

If John has a guy at 16 that he thinks is a franchise guy it would be dumb to pass and I don’t think he would. Them losing their 2nd rounder handcuffs them though.

keasley45

Reaction score
That’s not always true though and one pick doesn’t negate the rest of a draft. That’s like saying if you go OL in the 1st you miss out on LB and safety. You can get a QB and still improve your team in other areas in the draft as well as FA.

If John has a guy at 16 that he thinks is a franchise guy it would be dumb to pass and I don’t think he would. Them losing their 2nd rounder handcuffs them though.

I just don't see who that is.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I just don't see who that is.
Now that’s a fair argument. It’s early in the process. I’m interested in seeing how it plays out. If there is a couple of guys who are franchise guys then sliding to 16 might be tough.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Might need to trade up to the top ten to get a QB but with no 2nd round pick this year, it's going to be tough to trade up.

Seahawker

Reaction score
I'm reading we now pick #16, but if we had lost it would have been 14. Not a huge difference, until the last QB goes at 14 or 15. lol

WarHawks

Reaction score
I'm reading we now pick #16, but if we had lost it would have been 14. Not a huge difference, until the last QB goes at 14 or 15. lol
That's good to hear, because I read we could have picked in the top ten had we lost.

Fade

Reaction score
Imagine if a QB drafted at 14 goes on to be a HoFer.

Those 2 spots don't matter until they do.

Also by winning that meaningless game, they gifted AZ, Marvin Harrison Jr, solidifying the Seahawks as the 4th best team in the division going forward without major change to the coaching staff.

I voted no. Pete and Geno deserve each other.

The Seahawks can't get serious about drafting a QB, until they get serious about Head Coach.

OP
OP
Jerhawk

Jerhawk

Reaction score

Also by winning that meaningless game, they gifted AZ, Marvin Harrison Jr, solidifying the Seahawks as the 4th best team in the division going forward without major change to the coaching staff.

The Seahawks can't get serious about drafting a QB, until they get serious about Head Coach.

This is what I was trying to explain in the Gameday chat yesterday and of course was told I'm a lousy fan

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Agree to disagree. It was 2 spots. It sounds like you're mad they won. That's all. It's all good, just opinions.

And I can't take anything Fade has to say seriously. Nothing.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Our second rounder was Hall though who can’t make the field on the leagues worst defense. You’re going to miss sometimes and you’re going to hit. They’ve just under valued the line for a long time. The tackles were a move in the right direction though so hopefully it’s a shift they continue with.
I kept thinking about that Hall pick this season….

Like a second rounder should be able to see the the field….

Hopefully, Hall, turns into a Mafe, since it took Mafe over a year to come into his own…but, if I’m drafting a player, I hope my second rounder makes an immediate impact cause I don’t have time to wait if I drafted him that high. I need production immediately. Early second rounder too!!

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
If Penix falls grab him.

I would like a DT though, it would be awesome if the consensus number one player in the nation was a DT and somehow fell to us due to character concerns.
I’ve been looking into DTs this season, and I don’t see a standout NT or DT this college year…but I could be wrong and there’s some prospect that turns heads during the senior bowl, or even championship game tonight….or combine…

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I guess if Penix falls to us then sure.

QB & offense isn't our biggest problem.

flv2

Reaction score

Carr has a fully guaranteed $30M contract for 2024 and a no trade clause. The Saints aren't picking a QB at #14.

Latest posts