Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?

Trade Russ to the Browns for the 1st/4th picks and Browns 1st round pick next year

• Absolutely

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 189 74.1%
  • I'd think about it

Votes: 44 17.3%

• Total voters

B3ASTxM0D3

Reaction score
original poster":3qsphqca said:
B3ASTxM0D3":3qsphqca said:
Anyone see Saquon's combine numbers?! The man is an animal. Going to be the league's next best runner and a potential HOF caliber talent.

Let's get back to our peak from a few years ago when we had BEAST MODE running our offense. We need to get into the top 3 at all costs and draft Barkley.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think the Russel Wilson experiment has run its course. At a $15.5mil, the cap hit doesn't match the production anymore, and hes gonna be our best shot at getting into the top three and getting Barkley. You really think the Browns wouldn't jump at the chance to finally solidify their QB spot?! Giants are going to be moving on from Eli soon and could use Russ with the talent they have their they could be a legit playoff contender with him, while we get the best player in the draft. Schneids said we had no untouchables, so why not?

DO WHATEVER IT TAKES. Get it done. Get the browns 1st and 4th and lets get back to the top of the NFC.

Crazy idea, but welcome :)

Thanks for the love man! I think the team has a chance to do something special here and I just don't see russ as the longterm answer. Saquon is Ladainian incarnate

Seanhawk

Reaction score
B3ASTxM0D3":2amwok26 said:
original poster":2amwok26 said:
B3ASTxM0D3":2amwok26 said:
Anyone see Saquon's combine numbers?! The man is an animal. Going to be the league's next best runner and a potential HOF caliber talent.

Let's get back to our peak from a few years ago when we had BEAST MODE running our offense. We need to get into the top 3 at all costs and draft Barkley.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I think the Russel Wilson experiment has run its course. At a $15.5mil, the cap hit doesn't match the production anymore, and hes gonna be our best shot at getting into the top three and getting Barkley. You really think the Browns wouldn't jump at the chance to finally solidify their QB spot?! Giants are going to be moving on from Eli soon and could use Russ with the talent they have their they could be a legit playoff contender with him, while we get the best player in the draft. Schneids said we had no untouchables, so why not?

DO WHATEVER IT TAKES. Get it done. Get the browns 1st and 4th and lets get back to the top of the NFC.

Crazy idea, but welcome :)

Thanks for the love man! I think the team has a chance to do something special here and I just don't see russ as the longterm answer. Saquon is Ladainian incarnate

Totally agree. I mean, the number of titles Tomlinson led his teams to is proof positive.

AgentDib

Reaction score
B3ASTxM0D3":3elrb77r said:
At a $15.5mil, the cap hit doesn't match the production
Perhaps I'm just not following your point here but RW's cap hit is nearly $24m this season. If we trade him it would still be $16.5m charged to us in 2018 (his remaining pro-rated bonus) so under your plan we'd basically be paying his salary this season for him to play for the Browns.

The only way trading a player with a big contract in the NFL makes sense is if you get another player with a big contract in return so the pro-rated bonuses offset. That's why you almost never see blockbuster trades in this league for players with multiple years left on deals. Trading RW for draft picks alone makes no sense unless we're going into full tank mode this season and that's a ridiculous plan.

Rainger

Reaction score
oldhawkfan":14e4kq10 said:
People on this board would actually get behind this? Why not. There have been so very many franchise QBs on this team since 1976 it's hard to count them all. How hard could it be to just grab another one? They grabbed Russ in the 3rd round, they could just grab one with the 18th pick this year. Because really, it's just that easy. Grab another one next year. That way every few years they could just trade all these franchise QBs for a multitude of picks and eventually have every pick in the draft. Because aren't draft picks way more valuable than a player who is a proven winner and can rally the team from behind in nearly any game?? :roll:

Ill be so glad when we actually have things to talk about like the combine, free agency, draft, etc. Maybe then asinine topics like this will stop.
THIS the whole thread and idea is so preposterous.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Down Under Hawk":2ylw1v9r said:
Good to know out of the total of Hawk .net nation there are only 18 insane people
You forgot the 36 more that could go either way..
So if the 18 turn out to be right for the most part as we will find out in the near future
then your comment will be in reverse.. :17:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
AgentDib":jky9t33y said:
B3ASTxM0D3":jky9t33y said:
At a $15.5mil, the cap hit doesn't match the production
Perhaps I'm just not following your point here but RW's cap hit is nearly $24m this season. If we trade him it would still be $16.5m charged to us in 2018 (his remaining pro-rated bonus) so under your plan we'd basically be paying his salary this season for him to play for the Browns.

The only way trading a player with a big contract in the NFL makes sense is if you get another player with a big contract in return so the pro-rated bonuses offset. That's why you almost never see blockbuster trades in this league for players with multiple years left on deals. Trading RW for draft picks alone makes no sense unless we're going into full tank mode this season and that's a ridiculous plan.
Did not realize the hit was that high..
Ok 3 picks with Peppers and Gordon included?Still may lose some money but
not as high..

The Breh

Reaction score
Russ was just in MVP talks last season and y'all talkin bout the RW experiment is over :34853_doh:
The day he's not on the field for us is the day you realize how lucky we've been since he got here.

hawkman

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2lvhmlrk said:
B3ASTxM0D3":2lvhmlrk said:
Said it in the GM thread, but absolutely I would do this. Not even close to the 15.5mil cap hit we are paying him.

Trade him to the browns and draft saquon and minkah to finally replace marshawn after all these years and mediocre ass richard sherman.

Sign Kaepergod in the offseason he can do basically all russ can do anyways with at a much lower cost. Come on John get it done
That cap hit is going to be much higher soon when he gets his new deal.
People will wake up after a couple years of cap induced holes that prevent Championships.
I'd take the picks and another one or Peppers.

People on here keep telling me how dumb I am because I don’t think RW is all world. You just hit the nail on the head here. I’ll even go step further and say we don’t even win our own division again as long as RW is around handicapping this team with his salary and height.

hawkman

Reaction score
425HawkSpark":3z0r88o1 said:
hawkman":3z0r88o1 said:
IndyHawk":3z0r88o1 said:
B3ASTxM0D3":3z0r88o1 said:
Said it in the GM thread, but absolutely I would do this. Not even close to the 15.5mil cap hit we are paying him.

Trade him to the browns and draft saquon and minkah to finally replace marshawn after all these years and mediocre ass richard sherman.

Sign Kaepergod in the offseason he can do basically all russ can do anyways with at a much lower cost. Come on John get it done
People will wake up after a couple years of cap induced holes that prevent Championships.

People on here keep telling me how dumb I am because I don’t think RW is all world. You just hit the nail on the head here. I’ll even go step further and say we don’t even win our own division again as long as RW is around handicapping this team with his salary and height.
You are dumb. You don’t get rid of mvp candidate. You don’t keep bevel who is dog shit. You should just find a new site.

MVP candidate! LMAO. And you will be missing Bevell come next year when you see what the O looks like.

adeltaY

Reaction score
What the? So it's the Russell Wilson experiment now?? Kaep can do what Russ can do? Do any niners fans even believe that any more? I like Kaep a lot more than most and I think that's ludicrous. Barkely may be LT level, but that doesn't mean he's getting us a ring. RBs by themselves are just not that valuable at all. This is a passing league, more so every season.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Kaep isn't NEAR the QB Russ is. Strong arm and a great runner, but that doesn't equal great decision making and winning. And he had zero leadership skills. Russ has it all, and anyone who doesn't get it, never will.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3hqbx17l said:
Kaep isn't NEAR the QB Russ is. Strong arm and a great runner, but that doesn't equal great decision making and winning. And he had zero leadership skills. Russ has it all, and anyone who doesn't get it, never will.
If Kap didn't have leadership skills he wouldn't have been awarded Most Inspirational Player by his teammates.

He just makes dumb decisions, can't anticipate, and doesn't have much touch or accuracy.

12forlife

Reaction score
hawkman":u7qp462l said:
425HawkSpark":u7qp462l said:
hawkman":u7qp462l said:
IndyHawk":u7qp462l said:

You are dumb. You don’t get rid of mvp candidate. You don’t keep bevel who is dog shit. You should just find a new site.

MVP candidate! LMAO. And you will be missing Bevell come next year when you see what the O looks like.

Bevell is god aweful dude couldn't even come close to scripting an opening drive which we were the only team in the NFL last year that didn't score a TD on their opening drive! Even the sorry ass Browns pulled that off. Where does all this love come from for this guy? Maybe weren't watching the same games, but he never called for screen passes, doesn't know how to use the middle of the field, and never figured out how to use Jimmy Graham. Oh yeah Bevell was the greatest... NOT! Is Wilson all world hhmmm maybe not, his height does hold him back I will admit, but look what he does with what he has had to work with, piss poor Oline, and average weapons, IMHO he puts up unreal numbers, give him an offense like say Atlanta or Pittsburg, and yeah he could be the MVP no doubt.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Now that we're sending our defensive vets off, this is what I fear is going to happen. The defense will be average or worse as we try to figure out who's replacing the many holes opening up after this offseason. The offensive like still sucks, the playcalling doesn't improve enough, and the running game improves (how could it get worse?) but only to around the middle of the pack. We NEED the offense to start carrying the team while Pete figures out the new defense. I don't see it happening with the hires we made, but it has to happen or we are in serious trouble of ending up in 3rd or 4th place in the division

More and more fans will point the finger at Russell Wilson and his contract and say he's weighing the team down and will push against extending him and try to run him out of town. We proceed to suck unless and until we get lucky and draft another great QB. Russ will be under the microscope this year and I can see the fanbase souring if we don't do well.

chris98251

Reaction score
adeltaY":1wj7utll said:
Now that we're sending our defensive vets off, this is what I fear is going to happen. The defense will be average or worse as we try to figure out who's replacing the many holes opening up after this offseason. The offensive like still sucks, the playcalling doesn't improve enough, and the running game improves (how could it get worse?) but only to around the middle of the pack. We NEED the offense to start carrying the team while Pete figures out the new defense. I don't see it happening with the hires we made, but it has to happen or we are in serious trouble of ending up in 3rd or 4th place in the division

More and more fans will point the finger at Russell Wilson and his contract and say he's weighing the team down and will push against extending him and try to run him out of town. We proceed to suck unless and until we get lucky and draft another great QB. Russ will be under the microscope this year and I can see the fanbase souring if we don't do well.

Your right we should trade him while he has value and let Boykin take over. :stirthepot:

Could probably get a 4th and two 6th based on how we make trades lately .

AVL

Reaction score
I could be bribed into thinking about it. It would be driven by greed, as per usual.