Poll: Trade Russ for draft picks?

Trade Russ to the Browns for the 1st/4th picks and Browns 1st round pick next year

• Absolutely

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • Absolutely not

Votes: 189 74.1%
  • I'd think about it

Votes: 44 17.3%

• Total voters

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
ESPN recently came out with a QB confidence index. Essentially rating all 32 teams QB situations. Seahawks?...#4. So yeah, top 5 easily.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The blatant refusal to give the guy credit, just based on how much someone doesn't like the guy, is pretty weak. My friends who are fans of other teams ALWAYS acknowledge how damn good Russ is. Yet, actually Hawks "fans" just have decided "nope, he sucks"
:?

hawkman

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2vh1yh04 said:
Yeah, can't take anyone serious who thinks Russ is #15. Just another "fan" who chooses to hate the guy, regardless what has done. He's only the best QB the team has ever had.

That’s a huge insult to Hasselbeck was who could play from the pocket and didn’t panic at the remote some of pressure. Wilson is a better athlete, but has was twice the qb.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's comical you think Russ can't play well in the pocket. Keep telling yourself that. We get it, you don't like the guy. Clearly that is getting in the way of the facts. And Hass was a good QB, but he's not close to Russ.

hawkman

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":37uyy0aw said:
Yeah, because he hasn't proven over and over again just how damn good he is :roll:
How original, yet another comment about his height.

Ya another comment about his height. His height is still a huge problem for him like it always has been.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2ixdntvz said:
It's comical you think Russ can't play well in the pocket. Keep telling yourself that. We get it, you don't like the guy. Clearly that is getting in the way of the facts.

Russell has good stats from the pocket............but he still has problems with getting the ball out on time, going through his progressions and hitting the correct receiver. Especially in first halves of games.

Obviously there are other factors to this criticism.

- terrible O-line
- small receivers who have a hard time getting separation early
- teams knowing how to defense Russell and this offense (press cover crowd box)

But if we're looking at Russell's pocket passing in a vacuum?, he does have a hard time after the play is called throwing to the called play target receiver............which is why the majority of his throws are broken plays, sideline routes and roll outs to space.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
hawkman":1eh50qip said:
SoulfishHawk":1eh50qip said:

That’s a huge insult to Hasselbeck was who could play from the pocket and didn’t panic at the remote some of pressure. Wilson is a better athlete, but has was twice the qb.

Gotta wonder if Hasselbeck himself would agree with that. Twice the QB? Nah. Twice as tall? Almost.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
You don't trade a franchise QB. In case anyone has noticed the teams who have done the best in this league have good QBs. Just sayin'

Seymour

Reaction score
hawkman":180mzqeg said:
SoulfishHawk":180mzqeg said:

Love Matt and what he brought. That said, this type of comparison is ridiculous. He cannot hold a candle to Wilson, quit blinding yourself with your bias and go compare the numbers and accomplishments. When was the last time Wilson threw 17 picks to gain 3,000 yards in 1 season??? Posts like these reveal all that needs to be known about certain posters here.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":25hnrgce said:
Hass is better than Russ? :34853_doh:

Nope...TWICE the QB...... :shock: :roll: :snack:

I'll bet Wilson had twice the oline to work with also!!! :D :roll: :D

chris98251

Reaction score
Hass was a very smart QB and had one of the best OC/ HC at the time, they had an offense that was set up to dictate what they wanted to do and that was run and the short passing game. The route trees were not predictable and Hass went to multiple guys all the time. Oh did I forget one of the best lines in NFL history?

Wilson was given a lousy line, a OC that ran high school route trees that the defense knew who was going to get the ball on before the ball was snapped, we have had little to no O Line and a Coach that has taken away 45 percent of the field from him to avoid turnovers. His success came from a once in a generation Back that refused to go down and made yards after contact making him a threat and giving Wilson the use of his wheels as a runner and being able to play sandlot ball outside the pocket.

Give Wilson what Hass had or close and then we can judge, Hass would not have survived here in Wilsons situation.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawkman":1wq7eqrc said:
SoulfishHawk":1wq7eqrc said:

Yikes.

I think you have some revisionist history nostalgia with Hasselbeck, he was barely a top 15 QB even in his prime. His stats prove that out, nowhere close to Russell's stats.............WITH a better O-line, receiver group and coordinator.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... ssMa00.htm

If Russell plays 5-10 more years, he's in the HOF.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I can't even imagine how good Russ would have been behind that Line that Matt had. And no way in heck Matt makes it thru even half the season w/this line. I loved the guy, he did the best he could w/his talent. But it's not even close really. And not just because I'm a huge Russ fan. Russ does things that very few can do, while running for his life.
Matt, in their better years, had one hell of a line and could just sit in there and do his thing.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
hawkman":1ze10161 said:
oldhawkfan":1ze10161 said:
MontanaHawk05":1ze10161 said:
RussB":1ze10161 said:
They wouldnt need wilsons magic as much if they had a nice run game.

You weren't watching in 2013. The Seahawks had the league's most terrifying RB and still needed Wilson's magic. There will always be some long 3rd downs, and there is no team (and never has been) in the league that can build a Super Bowl campaign without a QB who can improvise.

Can Cousins do some of that? Yeah, probably, though in a different manner. But there's few QB's I'd trust to make something happen on 3rd down than Russell Wilson. That's what makes him an elite QB.

Cutting him to save money won't replace him. Failing for cheaper is still failing.

For those of you in the camp of trade Russ because he's too expensive...how has the cutting of expenses on the O-line worked out? You get what you pay for! Blake Bortles is going to get around 22mil/ year. Blake freaking Bortles. If you want to play with the big boys, you pay your established franchise top 5 QB fair market value!!

Top 5!?!?!? If you meant to say top 15 I agree. Top 5 qb’s can use the middle of the field. Wilson can’t even see the top 5 qb’s over a row of yard gnomes.

You lost all credibility with some of your petty remarks about Russell Wilson, along with your previous ridiculous comment that Bevell's decision in the Super Bowl was a "good call."

I'm sorry to tell you, but Russell Wilson is going to be the Seahawks QB for his entire career. He will probably win more Super Bowls for this franchise and will likely end his career as a first-ballot Hall of Famer.

* Super Bowl Champion
* NFL record most regular season wins by a quarterback in his first six seasons: 65
* One of only four active QBs with two Conference Championships
* 2nd highest passer rating in NFL history, career (minimum 1,500 attempts)
* 2nd highest playoff winning percentage in the playoffs among active QBs (minimum eight starts)
* 3rd most 4th quarter comebacks in the playoffs in NFL history, career
* NFL record most 4th quarter TD passes in a season (19)
* Only QB in NFL history to throw 3+ passing touchdowns and no interceptions in five-consecutive games
* Only QB with a passer rating of 128.3 or higher in five-consecutive games
* Only QB in NFL history to have 4,000+ passing yards, 30+ passing TDs and 500+ rushing yards in a season
* Most passing TDs (34) and total TDs (37) in the 2017 NFL season

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3bkrtnxy said:
I can't even imagine how good Russ would have been behind that Line that Matt had. And no way in heck Matt makes it thru even half the season w/this line. I loved the guy, he did the best he could w/his talent. But it's not even close really. And not just because I'm a huge Russ fan. Russ does things that very few can do, while running for his life.
Matt, in their better years, had one hell of a line and could just sit in there and do his thing.

Me too, one of the smartest QB's in the league, with tremendous toughness and heart.

But he can't even sniff Russell's jock when it comes to the tangibles, or stats, or SB's, or Pro Bowls, or anything else other than height.