Kam holding out for more money

oasis

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this was said before but it seems to me like its pretty reasonable for Kam to want that money -- because if he were to collect it, it would in theory not be a strain on the other contracts/cap space. If he thinks the organization isn't signing Wilson/Wagner this year then they are subsequently leaving unspent 2015 cap money. Maybe he wants to collect it if its just going to be sitting with the organization and collecting dust. I would like to point out that I have no idea how the nfl finances work, and if this theory doesn't make sense, obviously feel free to disregard it.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
oasis":1h2u0dat said:
I'm not sure if this was said before but it seems to me like its pretty reasonable for Kam to want that money -- because if he were to collect it, it would in theory not be a strain on the other contracts/cap space. If he thinks the organization isn't signing Wilson/Wagner this year then they are subsequently leaving unspent 2015 cap money. Maybe he wants to collect it if its just going to be sitting with the organization and collecting dust. I would like to point out that I have no idea how the nfl finances work, and if this theory doesn't make sense, obviously feel free to disregard it.
Here's the key point that you don't understand, if Seattle doesn't spend $143.28M total in 2015 (100% of the salary cap), the difference is rolled over to 2016 (if the club wants)... so money not spent this year on Wilson can be spent on Wilson (or anybody else) next year.

Basis4day

Reaction score
austinslater25":2x659ekg said:
OkieHawk":2x659ekg said:
Also reported here:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5910/kam-chancellor

By giving into Marshawn last year they set a precedent, something that JS was adamant against. Looks like he should have listened to himself.

I was against it then for this very reason and JS was right in his concern. Can't wait for football to start.

Except they set the precedent when Chris Clemmons held out in 2012.

chris98251

Reaction score
I blame Christine Michael, if he would have stepped up they would have allowed Lynch to leave.

HHHTGT

Reaction score
This off-season has really effected my fandom of the game and the direction its going. I posted my thoughts exactly how I felt to Kams instagram and he blocked me for it. Oh well, I guess hearing the truth hurts..

dumbrabbit

Reaction score
chris98251":1snuhtkx said:
I blame Christine Michael, if he would have stepped up they would have allowed Lynch to leave.

I'll bet it's Dan Quinn's fault. He told his defense to demand more money so the Hawks would eventually trade them to Atlanta and get their salary off the books.

:sarcasm_off:

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
HHHTGT":1l230jkx said:
This off-season has really effected my fandom of the game and the direction its going. I posted my thoughts exactly how I felt to Kams instagram and he blocked me for it. Oh well, I guess hearing the truth hurts..

Assuming you were respectful about your thoughts and opinions, that's very unfortunate to hear.

Sometimes I really hate money. It tears people apart. I worry that it will tear the morale apart between the team. :?

HHHTGT

Reaction score
JAGHAWK":nqcvezs8 said:
HHHTGT":nqcvezs8 said:

Assuming you were respectful about your thoughts and opinions, that's very unfortunate to hear.

Sometimes I really hate money. It tears people apart. I worry that it will tear the morale apart between the team. :?

Of course I was, not like a lot of them that were basically calling him a piece of you know what because of it. It's whatever though, once you damage that view that people have of you, it's extremely hard to repair it..

kobebryant

Reaction score
northseahawk":2k53yf3m said:
I think the Karry Williams signing for that much has pissed ever one off. Every year, this organization makes a single messed up deal that the other take to heart. i.e. Percy, Williams, C.b Jesus, etc.
I think they need to just stay away from trades and signings. Obviously, it's not JS' s strength. Stay with development and keeping own happy.

You're right.

Leon Washington, Marshawn Lynch, Michael Robinson Chris Clemons, Clint McDonald, Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett, Tony McDaniel, Kevin Williams, and Steven Hauschka haven't helped at all.

Occasional whiffs are a cost of trying.

Greenhell

Reaction score
SnoCoHawk":3h2ag8jg said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/alexSSN/status/626440053326135296[/tweet]

Damn them women!!! Who wears the pants in those relationships, playa?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This only heightens how awful a decision it was to not run the ball from the 1 yard line. It is so hard to keep guys happy when the success and fame start to take off. As someone else said.. "the disease of more"

Dynasties are hard to create for a reason, and it's not just the salary cap.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
northseahawk":epdi4bwu said:
I think the Karry Williams signing for that much has pissed ever one off.

Interesting point. I would venture to guess Kam got more pissed off that Byron Maxwell is making $10M/year now. He has to know deep in his heart that he is a better and more valuable player than Maxie, who was still a scrub when Kam was emerging as a star.

That being said, my feeling is most of these guys step in line (at least eventually) if Wilson had set a different example. If Russ isn't happy with $21-22M, why would Kam be happy with $6-7?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Seahwkgal":1n0l9y6b said:
Twitter, the evil gossip. I hate it!!! I also consider Rappaport a joke. He has been false on numerous occasions. It seems like these twitter babies posing as reporters are out to ruin this team. Oh, and yeah I also agree about Irivin. Total idiot.

Yeah... the problem lies with Twitter..... :roll:

Basis4day

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2f8razs0 said:
northseahawk":2f8razs0 said:
I think the Karry Williams signing for that much has pissed ever one off.

Interesting point. I would venture to guess Kam got more pissed off that Byron Maxwell is making $10M/year now. He has to know deep in his heart that he is a better and more valuable player than Maxie, who was still a scrub when Kam was emerging as a star.

That being said, my feeling is most of these guys step in line (at least eventually) if Wilson sets a different example. If Russ isn't happy with $21-22M, why would Kam be happy with $6-7?

I don't think he necessarily has to be pissed off to try this as a business decision (Godfather quote, nothing personal, strictly business, yada yada).

1. He has a very team friendly contract.
2. He is a cornerstone player of the team.
3. Most of his guaranteed money will be accounted for under the cap after this season.
4. He plays a very physically demanding style which could make him more susceptible to injury long term.
5. The health of Earl Thomas is still a mystery, which gives him leverage if they're thin at safety.
6. The salary cap is rising at a pretty astounding rate

I'm not personally advocating for Kam's position, I'm just saying i understand it as a business decision. He sees an opportunity to make more money.

Marvin49

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":3e3ljq6e said:
This is an open letter hypothetically delivered in 2017 to Russell, Michael Bennett, Marshawn, Bruce Irvin and Kam.... (others can be added later as appropriate)

The title of your homework assignment is... "How we let it slip away"

In 100 words or less, provide your view of how your actions as individuals affected the team's deteriorating chemistry that started the downhill slide of the Seattle Seahawks from prominence starting in 2015.

Obviously, I'm a Niner fan so not exactly crying about this...

...but this was always bound to happen. Its the reality of the game. When you have as much success as the Seahawks have had, you WILL become a victim of that success. The only way to beat it is to not overpay players and to stockpile talent in the draft to replace the players you are forced to lose.

I said this before and peeps laughed at me. The Niners were on the same trajectory but are a few years ahead. They are already losing some of those core players because they won't pay them (Whitner, Goldson, Iupati, Crabtee) and letting older players walk away (Gore) because you can't afford to keep everyone ESPECIALLY when you overpay for some.

Here's the good news tho...Seattle has been adept at finding players late in the draft and have surely been planning for not having those players at some point. That's what's happened in SF this year...we are about to find out how good they have drafted.

My guess is Seattle will be fine as they plug holes with cheap drafted talent and keep that core of indispensable players.

The question tho is whether or not Kam is expendable in the grand scheme.

AVL

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2kfououp said:
This is an open letter hypothetically delivered in 2017 to Russell, Michael Bennett, Marshawn, Bruce Irvin and Kam.... (others can be added later as appropriate)

The title of your homework assignment is... "How we let it slip away"

In 100 words or less, provide your view of how your actions as individuals affected the team's deteriorating chemistry that started the downhill slide of the Seattle Seahawks from prominence starting in 2015.

Lay the guilt on. It's not like their careers aren't going to last a long time. The system eats players up and spits them out fast.

This is just preseason noise.

Latest posts