Kam holding out for more money

northseahawk

Reaction score
Uncharacteristically, I might be of the opinion to give Kam more. He along with Lynch are the only ones underpaid for what they do for this team.

sam1313

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":ahsr3y2s said:
Next man up.

Screw that! I can't imagine our D without Kam.

I really hope RW is paying attention to this. His demand for so much is setting such a bad precedent for the rest of the team....

Agent Hawk

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":2vpz8ze1 said:
Irvin's being helpful...

[tweet]https://twitter.com/BIrvin_WVU11/status/626436291349995520[/tweet]

lol, almost spit my breakfast on my laptop. I don't know why that was so funny to me.

timmat

Reaction score
If it's only a bigger percentage of guaranteed money and doesn't change his yearly compensation, nobody deserves it more than Kam. But anything beyond that - i.e. more actual dollars in the deal - sets a very dangerous precedent for mid-deal renegotiation that was already started with Marshawn. Who's next - Earl and Sherman?

I can't recall a recent-era team with this many studs on a roster. Feels more like a 90s 49ers or Cowboys squad. And in the modern era of social media, media coverage, and salary cap, it's nearly impossible to "keep the band together". I hope once the pads are on and camp gets going, the focus is united and the goal the same, as it's been the past several years. Offseasons are painful in this day and age.

Also, please show Irvin the door after his contract is up this year. I enjoy the off-the-field quirkiness and character of several of our players. He is not one of them however.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":uwsgvpdt said:
I hate to say it, but this is why you don't let your QB negotiations become contentious and stretch to August and beyond.

Everyone follows what the QB does. If they see reports that he isn't giving an inch, why should anyone else? QB sets the tone. This is why making that commitment early is crucial.
I agree to this...well at least to some degree anyways.
Without anyone REALLY knowing the particulars to RW's bottom line, Schneider could very well be trying to deal with some excessive numbers as too far apart for him to say the hell with the CAP, and give in to Wilson's demand especially if he's being unrealistic.
Irvin should be traded away.
Bennett got paid, as did Kam.
What the hell good is contractual agreements, if nobody wants to adhere to them?
Your word is your bond, and a contract with your signature on it is also a bond.

ringless

Reaction score
Wow a lot of contract issues on this team right now. The cap always wins in the end. The issue is most of these guys who want more money don't really have a say in the issue with multiple years left.

bandiger

Reaction score
sam1313":thj31aht said:
fridayfrenzy":thj31aht said:
Next man up.

I really hope RW is paying attention to this. His demand for so much is setting such a bad precedent for the rest of the team....

This is all about guarantees and the main issue that will be popping up every offseason. You want to keep harping on Wilson because he wants to make sure he doesn't fall into the same trap. Probably doesn't care about being the top APY and more about having security, why the hate?

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
He got his money, Bruce, when he signed his second contract.

He's paid more than any other strong safety in the league I believe.

And he's thoroughly taking the piss if these reports are accurate.

BigMeach

Reaction score
They need to reset the precedent and not give in. If they didn't do it with Marshawn last year it wouldn't be an issue and I really wish they hadn't.

It's not like we won the superb owl (too soon?)

sam1313

Reaction score
bandiger":3tv7ty3b said:
sam1313":3tv7ty3b said:
fridayfrenzy":3tv7ty3b said:
Next man up.

This is all about guarantees and the main issue that will be popping up every offseason. You want to keep harping on Wilson because he wants to make sure he doesn't fall into the same trap. Probably doesn't care about being the top APY and more about having security, why the hate?

First, if this is just about guaranteed money, then I take everything back that I am about to say. Given RW's health record and intelligent play, I would have no problem giving him a 3 or even 4 year deal with damn near 100% guaranteed money. For example, if he took $18-19 million/year, and had $16 of that guaranteed - I would have thought that was awesome. And, for the record, I really thought that is what would happen prior to this off-season.

However, it hasn't just been about the guaranteed money. The offer on the table exceeds $21 million/year. And, as others have said, RW sets the tone for the team. Do you think, per chance, that maybe Kam and Bennett are concerned about their guaranteed money because of what RW is demanding? When one person commands so much cap space it is going to cause hard feelings and/or make them concerned that they will get cut before the end of their contracts. Guaranteed.

I'm in no way saying RW isn't worth the money he is asking for - there is almost no limit to the value he represents for the team. And, I know he has been grossly, grossly underpaid (but, it isn't like he hasn't got some really good endorsement deals from Microsoft among others - all of which would increase significantly with future championships). But, with the cap, there is only so far the team can go, and breaking the bank for one player makes everyone else feel slighted.

Thus, my problem is that RW had the opportunity to take just a little less (maybe just 5-10%), and thereby encourage the team's other stars to do the same. His image would have remained untarnished, his love for his teammates would not have been questioned, and he would have furthered his desire to win multiple championships. Instead, he has taken action that is directly in contrast to his stated goal of winning multiple Superbowls. And, he is encouraging the team's other stars to do the same damn thing. I've lost a lot of my respect for, and admiration of, him this season.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
Twitter, the evil gossip. I hate it!!! I also consider Rappaport a joke. He has been false on numerous occasions. It seems like these twitter babies posing as reporters are out to ruin this team. Oh, and yeah I also agree about Irivin. Total idiot.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
Well Kam has been tweeting since the news broke and he isn't exactly denying rumors, so...

v1rotv2

Reaction score
Rat":1qcsatzb said:
Good for Kam. It's a violent sport and he hits as hard as anyone. He should get all the money he can now.

I hope he gets it, even if it requires a holdout.

That's fine but the team has to give up something for it. What would you suggest?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
I'd be fine with every veteran on the roster holding out for the 1st two weeks of training camp. They've played more football then any other team in the league the last two years. Let them rest. Show up by preseason week 3 and I'm cool with it.

Latest posts